What (hd) remaster/remake would you want most?

Time to make a list:

rpgs
-Betrayal at Krondor - graphics certainly need an update.
-Gold Box games definitely
-Eye of Beholder games I would want expanded upon rather than just remade
-The first two Gothics could stand to be remade and/or remastered. I would worry that whoever is doing it will stuff it up somehow through.
-The Ravenloft games would work alot better with modern UI and graphics.
-Dark Sun games deserve to be remade and expanded upon.

non-rpgs
Twisted Metal would be nice remade. Black and White 1 & 2 as well. Dungeon Keeper anyone?

Arcanum: add a simple Win10 compatibility patch, so I can play this game without serious mouse pointer / video issues (maybe this new patch does exactly this? Haven't tried out yet)

The new patch supposedly has some compatibility fixes for Win10. I'm not saying they'll resolve everything, but it's worth a shot.

My vote goes to:

Jagged Alliance 1 - Jagged Alliance 2 is still ok to play with patches, but JA1 kinda hurts. Also the recording quality of the voices is a bit sub-par
Dark Sun - Because it's the better Baldur's Gate :p - On a more serious note, I prefer the unique Setting, and the turn based combat over any newer Isometric D&D based games.

I would want to see a fallout 1 and 2 remaster or remake.

I loved those games when they came out but tried playing again recently and I just couldn't get past all the jerky menus and clicking everywhere to do things.

Even a hotkey bar would be a small nice addition to make the games more pleasurable but I would want to see everything updated.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Quest for Glory 1-5
Deus Ex, Deus Ex Invisible War
Arcanum
KOTOR 1 and 2expanded
Ultima 6 in Ultima 7
Morrowind fixing improving, and improving World interactivity and quests/ Solutions
Birthright Gorgon's Alliance.
the Magic Candles
Dark Sun 1 and 2
Albion
Betrayal at Krondor
Darklands
Megatraveller 1 and 2 improving World interactivity and quests/ Solutions
Buck Rogers gold box games improving World interactivity and quests/ Solutions
Another War 1 and Weird Wars 2 localized and combat fixed additional content
Tomb of Fuolos fixed
Paradise cracked fix of that movement is real-time only combat is turn-based
Worlds of Ultima Martian dreams
Lord of the Rings 1 and 2 by interplay

Last edited:
Darklands is badly in need of remaster. Not just a remaster but a proper remake integrating all of Hendrick's ideas and making the game (esp. combat) actually playable.

Apologies for the necro... (hopefully that's not a problem)

I personally would love to see PC games that had terrible ports back in the day get a major overhaul. I'm talking about ones that got CGA graphics while the Amiga one actually looked decent.

Wizard's Crown I'd love to see remade. Mainly cuz I never played the original and this style of RPG is under-represented (I do recall Natuk being similar, but that game is pretty old now too).

The Phantasie series. #1 on the PC was in CGA *barf*, 2 was never ported, and 4 wasn't even released in North America. I still find the gameplay in these games fun, so it would be neat to have a version with decent graphics (at least on par with the Amiga, but being completely redone to modern standards would be ok too) and the mechanics of at least #3 (can't say #4 cuz I never played it).

Might and Magic 1-2. I'm omitting the rest of the series cuz they're fine to me (well, a remake of MM9 where they actually finish the game would be nice, but that's another topic). I never played #1 and by the time I was able to, it was just too obsolete. Might and Magic 2 I could probably play now - probably because I spent tons of hours on it when I was younger. Main reason I'd like to see a remake of this one is because the Amiga graphics are way better than the PC version. Plus there's discrepancies with the mechanics too (this problem supposedly exists with different ports of Wizard's Crown and Phantasie too). So if these 2 game were spruced up to the level of those Bard's Tale Trilogy remasters, I'd be happy with that.

Speaking of which, Dragon Wars! Again, the Amiga had much better graphics than the PC version. I would've loved to see the team that remastered Bard's Tale do this game too because its actually pretty good.

Legend of Faerghail and Fate: Gates of Dawn I'd love to see remastered versions too.

Props to the guy who's doing the Ambermoon port (nice to actually be able to play that now). Not exactly HD or a remake though. How can you tell that I never had an Amiga when I was younger, but really wanted one? :LOL:

Indiana Jones And The Fate Of Atlantis

I personally would love to see PC games that had terrible ports back in the day get a major overhaul. I'm talking about ones that got CGA graphics while the Amiga one actually looked decent.

Wizard's Crown I'd love to see remade. Mainly cuz I never played the original and this style of RPG is under-represented (I do recall Natuk being similar, but that game is pretty old now too).

The Phantasie series. #1 on the PC was in CGA *barf*, 2 was never ported, and 4 wasn't even released in North America. I still find the gameplay in these games fun, so it would be neat to have a version with decent graphics (at least on par with the Amiga, but being completely redone to modern standards would be ok too) and the mechanics of at least #3 (can't say #4 cuz I never played it).

Might and Magic 1-2. I'm omitting the rest of the series cuz they're fine to me (well, a remake of MM9 where they actually finish the game would be nice, but that's another topic). I never played #1 and by the time I was able to, it was just too obsolete. Might and Magic 2 I could probably play now - probably because I spent tons of hours on it when I was younger. Main reason I'd like to see a remake of this one is because the Amiga graphics are way better than the PC version. Plus there's discrepancies with the mechanics too (this problem supposedly exists with different ports of Wizard's Crown and Phantasie too). So if these 2 game were spruced up to the level of those Bard's Tale Trilogy remasters, I'd be happy with that.

Speaking of which, Dragon Wars! Again, the Amiga had much better graphics than the PC version. I would've loved to see the team that remastered Bard's Tale do this game too because its actually pretty good.

Legend of Faerghail and Fate: Gates of Dawn I'd love to see remastered versions too.

Props to the guy who's doing the Ambermoon port (nice to actually be able to play that now). Not exactly HD or a remake though. How can you tell that I never had an Amiga when I was younger, but really wanted one? :LOL:
I loved Dragon Wars! I played it on the Commodore 64.

I don't really care about remasters because I think of them as low effort reissues, but if we're talking about old RPGs that it would be a kick to see again, Darklands and Alternate Reality: The Dungeon are two of my other favorites.

Btw, I did play Wizard's Crown (again on the 64) and it's short and boring. The only appeal of it was that it was more of a wargame, with more meticulous options for combat than usual, but we get that sort of thing these days all the time with games like Knights of the Chalice and Solasta.

I don't really care about remasters because I think of them as low effort reissues, but if we're talking about old RPGs that it would be a kick to see again, Darklands and Alternate Reality: The Dungeon are two of my other favorites.
If the Alternate Reality series comes back, they had damn well better have the lyrics to their songs on the screen so I can sing along still!

No pobm, ggghhh, fine, gggghhh, brains, fffhhh, ....

What? Brains... where am i? Brains... what's that coffin? Remakes? So instead of remaking the old thread, you just used it, and you can't do the same for old games? Gee.

There's perhaps a few amazing remake that's been done, but for old games I see too many designs becoming weird in a modern context.

Only remakes I would be interested: Add a good mouse UI design to all those boredom keyboard intensive old games.

Brains, ggghhh, fine, gggghhh, brains, fffhhh, .... no fun? Ok I leave and go back in my coffin.

Back
Top Bottom