Metro: Exodus Release Date

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Last edited:
This was brought up in another thread.
STOP THE PRESSES!

Metro Exodus will only release on the Epic Store, but Steam preorders will be honoured.

Steam noticed on game's store page:

Notice: Later today, sales of Metro Exodus will be discontinued on Steam due to a publisher decision to make the game exclusive to another PC store.

The developer and publisher have assured us that all prior sales of the game on Steam will be fulfilled on Steam, and Steam owners will be able to access the game and any future updates or DLC through Steam.

We think the decision to remove the game is unfair to Steam customers, especially after a long pre-sale period. We apologize to Steam customers that were expecting it to be available for sale through the February 15th release date, but we were only recently informed of the decision and given limited time to let everyone know.

Dang, I was not counting on this :(

Oh…well, it will have a high price on release anyways. So I will just wait half a year till it's 50% the price and is also released on steam again. :p

And thanks @henriquejr;

I agree with Kordanor, while I'm interested in this game, I will be in no rush to play it immediately, and will wait till it hits a reasonable price.

Yes, 60 dollars is a steep price.

You can get it slightly cheaper at cdkeys.com. I just preordered it.

Thats an unauthorized reseller though...and it will be very interesting to see what they will do once they realize they pulled the plug for steam. ^^

Thats an unauthorized reseller though…and it will be very interesting to see what they will do once they realize they pulled the plug for steam. ^^

You don't need to spam the same thing every time someone mentions that site. :)

I've made multiple purchases over time and never had an issue with them. As far as Metro Exodus is concerned, I assume they have a limited supply of Steam keys that will probably sell out quickly.

You don't need to spam the same thing every time someone mentions that site. :).

If the site is mentioned without at least a notification, and people are not made aware of that fact, I will continue to do so. :p

I am just countering the free advertisement they get. :p

You can get it slightly cheaper at cdkeys.com. I just preordered it.

JDR13,

Thank you for the hint, but since I've run into issues with CDKeys.com before (I even posted about this here), I won't buy from them again. Not because they're not legit or authorized, I am not judging them here, but because buying from them turned out to be much of a hassle. If you care to read my post (linked above), you'll probably understand why.

JDR13,

Thank you for the hint, but since I've run into issues with CDKeys.com before (I even posted about this here), I won't buy from them again. Not because they're not legit or authorized, I am not judging them here, but because buying from them turned out to be much of a hassle. If you care to read my post (linked above), you'll probably understand why.

Yeah, I would be hesitant after that. I think your situation has more to do with your region than anything else though.

Personally never had a problem with key resellers. Yes some sites can be shady, but it's up to you whether the discount compared to everywhere else is worth it.:)

What a shitty move, this is not competition anymore, exclusivity is a cancer. Ill gladly play the free edition, fuck them. They chose the money, ill choose to save my money. Valve needs to update their tos or whatever to stop these dick moves.

Their Terms of Service!? What are you even trying to say, @porcozaur;!?

Something like that, to stop these moves; once they start pricing it on steam, it cant be taken off, or stuff like this, i'm no manager.

Back
Top Bottom