What games are you playing now? - Page 573 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » What games are you playing now?

Default What games are you playing now?

October 25th, 2018, 17:16
Originally Posted by Winterfart View Post
Anita
This name appears a lot lately on these boards…
--
Toka Koka
joxer is offline

joxer

joxer's Avatar
The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

#11441

Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 21,339
Mentioned: 148 Post(s)

Default 

October 25th, 2018, 17:17
Originally Posted by Winterfart View Post
@TheRealFluent, the interface is in fact okay, I just had a hard time getting used to it.

I'm in day 13 now and I really don't know how far I am in the story.
As you said, exploration and NPCs are excellent, and those dialogs remind me the good old Troika games… It's really good.
I don't know if it's the modern setting or the excellent writting, but I haven't been so immersed in a cRPG for a very long time.

I'm living this game: I lost a survivor last night (the truck driving lady, Anita, eated alive in a random grocery) and it was like a drama for me, I went to bed feeling real regrets and anger

The game sure is ugly, though, I think there's no other explanation for it's "failure"…
Yeah, losing teammates or getting them infected is like a drama. The good thing is there are so many companions you can find that you'll never be short of people to send out in the field. It is a very immersive game even with its flaws. I didn't find the game ugly, more so the style is just very basic, but it gets the job done I think. The gameplay itself is a lot of fun. I played it so much that I became pretty good at keeping people alive. You have to be really careful and strategize a bit at times to make sure you don't get into a sticky situation (or you get out of a sticky situation alive). Keep in mind that the higher your HP the less chance a bite will infect or cause permanent damage, and using a healer is a tricky thing too because you lose some HP from your total amount by healing, but it's really necessary to keep your people in top HP at all times to avoid infection. Great little underrated gem of a game there.
TheRealFluent is offline

TheRealFluent

TheRealFluent's Avatar
H.O.O. Inquisitor

#11442

Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 1,236
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)

Default 

October 25th, 2018, 17:20
@joxer, And every time I think of this Anita :

--
The delightful and ever novel pleasure of a useless occupation.
Winterfart is offline

Winterfart

Winterfart's Avatar
Passenger

#11443

Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: France
Posts: 569
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Default 

October 25th, 2018, 17:30
Originally Posted by TheRealFluent View Post
Keep in mind that the higher your HP the less chance a bite will infect or cause permanent damage, and using a healer is a tricky thing too because you lose some HP from your total amount by healing, but it's really necessary to keep your people in top HP at all times to avoid infection.
Didn't know the part about the infection (I though it was raw constitution check), thanks, I'll be carefeull and heal my guys more from now on…

A gem it is, and I just learn today that the dev of Dead State worked on VTM Bloodlines. I'm not surprised.
--
The delightful and ever novel pleasure of a useless occupation.
Winterfart is offline

Winterfart

Winterfart's Avatar
Passenger

#11444

Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: France
Posts: 569
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Default 

October 25th, 2018, 23:50
I thought dead state was dead .
you is offline

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

#11445

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: usa - boston
Posts: 7,306
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)

Default 

October 26th, 2018, 20:45
Started playing Red Dead Redemption 2, and for the little I played it's amazing. I loved the long and complex animations, the graphics are incredible, music, pretty much everything I've see so far.

Except for one thing. The frikkin controls on the controller. I absolutely hate using controllers for first person games, and am just a little bit softer on it in third person games. When a gunfight or the wild animals attack me, I lose all focus and start flaying about the cross-hairs and miss most shots. And it's incredibly frustrating.

So, I think I'm going to do the unimaginable, and stop playing the game on console, with the strong hope they will bring it to PC. I just can't deal with frustration of free aiming on a controller. And I absolutely refuse to use aim-assist or some thing like that. That's not playing the game.

So, yeah, seemly great game, but it'll have to wait until they bring it to pc.

It's interesting, because I had some of these issues in The Last of Us, but for several reasons I found much more acceptable there:
- the setting, post-apocaliptic, and the main character being a civilian with no formal army training meant I could actually role-play and explain my awful aiming for the faults a civilian would have in those situations
- combat really encourages stealth, so pulling a gun is usually a last resort.
danutz_plusplus is offline

danutz_plusplus

danutz_plusplus's Avatar
SasqWatch

#11446

Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,006
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

Default 

October 26th, 2018, 20:56
That's odd. Not a single professional review mentions anything you've described.
You sure your mushrooms didn't break?

