What games are you playing now? - Page 618 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » What games are you playing now?

Default What games are you playing now?

October 14th, 2019, 18:18
I'm playing Horizon Zero Dawn. It's pretty cool game with an awesome heroine.
--
The delightful and ever novel pleasure of a useless occupation.

Winterfart

Passenger

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

October 14th, 2019, 20:17
Sadly it is not a pc game; so it isn't a real game.

Originally Posted by Winterfart View Post

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)

October 14th, 2019, 21:38
Sometimes I wish we had buttons like the Codex so I could label the truly retarded statements.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)

October 14th, 2019, 21:44
Originally Posted by you View Post
Well the fun I have with it is pretty real.
--

Winterfart

Passenger

October 15th, 2019, 07:41
Sometime I wish assholes didn't exist….

Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
Sometimes I wish we had buttons like the Codex so I could label the truly retarded statements.

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

October 15th, 2019, 08:09
Sometime I wish assholes didn't exist….
You shouldn't say things like that. I'm sure there has to be someone out there who would miss you.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

October 15th, 2019, 08:19
But no one would miss you….

You shouldn't say things like that. I'm sure there has to be someone out there who would miss you.

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

October 15th, 2019, 08:28
But no one would miss you….

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

October 15th, 2019, 19:00
Its one of the best game ever. Its like meal you had before but cooked by a michelin star chef. Its borrows good elements from other games and put them in nice package and present them well. And more importantly it does not over stay its welcome as well,

lostforever

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

October 15th, 2019, 19:03
I just don't understand this attitude…

I like to play games and I don't care about the platform as they all have their ups and downs.

lostforever

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor

October 15th, 2019, 19:23
RPGwatch is focusing on PC games though. I never owned a console, probably never will own one, and therefore games on consoles could as well be non-existent.

To me it would be more productive if you mentioned board games, as there is a slight chance I might look into them.
--
Doing >Let's Plays< and >Reviews< in German. Latest Review: Pathway
Mostly playing Indie titles, including Strategy, Tactics and Roleplaying-Games.
And here is a list of all games I ever played.

Kordanor

Wastelander
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
+1:

October 15th, 2019, 19:43
Originally Posted by lostforever View Post
Its one of the best game ever. Its like meal you had before but cooked by a michelin star chef.
It's also the most beautiful game ever. I spend my game time in complete wonder at the scenery.
I also didn't expected such a well crafted lore and gameworld. Awesome work there.
Originally Posted by lostforever View Post
Its borrows good elements from other games and put them in nice package and present them well. And more importantly it does not over stay its welcome as well,
Yep, I'm generally not a fan of the "UBIsoft open world formula" and its gameplay loop, but this game make a good use of it.

Aaaaand I'm becoming a girl: first thing I did when arriving to the big civilized city was to envy the noblewomen wearing colorfull silk dresses, then to sell my rough tribal outfit for a nice silky one.
Total immersion.
--

Winterfart

Passenger

October 15th, 2019, 20:59
Started playing Disco Elysium, and man, it's heavy. Especially on the dialogue/reading. I'm sure there's more reading in this one than Planescape Torment or Torment: Tides of Numenera, if the average full playthrough is estimated at 45+ hours.

But it's good writing, very captivating. I love the talking to your skills, which is basically their way of implementing self-reflection for your character. You constantly reflect on things you see, do, whatever. Talking to other characters is also wacky as hell sometimes. I'm just shocked at where certain conversations head off to. They really go off the deep-end sometimes. It's very impressive.

And if they've truly implemented variations and different ways of handling quests based on your stats/skills, it's gonna be super impressive. I forsee a whole lot of replayability to get through most permutations.

Anyways, highly recommended. I love that it's getting positive reviews across the board. They really do deserve all the success in the world.

danutz_plusplus

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

October 15th, 2019, 21:57
Originally Posted by Kordanor View Post
RPGwatch is focusing on PC games though. I never owned a console, probably never will own one, and therefore games on consoles could as well be non-existent.

To me it would be more productive if you mentioned board games, as there is a slight chance I might look into them.
Is there a point there? Or are you just trying to justify a dumb comment for some reason?

