Warhammer Age of Sigmar: Storm Ground - Announced - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Warhammer Age of Sigmar: Storm Ground - Announced

Default Warhammer Age of Sigmar: Storm Ground - Announced

April 6th, 2021, 22:34
Warhammer Age of Sigmar: Storm Ground has been announced for May 27th and is a turn based tactics/strategy game.

loading…

Conquer the Mortal Realms!

Become the commander of one of the extraordinary factions of Warhammer Age of Sigmar - a dark-fantasy universe where immortal knights ride heavenly stardrakes to eradicate Death across a multitude of realms. This is Storm Ground, a world of legends, heroes, hellish creatures and fearsome battles.

Lead your highly-customisable force in this dynamic and spectacular skirmish turn-based strategy game packed with fast-paced warfare. Victories allow you to collect and upgrade new types of units, powerful equipment, and unlock devastating skills.

Explore all the routes in Storm Ground's non-linear campaign. During each new playthrough, overcome new odds to find unique units and gears. Build your legendary army and defy other players in epic online duels.

• The first strategy videogame adaptation of Games Workshop's epic Age of Sigmar
  • Spectacular and fast-paced tactical battles
  • Unlock, collect and upgrade dozens of units, equipment and skills
  • Play solo or online in epic 1vs1 battles
More information.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)

April 6th, 2021, 22:54
I can't even keep up with Warhammer games anymore. Is there another IP being milked the way this one is?

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 98 Post(s)

April 7th, 2021, 00:05
The game looks good

Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
I can't even keep up with Warhammer games anymore. Is there another IP being milked the way this one is?
I could think of Final Fantasy with XV installments and an assortment of spin-offs, but I know it doesn't properly answer your question, since those XV installments were produced over the course of what??? 3 decades?? Heck we can get 10-12 Warhammer games in less than a decade Some (or most) of them may seem bad but this one here, I'm liking it.
--
Sou tricolor de coraÁ„o!

Sie sind das Essen und Wir sind die Jšger!

henriquejr

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)

April 7th, 2021, 00:12
I think we've gotten that many in just the last 3-4 years.

Hopefully this will be a good one, but I already know it's not for me. There's a deck-building aspect to it, and I'm not a fan of those.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

April 7th, 2021, 01:05
Yeah the Warhammer IP is milked to death. Games Workshop seems to not care about the quality of the games but the amount of money they make from it's license.

There are a few exceptions like Total Warhammer & Dawn of War. I just wish someone would make an actual good RPG that isn't an MMO or require you to play online.

As for this game it's not an RPG but another cheap turn-based strategy game.
--
Rule#1- "You Can Only Have An Opinion If Itís The Acceptable One Nowadays."

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

Mentioned: 111 Post(s)
+1:

April 7th, 2021, 01:20
I would rather have too many games than too few. At least there is a chance you will get some good out of it. So much IP sits on the shelf which is a crying shame; copyright law needs major reform but in our corporate age I would not bet on it.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)

April 7th, 2021, 03:26
Turn-based? Nice. But it's not really an RPG. Some day I'd like to see "The Enemy Within" campaign in a cRPG video game form. Probably never going to happen though.

rjshae

Periapt vs Paronomasia
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)

April 7th, 2021, 04:46
Flashy video - I hope the game play is good enough to fill the TB fun void that sadly was not filled by Fanatasy General 2.

Arkayne

Watcher

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

April 7th, 2021, 09:56
Originally Posted by Silver View Post
I would rather have too many games than too few. At least there is a chance you will get some good out of it.
Yup, this right here!
I guess there is the fear so many half assed games would damage the license but I see it as getting the setting better known out there and hopefully by a talented company who see potential for a full on RPG.

shamroxor

Watcher

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
+1:

April 7th, 2021, 11:30
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Yeah the Warhammer IP is milked to death. Games Workshop seems to not care about the quality of the games but the amount of money they make from it's license.
Ironic that you say this about an IP that was originally created for milking. The 90s wasn't any better. Then they produced masses of those China-toys and sold them in outrageous prices. Think I used to buy and paint them…

largh

Sentinel

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
+1:

April 7th, 2021, 16:17
Gameplay video will decide this one. Meanwhile a nice surprise as Straylight changed the game in the Legacy of the Weirdboy DLC for Sanctus Reach. Imperials got stronger, they are cutting through my poor orcs as if they were butter. Also they introduced a new loot collection mechanics.. The game got more ruthless. No problemo, as I have all units on the battlefield with 2x 3x the proposed command points anyway.
--
SSI Gold Box-style game, we are working on.

mercy

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)

April 7th, 2021, 18:15
I'm not sure the warhammer ip is as milked as the d&d one has been…though there are a lot of games workshop games…
--
If you don't stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front.

rune_74

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

April 7th, 2021, 20:38
Originally Posted by rune_74 View Post
I'm not sure the warhammer ip is as milked as the d&d one has been…though there are a lot of games workshop games…
I think it's been milked far worse than D&D if we're talking about modern games (i.e. not the Gold Box era). Hell, there aren't enough D&D games imo.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

April 7th, 2021, 20:48
Let's see list of Warhammer games.

Link - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o…op_video_games

And lets compare the D&D games released.

Link - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o…ns_video_games

Both have been milked plenty but Warhammer more in recent years.
--
Rule#1- "You Can Only Have An Opinion If Itís The Acceptable One Nowadays."

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

Mentioned: 111 Post(s)

April 7th, 2021, 21:31
Totally agree these are a ton of games with wildly varying quality. I'm not a Warhammer fan at all but still found a few of them to be pretty decent in the turn-based genre…

I thought Total War: Warhammer 2 was pretty good if you like that kind of game. And then Warhammer 40,000: Gladius was a pretty decent war-focused, lighter 4x. And lastly, Warhammer 40,000: Mechanicus was decent too.

So, I dunno, maybe this will be ok… and if not, don't worry, they'll announce another 10 or 15 games in the coming months to choose from.

SSIGuy

An Islander Returned

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

April 8th, 2021, 07:13
Still no Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay games for computers. Been hoping and waiting for 30 years for that. Who knows, maybe a miracle will happen and one will be created someday.

The Hulk

Watchdog

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

April 8th, 2021, 14:31
Originally Posted by The Hulk View Post
Still no Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay games for computers. Been hoping and waiting for 30 years for that. Who knows, maybe a miracle will happen and one will be created someday.
There was a good book I started to read in Warhammer Fantasy: it begins with a young female hero who has powers and commands a monster horde in a forest and she is preparing to storm the nearby fortress with them. She sends the monsters to look around the enemy. Can't find it anywhere as I lost the book. Anybody knows the title?
--
SSI Gold Box-style game, we are working on.

mercy

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
+1:

April 8th, 2021, 19:14
Originally Posted by SSIGuy View Post
I thought Total War: Warhammer 2 was pretty good if you like that kind of game. And then Warhammer 40,000: Gladius was a pretty decent war-focused, lighter 4x. And lastly, Warhammer 40,000: Mechanicus was decent too.
Adding W40K Sanctus Reach to the list.

DR490N

Watchdog

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

April 8th, 2021, 20:34
Originally Posted by DR490N View Post
Adding W40K Sanctus Reach to the list.
I've wondered about that one. I thought it looked bland, but I see the reviews on Steam are quite positive. I might grab it on the next sale.

Originally Posted by The Hulk View Post
It's really surprising that, after so many games, there's only a single crpg between both campaign settings. At least it's pretty good.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

April 8th, 2021, 20:35
Basically, Warhammer Fantasy has been killed off and replaced w/ Age of Sigmar.

It was a major shitstorm in the community, but over time, most people have started to jump on the bandwagon. It's a re-vamped, simpler game now, and it brought new factions and revamped of old ones.

They basically couldnt trademark orcs and elves, so now they are "Orruks" and "Aelves"

xSamhainx

Paws of Doom
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
+1:
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Warhammer Age of Sigmar: Storm Ground - Announced