Cyberpunk 2077 - Hotfix 1.21 - Page 3 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Cyberpunk 2077 - Hotfix 1.21

Default Cyberpunk 2077 - Hotfix 1.21

April 18th, 2021, 08:38
Originally Posted by largh View Post
I told you buying those shares would have been a good idea when the price crashed there will likely be higher dividends this year.
Their stock doesn't pay a dividend. At least not yet.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
+1:

April 18th, 2021, 11:23
Funny enough, the thing that turned me down the most, story wise, was the Keanu Reeves forcefeed. I couldn't find the immersion to enjoy those bits of story, much less having to play as Johnny himself in his past deeds. I wasn't interested in that part in the least. It was an immersion killer especially as it came after the absolutely epic events leading up to the hotel heist and witnessing the Arasaka family affairs (keeping it at that to be spoilery free).

I also liked the romance with Dex Judy as a female protagonist, it was touching and well drawn I thought.

In general, I enjoyed the game's story, the NPCs were from decent to great, and the voice acting helped a lot with that, in a generally very good game that I just happened to play at a wrong time, read: too early.

But I agree that it didn't deliver in some aspects, and even if it had been bug free, I doubt it would have been the game most people had hoped for it to be, simply because the hype was stratospheric, and that's their own doing.
Last edited by Nereida; April 18th, 2021 at 19:43. Reason: Wrong NPC!

Nereida

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
+1:

April 18th, 2021, 19:17
Originally Posted by Nereida View Post
I also liked the romance with Dex as a female protagonist, it was touching and well drawn I thought.
You mean the detective right? I don't think his name was Dex. Wasn't Dex the fixer that betrays you in the beginning?

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

April 18th, 2021, 19:39
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
You mean the detective right? I don't think his name was Dex. Wasn't Dex the fixer that betrays you in the beginning?
Oh yes, brain failure there. I mean the romance with Judy of course!

Dex was a well done NPC also, betrayal and all. I quite liked CP2077 NPCs in general.

Corrected the previous post to fix!

Nereida

Keeper of the Watch

April 18th, 2021, 19:56
Oh yes, brain failure there. I mean the romance with Judy of course!

Dex was a well done NPC also, betrayal and all. I quite liked CP2077 NPCs in general.

Corrected the previous post to fix!
Don't feel bad. I'm hungover right now, and the only names I can remember at the moment are Johny Silverhand, Misty, and Panam.

Judy was cool though now that you mention it. I couldn't romance her, but I liked the little underwater adventure we had. I agree most of the NPCs were very well done.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

+1:

April 18th, 2021, 20:06
Yeah the thing is Judy is only romanceable by female protagonist, and the only alternative is River Ward who I found to be a bit dull. For male protagonist you have Kerry and Panam, both of which I found to be pretty well written in general.

Nereida

Keeper of the Watch

April 18th, 2021, 20:14
Yeah the thing is Judy is only romanceable by female protagonist, and the only alternative is River Ward who I found to be a bit dull. For male protagonist you have Kerry and Panam, both of which I found to be pretty well written in general.
River Ward was the name I was trying to remember. Other than the mission where you track down those missing kids, I found most of the content related to him pretty boring.

Panam is a freak. She molested me in the cockpit of a hovertank.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

+1:

April 18th, 2021, 20:25
Judy's last quest, with the underwater sequence, is probably my favorite quest in the game. If I play again, I'm definitely going to be a female V (hopefully the voice actress is better than the guy, who I overall didn't care for), and I'll see how the Judy romance plays out.

JFarrell71

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
+1:

April 18th, 2021, 21:24
Yes, I agree that Judy was really well written character. Probably my favorite too. A little pity that bugs spoiled some of it.

largh

Sentinel

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

April 18th, 2021, 22:01
I think CDPR will be just fine. I donít know how many remember because it wasnít nearly as popular but the Witcher 1 was a mess at release also.

The fixed it all up and released the enhanced edition and became one of the most beloved developers going.

Imo.

Watcher

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

April 19th, 2021, 00:42
When I started the game I had very few spoilers so had no idea how KR (Johnny) would fit in. When I found out I quit the game and almost removed it I was so annoyed with the whole thing. But cooled off and gave it a try and … well in the end got very attached to him as a friend. But I can totally see the annoyance factor there.

Much as I love romances in games I couldn't get into Kerry, and River didn't play for my team … and as already stated it wasn't deep to begin with

I ended up just enjoying being Panam's BFF and left it at that. She was my favorite of all the characters and was almost tempted to romance her anyway and might the next time I play.
--
Character is centrality, the impossibility of being displaced or overset. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

wolfgrimdark

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)

April 19th, 2021, 14:33
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
Panam is a freak. She molested me in the cockpit of a hovertank.
Yeah, I didn't like that one either.
The point ist, that as far as I understood her character, she is not a freak when it comes to love relationships. She's more the traditional type with long lasting relationships, planning family.
So having the first sex in a tank was just unfitting imho.

Perhaps they wanted to create some iconic place for sexy times like the unicorn in the Witcher games.
They should have taken a portable campfire or something instead.
--
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
- George Bernard Shaw

Currently playing: -

Morrandir

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)

April 19th, 2021, 19:51
Originally Posted by Morrandir View Post
Yeah, I didn't like that one either.
The point ist, that as far as I understood her character, she is not a freak when it comes to love relationships. She's more the traditional type with long lasting relationships, planning family.
So having the first sex in a tank was just unfitting imho.
I didn't say I didn't like it.

It was surprising and kind of funny at least, but I don't think it has anything to do with how she might approach a relationship.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Cyberpunk 2077 - Hotfix 1.21