Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Couchpotato's Random RPG News

Default Couchpotato's Random RPG News

March 15th, 2021, 20:20
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
This might help.

Archetype - https://www.archetype-entertainment.com/

Their working on a new Scfy RPG.
Not just a new sci-fi, but THE GREATEST science fiction roleplaying games in the world - that's the modest goal they claim on their website

I'm checking on Archetype now and then, recently they announced on WotC website that they had partnered with a production company, Blur Studios. It must be a solid team by now and they're still hiring.
Archetype Entertainment is a team of passionate game industry veterans, founded by developers from BioWare and Naughty Dog. We are hard at work building the future with a brand-new science fiction IP and video game. And we're thrilled to announce that Blur Studios has joined us on our journey.

Blur Studios is an award-winning production company. Their work spans feature films, including blockbusters like Deadpool and Terminator: Dark Fate, to hit video games, like Halo and Call of Duty. Blur's passion for science fiction, as seen in Love, Death, and Robots on Netflix, along with their work on games like Star Wars: The Old Republic and Mass Effect, makes them the perfect partner in creating the worlds of our new IP.

We're also busy building the Archetype development team. Beyond BioWare and Naughty Dog, we've added senior developers from Blizzard, 343 Industries, Sony Santa Monica, and id Software.

Redglyph

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)

March 21st, 2021, 17:38
New Grid-based CRPG called Underlair

loading…
Underlair is a 3D, CO-OP, party based, roguelike / Dungeon Crawler, that is under development. You can follow its progress at: https://underlair.blogspot.com/
The Outer Worlds: Murder On Eridanos - Official Musical Launch Trailer

loading…
The Board cordially demands that you immediately sit back, relax, and enjoy the launch trailer for The Outer Worlds: Murder on Eridanos (enjoyment is mandatory). Murder on Eridanos is out now for PC, Xbox, and PlayStation. This is the second narrative expansion to the critically acclaimed and award-winning sci-fi RPG from Obsidian Entertainment and Private Division.
Colony Ship Update #51- Early Access on April 6
Sorry for the radio silence, we worked non-stop for the last 6 weeks and I didn't want to post anything until the bulk of work was done, meaning no unexpected delays. It's done now (all that's left is visual polish), so the first chapter will be released on April 6. At this point we can honestly say we did our best. Hopefully you'll enjoy the game and help us make it better.
Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord - Online Mod Available
Bannerlord Online not only provides a multiplayer experience but provides a complete sandbox experience that is as close to the original as possible.

Complete cooperative experience on the global map

Every squad, battle, bandit hideouts and other events are fully synchronized.

Time doesn't stop during battles - move around the world, visit cities, trade and fight in the arena while other players participate in battles.
Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness - Those That Lurk in the Shadows
Greetings, adventurers!

If you have the Royal Herbalist, Boxed Edition, Undead Miser, Early Access, Royal Historian or any higher level tier and haven't yet filled out the herb/loot/catacomb message survey(s) we have sent you, please make sure to do so before 26th March 2021. After that point, these aspects of the game will be locked and cannot be customzied any longer with your input. (More advanced rewards such as helping us design NPCs, items or encounters will not be locked. We even haven't sent surveys for those reward types yet.)

While our previous update dealt with cults and religions of Yerengal, the current post presents some of the horrors and monsters employed by the dark cults: Zoria Abomination, Zoria Moon Horror, Blood Elemental and Shadowfury Demon.
@HiddenX & @Silver
--
Rule#1- "You Can Only Have An Opinion If Its The Acceptable One Nowadays."

