Dungoencrawlers.org gamejam concluded

Kordanor

Wastelander
Heyho!

The Dungeoncrawlers.org which took place from the 1st to 8th of April concluded and the winners were announced.
The winner is Hedgerow, a short crawler which is a bit psycho but very well executed won the jam, and you can play it here (takes abotu 15 minutes to complete)
https://hydezeke.itch.io/hedgerow

You can see all the results by rating over here:
https://itch.io/jam/dcjam2021/results

I also started to dig through them, playing every single entry, and making videos with 4 games at a time.
The first episodes can be found here:

Good job. I thought the dungeon navigation concept behind Ankehotep was pretty cool.

Did you think Hedgerow was the best yourself?

While I recorded more than the first 2 episodes there is still plenty I haven't seen yet.

So far I would say that A miner's Debts, Hedgerow and Tria Insomnia are my favorite ones. They are all very different with their own strengths and weaknesses.

A Miner's Debts with the Time restriction is probably the most tactical one even though the game has no combat. Unfortuantely it's also the most buggy one of these 3.

Hedgerow so far has the best and most polished overall experience for a 20 Minute game. Great sound design, movement and the combat is also ok for these 20 Minutes. However the combat isn't my type and I don't think I would like to play a game like that for much longer than 20 minutes.

Tria Insomnia, besides Depths of Dagon, is the Dungeon Crawler with the most classical experience. YOu got 3 characters of fixed classes, turn based combat, different abilities to use, xp, level ups, new skills on level ups, somewhat tactical decisions in combat. You can also beat it within 20-30 Minutes or so, but I think if you just add more of everything in there, you could also play that one for hours.

Had a look at a few more.

Some Highlights were:
Labyrinth I/O - not a classical crawler but more of a Grid Based Wolfenstein 3D I guess
Hedgerow - Winner of the Game jam, very polished, a bit psychodelic, action combat
Tria Insomnia - Very traditional Crawler with party, spells, turn based combat

Back
Top Bottom