You can always buy:
--
Toka Koka
joxer is offline

joxer

joxer's Avatar
The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

#11447

Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 21,339
Mentioned: 148 Post(s)

Default 

October 26th, 2018, 23:26
I thought they added kb/m support to ps4/xbox - or maybe that was just a dream ?

Originally Posted by danutz_plusplus View Post
Started playing Red Dead Redemption 2, and for the little I played it's amazing. I loved the long and complex animations, the graphics are incredible, music, pretty much everything I've see so far.

Except for one thing. The frikkin controls on the controller. I absolutely hate using controllers for first person games, and am just a little bit softer on it in third person games. When a gunfight or the wild animals attack me, I lose all focus and start flaying about the cross-hairs and miss most shots. And it's incredibly frustrating.

So, I think I'm going to do the unimaginable, and stop playing the game on console, with the strong hope they will bring it to PC. I just can't deal with frustration of free aiming on a controller. And I absolutely refuse to use aim-assist or some thing like that. That's not playing the game.

So, yeah, seemly great game, but it'll have to wait until they bring it to pc.

It's interesting, because I had some of these issues in The Last of Us, but for several reasons I found much more acceptable there:
- the setting, post-apocaliptic, and the main character being a civilian with no formal army training meant I could actually role-play and explain my awful aiming for the faults a civilian would have in those situations
- combat really encourages stealth, so pulling a gun is usually a last resort.
you is offline

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

#11448

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: usa - boston
Posts: 7,306
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)

Default 

October 27th, 2018, 00:59
Originally Posted by you View Post
I thought they added kb/m support to ps4/xbox - or maybe that was just a dream ?
That does not mean all games has support for it, just like on PC where not every game has support for a controller.. but PC probably has better controller support than mouse / keyb has support on consoles. If i remember correctly its like handfull of games that supports it.

Didn't get RDR 2 in the mail today, monday it its…
--
Latest creations: Fallout NV: A Wasteland in Bloom / Fallout NV: WFO v3.2
vurt is offline

vurt

vurt's Avatar
serial 𝓶𝓸𝓭𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓮𝓻

#11449

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: The land of rape and honey
Posts: 3,145
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)

Default 

October 27th, 2018, 01:18
Originally Posted by vurt View Post
Didn't get RDR 2 in the mail today, monday it its…
Till you get it, enjoy a hero meets codexians screenshot:
--
Toka Koka
joxer is offline

joxer

joxer's Avatar
The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

#11450

Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 21,339
Mentioned: 148 Post(s)

Default 

October 27th, 2018, 09:02
Originally Posted by joxer View Post
That's odd. Not a single professional review mentions anything you've described.
You sure your mushrooms didn't break?
This is nothing with the game or the controllers. What I'm complaining about is simply my issue, and one I hear other people coming from PC usage backgrounds complaining about it. I cannot for the life of me properly aim on a controller. I always overshoot, and then have to move the thumsticks again to try and align my target. And if I'm on a horse it's even worse.

But, it seems the game does have a hold on me, because I couldn't just leave it alone. So I keep playing in short bursts, and loving what I'm seeing. But I still hold to the idea that the PC version will be the ultimate experience.
danutz_plusplus is offline

danutz_plusplus

danutz_plusplus's Avatar
SasqWatch

#11451

Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,006
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

Default 

October 27th, 2018, 14:09
RDR1 has auto-aim as default, I don't think I could have finished the game if I had disabled that. Don't know if that's also on by default on RDR2, if it is, play it that way, either that or if there's a difficulty level play it on easy and disable auto-aim.
wolfing is offline

wolfing

wolfing's Avatar
Dalek SasqWatch

#11452

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tardis
Posts: 5,645
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

Default 

October 27th, 2018, 14:37
Originally Posted by wolfing View Post
RDR1 has auto-aim as default, I don't think I could have finished the game if I had disabled that. Don't know if that's also on by default on RDR2, if it is, play it that way, either that or if there's a difficulty level play it on easy and disable auto-aim.
Same reason I couldn't finish RDR1, as I refuse to use auto-aim. Yeah, it's on by default in RDR2 also. But again, I just can't play with it on. It feels so dirty and just soils my experience.