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

Mentioned: 111 Post(s)

March 22nd, 2021, 00:56

This looks amazing!

vidder

Sentinel

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

March 23rd, 2021, 00:02
Matt Chat 464: Dungeon Hack

loading…

Empire of Ember Developer Interview

loading…
Oathbound Gaming's first developer interview! We are covering Empire of Ember with Kevin, the project lead and president of Poleaxe Games!
Dark Souls Reminds Me I'm a Speck in the Universe - Polygon
In other words, I didn't think I was the kind of person who could play a game like Dark Souls. It turns out that I am, but I didn't discover that until this year, when I tried Dark Souls again in the midst of the pandemic and a deep depression.
Dragon Age 4 Executive Producer Reveals More Character Concept Art - IGN
Bioware Austin Executive Producer Christian Dailey has revealed a new piece of Dragon Age 4 character concept art, showing off a mage, as well as a previously-revealed magic archer. Dailey posted the concept to Twitter over the weekend, which features a character standing in a rain-drenched alley in Minrathous, wearing a boxy cape and wielding a staff with a snake at its helm. Dailey was prompted to post it by Dragon Age Creative Director Matthew Goldman, who tagged Daily previously, noting that fans "could use a little pick me up."
Cyberpunk 2077 Lead Gameplay Designer leaves CD Projekt Red - PCGamer
Andrzej Zawadzki, a lead gameplay designer on Cyberpunk 2077, has announced that he will be leaving CD Projekt Red after nearly eight years with the studio. Zawadzki announced his departure on Twitter, saying, "After almost 8 years, my time at CDPR has come to an end. It's time for the new adventure. To every person I've met on the way – thank you. It was an honor and pleasure. See you around"
@HiddenX & @Silver
--

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

March 23rd, 2021, 01:03
Mass Effect Legendary Edition New Screenshots - Wccftech
A couple of new Mass Effect Legendary Edition screenshots have been shared online, showcasing some of the visual improvements made to the first entry in the series.

The two screenshots that emerged online over the weekend, as reported on the ResetEra forums, highlight the massive improvements made to the original Mass Effect character creator, comparing some of the original options with the remastered ones.
--

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

March 23rd, 2021, 03:32
Cyberpunk 2077 Lead Gameplay Designer leaves CD Projekt Red - PCGamer
Should this be worrying to the DLCs yet to come?
--
Sou tricolor de corao!

Sie sind das Essen und Wir sind die Jger!

henriquejr

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)

March 23rd, 2021, 04:30
Originally Posted by henriquejr View Post
Should this be worrying to the DLCs yet to come?
Not directly. A DLC isn't really likely to involve new gameplay design.

JFarrell71

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)

March 28th, 2021, 20:20
The Ascent Co-op Trailer

loading…
Rise up and fight for the survival of your district. The Ascent is a solo and up to four-player co-op Action-shooter RPG set in a vast cyberpunk world. The Ascent comes to Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One & PC in 2021 | Available on Xbox Game Pass at launch.
Biomutant Combat Trailer

loading…
Biomutant is coming to PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One on May 25th, 2021.
Path of Exile April Expansion Teaser

loading…
In just two weeks, we'll be hosting an exclusive livestream to reveal Path of Exile's April expansion! Watch live on April 8th at 1pm (PDT) at twitch.tv/pathofexile to get the full details on what to expect.
Legends of Ellaria- Official Release Date
Good day Ellarians! It's an incredibly special day for us: after years of hard work, today we can finally announce that Legends of Ellaria will go on full release on April 1st. It's been a long and windy road, and we've put our hearts into this game; we cannot wait to put its final version (for now) into your hands in just a few days.
Wigmund - Open World and Controls
We announce that we're well underway with the outdoor (open-world) environment. The props are coming out quite nicely along with the foliage and environment. When we say open-world we don't mean many interlinked corridors delimited by stones or blockers, but real open-worlds with vast grasslands, meadows and ruins that can be freely explored. Not only that, but it will feature many caverns and dungeons (not necessarily related to the main quest) that can be explored for upgrades and gear.
Dungeons & Dragons: Dark Alliance Interview - VentureBeat
One of the first things I saw during my late February demo for Dungeons & Dragons: Dark Alliance was a verbeeg. These are a type of giant, known for their resemblances to oversized humans and being vicious marauders.
Disco Elysium: The Final Cut Interview - GamingBolt
To learn more about The Final Cut and how it improves on an already great game, we recently reached out to ZA/UM with a few questions. You can read our conversation with lead writer Helen Hindpere below.
Obsidian and Its Reputation for Masterful Yet Buggy RPGs - PC Gamer
"There is a seedy underbelly to game publishing and development, in which there are a lot of developers that have to make games they wouldn't choose at all to do, to keep the doors open," Urquhart told IGN Unfiltered a few years ago. "It's a really hard decision to make, particularly when the deal you're getting is maybe not even one that covers your cost. We've been offered a lot of that stuff, and we've made the conscious decision to turn it down."
--