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

October 15th, 2019, 22:43
Originally Posted by danutz_plusplus View Post
Started playing Disco Elysium, and man, it's heavy. Especially on the dialogue/reading. I'm sure there's more reading in this one than Planescape Torment or Torment: Tides of Numenera, if the average full playthrough is estimated at 45+ hours.
Thanks for the warning. I really hate dialog heavy games.
--
c-computer, r-role, p-playing, g-game, nut-extreme fan
=crpgnut or just
'nut @crpgnut

crpgnut

Grumpy Role Player
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)

October 16th, 2019, 02:26
I'm chugging along in Queen's Wish, I've exposed most of the map and have played several factions against one another, shortly I think I'll have to make a decision on which factions I will back fully. I've had some minor annoyances with the game, most notably how extra opponents can just spawn right in your face at times, but it's a small issue compared to the huge reward in the exploration and quest factors.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)

October 16th, 2019, 11:44
Is there a point there?
To all of us who don't care about mushrooms there is a point. But IIRC you still have a box in the cellar full of working Nintendo Gameboys so… It's like herbicide differences statement read by someone who's not into agriculture.

Walls and walls of text, did dartagnan work on this one?
To be honest, I got to the end of the first ingame day and so far not a single dialogue I had was boring. There were a few annoying ones though, I was like gimme a break it's nice lorewise, but I'm in a hurry due to timers and more you're chattying time passes faster.

Talking to other characters is also wacky as hell sometimes. I'm just shocked at where certain conversations head off to. They really go off the deep-end sometimes. It's very impressive.
Wouldn't judge the depth yet - I'm early in the game. Wacky, humorous, bizzare and surreal - that's how I'd describe my first ingame day.

And if they've truly implemented variations and different ways of handling quests based on your stats/skills, it's gonna be super impressive. I forsee a whole lot of replayability to get through most permutations.
You can see it at work already: the bullet. If you didn't pass the skillcheck and dumped the body, the story won't go the way as if you did.
Speaking of that, skillchecks are dicerolls and game can save anywhere which means one might go savescumming even in cases the chance to succeed is as low as 3%. However, I have to suggest not doing it - failing a skillcheck can lead to hilarious outcomes and in some cases even sidequests.

Anyways, highly recommended. I love that it's getting positive reviews across the board. They really do deserve all the success in the world.
Again, I'll be careful and say it's too early to be sure.
But the first ingame day, regardless where you'll go and who do you talk to, what you'll interact with (you can't do everything possible because a timer, but you can choose where to go and what to do first), I promise fun.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 149 Post(s)

October 16th, 2019, 13:02
Yep, I'm generally not a fan of the "UBIsoft open world formula" and its gameplay loop, but this game make a good use of it.
This is an excellent point. There is nothing inherently wrong with the "UBIsoft open world formula" provided its given to you in the correct dosage.

After about good 70 or 80 hours most people are bored of Ubisoft's formula yet Ubisoft's own games are made artificially long (100 to 300 hours), which their own formula and game play loop cannot sustain. They do this because they are trying to sell you *micro transactions* (cosmetics, convenience items etc) in their store and they want you to play their game for long as possible.

This where Horizon Zero Dawn shine, they are not trying to sell you any micro transactions (there just once DLC) so the game can be finished in 30 to 60 top even if you did everything in that game. By the time the game play loop becomes boring, you have finished the game on high!

lostforever

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor

October 16th, 2019, 13:16
yeah, good dosage. You were on point by using a cuisine metaphore earlier

By the way, is the DLC good?
I would have to connect my PS4 to the Shitty Sony's Internet (tm) to buy it, it's not that complicated, but I'm really lazy…
--

Winterfart

Passenger

October 16th, 2019, 15:41
yeah, good dosage. You were on point by using a cuisine metaphore earlier

By the way, is the DLC good?
I would have to connect my PS4 to the Shitty Sony's Internet (tm) to buy it, it's not that complicated, but I'm really lazy…
Its good but not good as the main game mostly because it full of snow and I hate that!

lostforever

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor

RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » What games are you playing now?