Aquariums - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » Aquariums

Default Aquariums

September 5th, 2019, 15:43
These are two of my three aquariums (they are 29 gallons and the third tank is 120 gallon). The white one has a pair of rams, some kuhli loaches and a couple of snails. The black one has an emperor pleco (very handsome small pleco) and 4 guppies.
-
My hope is the rams will breed and well it is hard to keep guppies from breeding if you have both sexes.
-
The sponge filter (the thing with bubbles in the black tank on the right side will be removed in a week. The tank is new and I didn't want the fishes to suffer from poisoning - esp given that the Emperor pleco can be difficult to replace.
--
The white tank has been setup for a while now and while the plants are live and always in an evolving state we hope this is more or less the character it will sustain. The black one is a bit new so it is not clear how it will develop over-time.
---
I'm sure other folks have aquarium (everyone really should have one) so feel free to post images.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (111.0 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (288.4 KB, 66 views)
Last edited by you; September 5th, 2019 at 17:57.

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)

September 5th, 2019, 17:49
This is the dawning of the thread of Aquariums, the thread of aquariummssss! Aquariumms, Aquariumms
--
c-computer, r-role, p-playing, g-game, nut-extreme fan
=crpgnut or just
'nut @crpgnut

crpgnut

Grumpy Role Player
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)

September 6th, 2019, 00:00
So, there should be Harmony and Understanding!!
--
If God said it, then that settles it!!

Editor@RPGWatch

Corwin

On The Razorblade of Life
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)

September 6th, 2019, 01:22
We have two small tanks but the smaller one is empty at the moment after a sad incident….

When we got home after work one day, we found that our little Fighting fish, Tiny, jumped out of the aquarium and died…. We have no idea why and how - there's only tiny gap and there was no issues with water parameter. Very sad… this one was a baby fish we rescued from the pet shop - it was suffocating from terrible water condition. When we brought this little one home he was in very bad shape - he was so pale, his back was bent, and so malnourished its head was bigger than the body. A year later, he turned into a beautiful blue coloured fish, his back no longer bent and swimming around strong. We miss this one a lot.

The larger one only have 1 shrimp at the moment since 2 other shrimps and another Fighting fish (named Baron Bon Teapot, lol) have passed away of old age (yes, we love fighting fish!)

I will post the photos later along with our first Fighter (named Swirly) who passed away few years ago (also of old age - he was with us for 4 years).
--
Favourite RPGs: Baldur's Gate II, NWN: The Aielund Saga, Pathfinder: Kingmaker, Icewind Dale I, Stardew Valley

purpleblob

Princess

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
+1:

September 6th, 2019, 10:55
I presume 'fighter' fish is beta; when i was 10 or 12 we had a small beta in an aquarium that also had other fishes. It was a long time ago but I remember after 3 or 4 days it (like yours) jumped out of a narrow crack in the back - the only thing i remember was that it was blue and extremely nice looking. I had been warned that we could only get one (we were going to buy 2) but they did not warn me it would jump out - in our case there was a window behind the tank and I think i read that the light help encouraged it to jump - but in general there are certain breeds that will jump if they can - loaches are another such fish to be careful with - an acquaintance told me his 13 year old clown loach jumped out (these fishes live 30+ years - the ones you buy in the petshops - are normally less than a year old and it is not legal to farm full grown samples from their native habitat - it takes a while to raise a fish to 13 years - 13 years to be exact so it is a bit pia when it jumps out and you have to wait 13 more years to raise a new one to 13).

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

+1:

September 6th, 2019, 12:31
Yes, Fighting fish = betta.

Here are pictures of our Fighting fishes

First picture is Swirly, our first fighter - he used to live in a tank with silk plant but we soon gave him a home with real plants.

The second is Baron Von Teapot, a beautiful blue-red fighter.

And the last two are of Tiny - one of when he first came home and the other about a year later.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190906_202028.jpg (90.6 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg 20190906_202410.jpg (134.2 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg 20190906_202546.jpg (61.6 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg 20190906_202524.jpg (147.0 KB, 6 views)
--
Favourite RPGs: Baldur's Gate II, NWN: The Aielund Saga, Pathfinder: Kingmaker, Icewind Dale I, Stardew Valley

purpleblob

Princess

+1:

September 6th, 2019, 16:24
So tiny was clear and then turned blue - did you know his final colour before he turned ? Very nice fishes esp Teapot. Have you tried putting a female in with the males ?
Last edited by you; September 6th, 2019 at 18:45.

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

September 6th, 2019, 18:45
Originally Posted by you View Post
Have you tried putting a female in with the males ?
That should get a scrap going.
--
"Where can the horizon lie, when a nation hides its organic minds in a cellar, dark and grim? They must be very dim." David Bowie, All the Madmen (1970)

Ripper

Ngikufisela iwela

Mentioned: 67 Post(s)

September 6th, 2019, 21:15
If you time it right you get little beta.

Originally Posted by Ripper View Post
That should get a scrap going.

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

+1:

September 7th, 2019, 00:34
Originally Posted by you View Post
So tiny was clear and then turned blue - did you know his final colour before he turned ? Very nice fishes esp Teapot. Have you tried putting a female in with the males ?
Tiny was only clear because he was so unwell. Over time, he slowly gained colour as he got better. So he went from clear to light blue, then blue then dark blue later.

No females, we only kept 1 fighter per aquarium - I heard they can still fight and kill each other.
--

purpleblob

Princess

October 23rd, 2019, 08:36
The blue and red one is so beautiful.

DarknessAmbassad

Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

October 23rd, 2019, 20:55
Here is a minor update (the black tank from above and a new tank i setup last week for lost souls). No update on the ram tank since it hasn't changed a lot - i get ram eggs but they are a bit confused right now and so i'm not getting baby rams. However, I have lots of baby swords in the black tank with lots of baby guppies. Anyone want a baby ?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (234.9 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (180.3 KB, 4 views)

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

+1:
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » Aquariums