Medieval Dynasty - What's Coming Next - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Medieval Dynasty - What's Coming Next

Default Medieval Dynasty - What's Coming Next

April 16th, 2021, 14:29
Render Cube teases what's coming with the next major update for Medieval Dynasty.

Medieval Dynasty - A Glimpse of What's Coming Next

Hello Village Leaders,

It might seem like it's been a while since we last spoke. But don't worry - behind the scenes, work has been bubbling. So it seems fitting that we tell you a little bit about what you can expect in our next Medieval Dynasty Major Update. We can't tell you all the details yet, we don't want to spoil the whole surprise for you, but it doesn't mean that we can't do a little tease. Anyway, without further ado, let's get into it.

Our developer team is working hard on creating new resources for you. These new resources will allow you to create new tools and weapons. They will also bring you a new building to build. What are the new resources and buildings? Well, that will be a spoiler, and we can't have that! Not yet. We will reveal more information about them soon. But maybe this screen will get your brain cells percolating…

What is this blacksmith smithing?

With the next Major Update you get a new friend to count on - a Donkey! He's small, strong, and smart. What's his strengths, apart from being dashing? We will let you know that soon too!

A fairy friend… and a donkey.

Let's end this update for now. We have to save something for the future. Hope that you enjoyed this little tease of the new content drop. Are you excited for it? And most importantly, what are your thoughts on the donkey!? Stay tuned, we will unveil more info soon.

Until next time,

Your Toplitz and Render Cube Teams
More information.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)

April 16th, 2021, 19:04
Our developer team is working hard on creating new resources for you. These new resources will allow you to create new tools and weapons. They will also bring you a new building to build.
They mention creating weapons (hopefully adding combat ) New buildings, maybe an Armory.

skally_wag

Sentinel

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
+1:

April 18th, 2021, 04:02
Played this game for a few months already and I'm addicted. Yes it needs work in some areas, and it's more of a survival game then an RPG, but damn I enjoy playing it.

Just a warning building a house takes days to finish.
--
Rule#1- "You Can Only Have An Opinion If Itís The Acceptable One Nowadays."

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

Mentioned: 111 Post(s)

April 18th, 2021, 04:56
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Played this game for a few months already and I'm addicted. Yes it needs work in some areas, and it's more of a survival game then an RPG, but damn I enjoy playing it.

Just a warning building a house takes days to finish.
Hows it look graphic wise? Are the visuals/textures/shaders pretty good? Think the game is hard? How flexible is the character creator?

Curious Although I will follow-up myself with some google searches.
--
Character is centrality, the impossibility of being displaced or overset. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

wolfgrimdark

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)

April 18th, 2021, 05:22
Originally Posted by wolfgrimdark View Post
Hows it look graphic wise? Are the visuals/textures/shaders pretty good? Think the game is hard? How flexible is the character creator?

Curious Although I will follow-up myself with some google searches.
Hows it look graphic wise? - On par with Kingdom Come - Deliverance.

Are the visuals/textures/shaders pretty good? - Decent but still need work.

Think the game is hard? - Very hard as it's a survival game. You have to watch your hunger, health, and stamina. If one of those reach zero it can lead to death.

You will also have to craft/hunt/eat and do other stuff that becomes a chore.

How flexible is the character creator? - Very basic options and only male for now.

Also one area that needs improvement is the interaction between NPC's it's very similar to Morrowind. I hope the game gets full voice-overs at one point but it probably wont.

Mostly due to the costs required to do so.
--

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

April 18th, 2021, 08:35
That doesn't look on par to Kingdom Come: Deliverance to me graphics-wise. It's probably a lot easier to run though.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 98 Post(s)

April 18th, 2021, 08:41
It's close but it's made with the Unreal engine. One more plus in it's favor no texture pop in or texture problems like Kingdom Come - Deliverance. I always hated that.

loading…

Link - https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/d…val-experience
--

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

April 18th, 2021, 08:46
Kingdom Come was made with CryEngine, so I'm not sure how they compare head to head. Unreal 4 is known to be fairly system-friendly though by today's standards.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 98 Post(s)

April 18th, 2021, 13:14
I'm not a huge survival fan, but I have been thinking of getting Medieval Dynasty or Valheim. Until they have combat in MD, Valheim will probably win out.
--
"From knowledge springs Power, just as weakness stems from Ignorance."

Hastar

Unspeakable

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)

April 18th, 2021, 16:31
Thanks @Couchpotato as I had found some vids but hadn't really learned about character customization yet.

Put it on wishlist for now as something to watch for a while.
--
Character is centrality, the impossibility of being displaced or overset. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

wolfgrimdark

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)

April 19th, 2021, 03:43
It's been a little while, but I played Kingdom Come: Deliverance like a medieval simulator. It did a good job of it, too, but I've been keeping an eye on this one for a while. Maybe when it's done.

Capt. Huggy Face

Aging Gamer
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Medieval Dynasty - What's Coming Next