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

March 29th, 2021, 19:56
AC Valhalla Fans Are Furious At Ubisoft Prioritizing Microtransactions Over DLC - ScreenRant
Fans began questioning Ubisoft's Valhalla-related priorities earlier this week following a viral Reddit post by user Zuazzer. The post, which as of writing sits at roughly 4,800 likes, notes that Valhalla's in-game store is selling nine armor sets, the same number of sets available in the base game.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)

March 31st, 2021, 02:01
I found Valhalla to be very disappointing. In so many ways, it's a step backwards from Odyssey. I didn't hate it… in fact, I played probably 30+ hours of it. I got to a point where it felt like the end of the game, and then I looked to what the next steps in the story were. And the content was all like 25 levels higher than I was currently! I am not going to grind 25 levels in a sandbox just to take on the next part of the main story.

Valhalla did some things right. But overall, it's a less enjoyable experience than Odyssey was.

FizzyShellfish

Watchdog

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

March 31st, 2021, 02:09
Originally Posted by FizzyShellfish View Post
I found Valhalla to be very disappointing. In so many ways, it's a step backwards from Odyssey. I didn't hate it₦ in fact, I played probably 30+ hours of it. I got to a point where it felt like the end of the game, and then I looked to what the next steps in the story were. And the content was all like 25 levels higher than I was currently! I am not going to grind 25 levels in a sandbox just to take on the next part of the main story.

Valhalla did some things right. But overall, it's a less enjoyable experience than Odyssey was.
Same for me the changes to quests, abilities, and even dialogue choices was inferior to Odyssey. Then again this was the studio that made Origin's not Odyssey.

So the next game should be be closer to Odyssey.

* Side note Ubisoft rotates the studio's for each new game in the series. One gets to develop the next game with help from the other studios on different parts.
--

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

March 31st, 2021, 02:23

loading…
The Outer Worlds: Murder On Eridanos - Official Musical Launch Trailer
This looks nice, but I can't do grid-based games anymore. It's just too limiting. I want 360 movement. Give me MM6+ over MM1-5
--
c-computer, r-role, p-playing, g-game, nut-extreme fan
=crpgnut or just
'nut @crpgnut
aka survivalnut

crpgnut

Survival Game Nut
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)

March 31st, 2021, 16:34
Empire of Ember Released on Early Access - Steam

loading…
Enter a world of steel, war, and magic to avenge the murder of your wizard master. Recruit and lead your army in hundred-unit clashes. Design, defend, and lay siege to fully destructible cities. Loot procedurally generated dungeons. Hold court. The fate of an empire is in your hands.
Evil Genius 2: World Domination Released - Steam

loading…
Developed by Rebellion, one of Europe/s largest independent studios and the creators of Sniper Elite and Zombie Army series, Evil Genius 2 lets you live out your dreams of being the bad guy. Build your evil lair in intricate detail. Recruit and train a workforce of loyal minions and powerful henchmen. Defend your base from the meddling Forces of Justice. Dominate the world stage by unleashing your own unique brand of super-villainy upon humanity.
Fallout 76 Developer AMA Recap - Bethesda
Tuesday March 23, we hosted a developer AMA on the Fallout 76 subreddit with Jeff Gardiner (Project lead) and Mark Tucker (Design Director). You asked a ton of great questions, from Expeditions to Pets and everything in-between! If you missed the AMA, have no fear! Here are some of the most popular questions and answers.
CD Projekt won't Market New Games Early Anymore - PCGamer
CD Projekt still hasn't said whether or not it'll follow up The Witcher 3 with another big Witcher RPG, but did seem to imply as much this week. In a slide from its latest investor update, the company declared that "parallel AAA development" will start in 2022. The text is set over artwork from The Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk 2077—pretty suggestive!

