Solasta - Release Date: May 27 - Page 2 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Solasta - Release Date: May 27

Default Solasta - Release Date: May 27

April 17th, 2021, 21:46
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
I try to plan what my next few games are going to be, but it doesn't always end up working out.

Next month is crazy though. There are too many games that I have some level of interest in‚€¶

Solasta
Resident Evil 8
Biomutant
Deathloop
Days Gone
ME: Legendary Edition

That's just off the top of my head.
That and Nier Replicant in just a few days, which may not be for everyone, but I'm still quite looking forward to get my hands on it. Feels refreshing to get a new wave of well developed games with a decent budget, one does get tired of trying all kind of "cute" indie games that are fun, but you'd never play if it wasn't because of the draught of quality games that we've been under.

Nereida

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
+1:

April 18th, 2021, 21:25
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
I try to plan what my next few games are going to be, but it doesn't always end up working out.

Next month is crazy though. There are too many games that I have some level of interest in…

Solasta
Resident Evil 8
Biomutant
Deathloop
Days Gone
ME: Legendary Edition

That's just off the top of my head.
I will do most of those I bet as well…funny is I reinstalled nier again to try and figure out what I was missing….never got past the first battle and had to keep restarting….got bored and deleted it…today I made it past and it is japanese glory. I get it now.
--
If you don't stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front.

rune_74

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

April 18th, 2021, 23:31
Only ones I'm interested in are….
  1. Solasta
  2. Biomutant
  3. Days Gone
  4. ME: Legendary Edition
I've said it before my tastes in games is getting picky and my interest in gaming is waning. Happens every few years. So no my game list isn't as packed as others.
--
Rule#1- "You Can Only Have An Opinion If Itís The Acceptable One Nowadays."

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

Mentioned: 109 Post(s)

April 19th, 2021, 00:04
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Only ones I'm interested in are‚€¶.
  1. Solasta
  2. Biomutant
  3. Days Gone
I've said it before my tastes in games is getting picky and my interest in gaming is waning. Happens every few years. So no my game list isn't as packed as others.
You're slowly reverting into your "Old Grognard" persona
--
Sou tricolor de coraÁ„o!

Sie sind das Essen und Wir sind die Jšger!

henriquejr

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)

April 19th, 2021, 00:08
Originally Posted by henriquejr View Post
You're slowly reverting into your "Old Grognard" persona
Eh it happens as the genres I'm interested in playing are stale right now. Wish I could enjoy every game that gets released, but my tastes don't match with many of them.

For reference I love RPGs, 4X, and all types of strategy games.
--

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

April 19th, 2021, 00:34
Maybe this could be a poll? Do you plan your gaming? Do you line up games? How many?

Interesting really hoe people approach the matter.

I don't line up games but then I am so fussy about what I play I am lucky to have that luxury … or conundrum.

I have wish listed games on steam and ones I follow/watch. But I tend to not buy games till ready to play (unless there is a really good sale like the recent Deus Ex one).

Usually there is a dominant game that takes my focus. Right now I have a bunch installed and I don't really have a game plan (ha!). I sit down and go "what am I in the mood for?"

Often times I bounce around if I have too many games installed which usually leads to the big purge

Also gaming has changed a lot for me due to games like FO, Skyrim, and other open world games where I also like to do screen shot sets or write stories. Then I may spend a weekend, or even weeks, working on a "project" with a game.

My current line-up is just vague ideas as I wait for some games to be released - Solasta soon, then much later the new Pathfinder game, BG3.

When I find myself out of a game to play and want something new I go to my wish list or visit older games.

I am too moody and emotionally chaotic to be able to follow a list of games I think. Although it makes sense - I can see that idea also going with movies to watch or books to read.

Anyhow more on topic I am eager to see Solasta released and the nice thing is that right now I am replaying old games (Skyrim, which I am playing almost every night again, FO4, and SIMS 4), none of which have any "real" ending to them so I can easily drop them when something new comes out.

I honestly can't remember the last time I had two or more games that were both new, out at the same time, that I really wanted to play.
--
Character is centrality, the impossibility of being displaced or overset. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

wolfgrimdark

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)

April 19th, 2021, 09:11
Originally Posted by wolfgrimdark View Post
I am too moody and emotionally chaotic to be able to follow a list of games I think. Although it makes sense - I can see that idea also going with movies to watch or books to read.
Same

I don't plan anymore, from my point of view it's impossible to tell whether a AAA game will be good or not, no matter the dev/publisher. The release dates aren't very reliable anyway, then there are hotfixes and patches for a while. In the end, I prefer to wait for reviews and a stable version. For indie games, the release dates are even more unpredictable (usually they give the year at best), but they post news and the visibility on the game is better: it's easier for me to see if I want to play it, I just don't know when.

So it's more a dynamic wishlist than a plan.

Redglyph

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)

April 19th, 2021, 14:26
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Only ones I'm interested in areÖ
  1. Solasta
  2. Biomutant
  3. Days Gone
Only ones I'm interested in areÖ
  1. Solasta
I've said it before my tastes in games is getting picky but my interest in gaming is waning stronger than ever. So no my game list isn't as packed as others. [/list]
Thanks for the still very fitting blueprint.
--
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
- George Bernard Shaw

Currently playing: -
Last edited by Morrandir; April 19th, 2021 at 23:43.

Morrandir

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)

April 19th, 2021, 22:17
Originally Posted by Morrandir View Post
Only ones I'm interested in are‚€¶
  1. Solasta
I've said it before my tastes in games is getting picky but my interest in gaming is waning stronger than ever. So no my game list isn't as packed as others.

Thanks for the still very fitting blueprint.
Your welcome my attorney will be contacting you about my fees/royalties.
--

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Solasta - Release Date: May 27