And again, I reached a fight in RDR2 which I can't finish without auto-aim. So I'm just gonna stop playing. I just can't bear to play it with it on. And it's absolutely infuriating to play with it off. The thumb-sticks are truly the work of the devil when it comes to precision.

I haven't seen any difficulty sliders, but even if there were it just makes the whole firefight experience worthless. Even on the current difficulty (if there are multiple and I just can't find it) I pretty much run around and get shot at constantly, and I take a long time to die. So I'm running around trying to fight the controls, while hoards of enemies shoot at me, and I take a long time to die. It just ruins the whole experience. A firefight should be resolved quickly. Not 5 mins of missing shots, while I gradually lose health.

It's a real shame the people have accepted the controller for shooting mechanics. This should never have happened imo. But I guess it's what happens when you have no perspective. Here's hoping it'll come out on PC. It's gonna be a fun ride if it does.
danutz_plusplus is offline

danutz_plusplus

danutz_plusplus's Avatar
SasqWatch

#11453

Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,006
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

Default 

October 27th, 2018, 15:17
It does me a world of good to read these reports on the newest Red Dead Redemption, and only makes me more happy that I didn't pull the trigger on dumbing down and buying a console for this game. Like others, I'll simply wait and see if it appears for the computers.
Carnifex is offline

Carnifex

SasqWatch

#11454

Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Ormond Beach, FL.
Posts: 10,076
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)

Default 

October 27th, 2018, 15:25
Originally Posted by Carnifex View Post
It does me a world of good to read these reports on the newest Red Dead Redemption, and only makes me more happy that I didn't pull the trigger on dumbing down and buying a console for this game. Like others, I'll simply wait and see if it appears for the computers.
You don't buy a console for RDR. You buy it for The Last of Us, Bloodborne and God of War
danutz_plusplus is offline

danutz_plusplus

danutz_plusplus's Avatar
SasqWatch

#11455

Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,006
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

Default 

October 27th, 2018, 15:51
No. If you're buying playstation for something, that's HZD. Everything else is, at least what I've seen, pointless grind.
Okay maybe that new Spiderman game is also worth it, but that depends if you're into spiderman.
--
Toka Koka
joxer is offline

joxer

joxer's Avatar
The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

#11456

Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 21,339
Mentioned: 148 Post(s)

Default 

October 27th, 2018, 17:51
Originally Posted by joxer View Post
No. If you're buying playstation for something, that's HZD. Everything else is, at least what I've seen, pointless grind.
Okay maybe that new Spiderman game is also worth it, but that depends if you're into spiderman.
I found HZD very boring. It doesn't hold a light to Last of Us or Bloodborne.
danutz_plusplus is offline

danutz_plusplus

danutz_plusplus's Avatar
SasqWatch

#11457

Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,006
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

Default 

October 27th, 2018, 18:51
I guess it depends what you expect from a game.
Me? I can't care less about dark&gritty Dark Souls clone for example.
--
Toka Koka
joxer is offline

joxer

joxer's Avatar
The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

#11458

Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 21,339
Mentioned: 148 Post(s)

Default 

October 27th, 2018, 21:26
The Disgaea games appeal more to me than any of those listed, fortunately I can get a few of the for the computer. They must look pretty splendid on a bigger screen though. I've heard good things about the Last of Us, maybe that will pop up for us computer users at some point.
Carnifex is offline

Carnifex

SasqWatch

#11459

Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Ormond Beach, FL.
Posts: 10,076
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)

Default 

October 27th, 2018, 21:54
Originally Posted by Carnifex View Post
The Disgaea games appeal more to me than any of those listed, fortunately I can get a few of the for the computer. They must look pretty splendid on a bigger screen though. I've heard good things about the Last of Us, maybe that will pop up for us computer users at some point.
There is 0% chance Last of Us will ever show up on anything but PS. The IP is developed by a Sony owned studio. Same for God of War. Bloodborne IP is also owned by Sony.

Right now the PS4 is an amazingly strong console to own because of all the exclusives. I'm not happy to have to own it to play the exclusives, but it really is worth it once you get over the initial cost. Only bad thing imo is controllers, for games that require precision. It's a pain in the ass.
danutz_plusplus is offline

danutz_plusplus

danutz_plusplus's Avatar
SasqWatch

#11460

Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,006
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » What games are you playing now?
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:03.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by DragonByte Security (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright by RPGWatch