VtM: Bloodlines 2 - Delayed to later in 2020 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » VtM: Bloodlines 2 - Delayed to later in 2020

Default VtM: Bloodlines 2 - Delayed to later in 2020

October 17th, 2019, 02:59
Hardsuit Labs has announced that Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 will release later in 2020 than Q1.

To all fans of Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2

For the last three and a half years, we've worked hard to bring you a worthy successor to Bloodlines 1. To us, that meant not only making good on the ambitions of this remarkable game, but also a duty to ensure we would not repeat its mistakes. Today, we have to tell you that we need some more time to get you the game you've been waiting for. Although Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 will still launch in 2020, we have decided to value quality over making the Q1 launch window.

There are some things we wanted to hit under all circumstances when we set out to follow in Bloodlines' footsteps: A deep, branching storyline; fascinating and amazingly acted characters; the rich universe of the World of Darkness. We firmly believe that we're on the right track to get you all of this.

On the flip side, there's the responsibility to avoid some of the issues that plagued the first game, which was famously launched too early. Over the last few months, it became clear that to stick to our original date would risk repeating that mistake. We won't do that. In the end, everyone working on this game wants to offer you the best Bloodlines 2 we can.

This hasn't been an easy- nor our first choice. Throughout 2019 we have been improving our processes and growing our teams, however it soon became clear that this alone won't allow us to deliver the quality we want at the date we promised.

Your feedback was invaluable in this. It helped us give the proper weight to what we saw, as well. We'd like to thank you, and hope you'll support us in the decision that came from it.

Many of us from Hardsuit Labs will be in Berlin for PDXCON. For those of you going, we look forward to seeing you there! We will be sharing insights into the development of Bloodlines 2 along with other steps we've taken to strengthen our development team to realize our ambitions for Bloodlines 2.

For those of you who won't be there, we will be sharing more about this during the PDXCON Announcement stream on Saturday the 19th. We are also opening up a Reddit thread to answer any of your questions in the Bloodlines stream on the following Sunday.

Thanks,

Andy Kipling and Brian Mitsoda, on behalf of the team at Hardsuit Labs

We want to hear from you! Join the discussion on our Discord channel or Reddit to ask your questions. We will compile them to be answered on October 20th during our special Dev Q&A stream live from PDXCON.

Tune in to Paradox Interactive Twitch or Mixer channels this Sunday at 4pm CET to watch our dev team answer your most burning questions
More information.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)

October 17th, 2019, 05:32
<shrug> Oh well. No skin off my nose. It might put the game in competition with Cyberpunk, though.
--
The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views….
-- Doctor Who in "Face of Evil"

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

October 17th, 2019, 06:13
Originally Posted by Zloth View Post
<shrug> Oh well. No skin off my nose. It might put the game in competition with Cyberpunk, though.
Actually I think it will put it safely out of competition with Cyberpunk. The original date was Q1 but I saw many places saying March 2020. With Cyberpunk coming in April many people may have held off picking the game up with the juggernaut that is Cyberpunk coming 3 or 4 weeks later or they might have picked up The Final Fantasy VII remake coming out March 3rd. They are now saying just 2020 so they have more time to work on the game, I'm happy about this, and release it when there aren't other strong RPG's being released around the same time. I'm guessing they'll release the game around this time next year.

Gabriel

Watchdog
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

October 17th, 2019, 07:37
Good. The preview build looked and played horrble

yemeth

Watchdog

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

October 17th, 2019, 08:47
No surprise here. I always thought Q1 seemed optimistic.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)

October 17th, 2019, 10:10
And nothing of value was (lost) delayed.

DarkOzric

Cosmic Wanderer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

October 17th, 2019, 11:57
Lest we forget the state original Bloodlines launched in with a game breaking bug.

Rahdulan

Watcher

October 17th, 2019, 16:28
A delay of this size is likely a benefit to us all, take your time developers and get it right, we'll be there at the end of the race with wallets in hand!

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)

October 18th, 2019, 02:21
Yeah, time invested to improve the quality of the experience is time well spent. Found a comic that has an interesting feel.

https://comicpunch.net/reader/Dark-R…019)-Chapter-1

mat9813004

Watcher

October 18th, 2019, 18:52
The original Bloodlines basically failed because it was launched too early. Smart move from the devs. I really want this game to succeed so we can have a Bloodlines 3 at some point or maybe even a Vampire: Age of Darkness game (though I know the setting has been discontinued by the company that owns the IP).

GabrielMP_19

Vault Survivor

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » VtM: Bloodlines 2 - Delayed to later in 2020