The future isn't quite as clear as the image makes it seem, though. CD Projekt president and joint CEO Adam Kiciński did say in the latest strategy update video that the company will work on two "AAA" games simultaneously by growing its operations (it bought a Canadian studio, as one step), but he didn't mention any plans for a new Witcher game, and definitely didn't indicate plans for a new Cyberpunk game. In fact, CD Projekt is backing off of designs for a Cyberpunk multiplayer game.

"Previously we hinted that our next triple-A would be a multiplayer Cyberpunk game, but we have decided to reconsider this plan," Kiciński said in the video.

CD Projekt SVP of business development Michał Nowakowski also said that, compared to past marketing campaigns, CD Projekt won't start showing trailers and demos until its games are "much closer" to launch. It may still tease things, but don't expect another years-long series of trailers and demos. If there is a new Witcher RPG in the works, CD Projekt isn't saying for now.
--

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

April 1st, 2021, 17:11
No! Gothic remake to have in-game transactions. Ugh.

https://thqnordic.com/article/enhanc…ure-game-store

I hope this is april fools. Yeah, probably is.

fragonard

Sentinel

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

April 1st, 2021, 17:17
Originally Posted by fragonard View Post
No! Gothic remake to have in-game transactions. Ugh.

https://thqnordic.com/article/enhanc…ure-game-store

I hope this is april fools. Yeah, probably is.
I'd say 50/50 chance it's real but yeah April fools as it's the 1st of April.
--

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

April 5th, 2021, 05:10
The Elder Scrolls 6: Concept Trailer

loading…

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord - One Year Anniversary Recap
It seems hard to believe, but a whole year has passed since Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord was released in Early Access. And such a challenging year it has been, for everyone. We hope you are staying safe and healthy, and that the game was able to serve as an enjoyable distraction for you during these difficult times. We also want to express our gratitude to everyone that has supported us since the early access launch and provided us with many great suggestions and ideas that have helped us tremendously with the development of the game!
Dying Light 2 Interview - WCCFTech
Today, at last, after a long silence (broken only by a brief video update released earlier this month and embedded below), we can offer a lengthy interview with the game's developers as they go over pretty much every aspect of the game, from the technology used to build Dying Light 2 to the open world itself, from the RPG elements to the game length, and more still. Enjoy!
Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem - Chronicle I: Bloodstorm Live
Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem launched on the 13th of February 2020 and gathered more than a million players that will discover and take part in the story of the Children of Heimlock, split into three Chapters, before experiencing an end game experience in the Champion of Stormfall mode. Wolcen allows for a Classless progression powered by a rotating Passive Skill Tree called the Gate of Fates, a high amount of gear, gems and reagents, as well as dozens of Skills, all customizable through active and passive modifiers.
--

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

April 5th, 2021, 06:02
Legends of Ellaria Full Release Trailer

loading…
Legends of Ellaria is a real-time strategy (RTS), adventure, and role-playing sandbox game where you can build your own kingdom, fight epic battles and explore an immersive fantasy world set in a universe where an ancient civilization established portals between worlds. As the ruler of a decadent kingdom, you must escape your dying world and rebuild it in the gorgeous land of Ellaria. But your task won't be easy: your old enemies followed you, and strange beasts populate this new world. Your greatest threat, however, will come from an entirely different world!
Colony Ship - Gunslinging Hardcore Cyberpunk RPG

loading…
Colony Ship Gameplay with Splat! Let's Play Colony Ship and check out a game where you'll dive into a ship the size of a city lost in space. Grind your way from the dregs of society to make a name for yourself on the ship!
--

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

April 9th, 2021, 18:46
Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Dev Diary #2 - Turning 360

loading…
Look around! You already know that in Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous you will be able to rotate the camera, and no chest will go unseen! We present you with a dev diary about how our team was working on this new feature, and the challenges they faced in the process.
Tactical Battle Chronicles Released - Steam

loading…
Tactical Battle Chronicles: Prelude to a War - Indie, RPG, Strategy game by Andrew Gardner - Tactical Battle Chronicles: Prelude to a war is a turn-based tactical rpg where you control a small group of fighters. Recruit allies and defeat your enemies to drive the bandits off.
Hyforge Released on Early Access - Steam

loading…
Hyforge is roguelite, first-person fantasy rpg; also known as an "Elder-rogue." On your quest to find the Hyforge you will encounter majik, mystery, and LOOT. Also death..lots of death.
Strike Team Gladius Released - Steam

loading…
Official trailer for Strike Team Gladius, a tactical, turn-based strategy game coming to Steam Early Access in late 2020. Players take command of human forces in a campaign to retake a colony world from an alien invasion. Take command of elite soldiers, heavy mechs, tanks and ground assault vehicles as you fight a ruthless enemy.
Sentinel: Cursed Knight Released - Steam

loading…
Sentinel: Cursed Knight is on steam now! Wishlist it to support the project! Sentinel will be released 9th of april 2021 Q2. I've been working on this game for over a year now, Its been hell of a ride. I'm happy to announce that its almost done and almost ready to be played by anyone who wants to give it a try. Join the discord to stay in touch!
First Feudal Leaves Early Access

loading…
Become a real medieval feudal lord: start with a small village and build it up into a great impenetrable castle. You will have to repel enemy raids: hide behind thick walls, lure your enemies into strategically placed traps and even lead your loyal peasants into the battlefield.
Diablo 2 Resurrected: Alpha Gameplay Impressions Preview

loading…
Diablo 2 Resurrected: Alpha Gameplay Preview! Is the Diablo 2 Remaster Good? Classes, Graphics, moreIn this video, I want to talk about my impressions of Diablo 2 Resurrected and give some of my general thoughts on the game so far.
The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk- The Ruins of Limis DLC Announced

loading…
Looking for new adventures in The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk: The Amulet of Chaos? A new DLC is coming! Make your way through the Ruins of Limis, battling Necromancers and Vampires with your favorite group of badasses.
--

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

April 12th, 2021, 02:12
I'm looking forward to Diablo 2. I never played the game, ever. I finished D3 one time, but I didn't love it. I like the dark and spooky look D2 is showing, even if it does look sort of old fashioned.

FizzyShellfish

Watchdog

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

April 21st, 2021, 03:31
The Darkness Below Demo Showcase Video

loading…
The very first official demo for the CRPG "The Darkness Below", coming for PC, Linux & Android!
Endgame: Road to Salvation Released on Early Access

loading…
I am proud to present the first release from Indie/Anon Games, Endgame: Road to Salvation. It is a road trip combat style of game with rpg/survival/roguelike elements and full ragdoll physics.
Into the Eternal also Released on Early Access

loading…
The Gods of Into the Eternal are capable of creating worlds and setting events in motion. Once they ascend from that world they can no longer control it, and must trust that man will do right by their creation. After many worlds fell into ruin due to man's passion for war, the gods came up with a solution. They created a monster called the Great Exiler, which would rise from the ocean every 900 years - and if man didn't work together to destroy it, then the huge beast would destroy everything. Man would have to start over.
Drox Operative 2 - Early Access Month 10 Update
As of this post, we've released 42 patches (10 since the last post) with 1,427 total changes (176 since the last post), which can be read here. This consists of a ton of small fixes and balance changes, but there have been a bunch of larger changes.
Colony Ship: A Post-Earth Role-playing Game - Beginner's Tips
Colony Ship is a challenging game -- the game's setting and theme wouldn't work otherwise, and we think that, in the long run, players find challenging combat more rewarding than easy combat. Because some players have found combat too hard, however, this post is meant to (1) give fair warning of the game's difficulty; (2) explain our design philosophy; and (3) provide some tips for how to approach combat.
Bastion Retrospective Interview - Gameinformer
Our latest issue contains a studio profile on Supergiant Games â‚€œ a small independent group of developers that keeps surprising us with inventive ways to tell meaningful stories punctuated by stellar gameplay. To celebrate the studio, weâ‚„re going to be posting the stories behind the games as told to us by the team who created them. Today, weâ‚„re starting with Supergiantâ‚„s formation to create its debut game: Bastion.
--
Last edited by Couchpotato; April 21st, 2021 at 04:00.

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

Tags
interviews, mods, previews, reviews, videos
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Couchpotato's Random RPG News