Project Resurgence - Kickstarter Debut

Welcome to RPGWatch. Its good that you are open towards fans so I will ask something:

- Are you going to keep that novel approach to dialogues? My initial impression is that there may be too much description text. Now it seems ok, but in the whole game.. I would advice to tone it down a little. We see the characters in game. We dont need to read every nod or gesture that doesnt add anything.
- Could you briefly describe non-combat activities and skills (aside from dialogues)? For example alchemy? Crafting and survival skills? Identifying of magical items? Stealth? Some puzzles?

Good luck with the campaign!

Thank you for the support! To answer your questions:

​Novel-like Dialog - Yes, that is staying. We might tone down the descriptions though, if it’s too much. Concise language is key to good descriptions. We won’t be animating the characters in dialog though, so all those gestures and minor things will need to be conveyed through text.

​Non-combat Activities​ - We’ll cover this more in an update. But it will be things to bypass locks, steal, manipulate traps, identify items, repair equipment, barter, gamble, plus all the conversation stuff. There will definitely be puzzles. Crafting is on the stretch goal list.

Please let me know if there are any other questions you need answered :p

I for one love that you are doing things on the heavier side when it comes to text. Well written text gives more immersion than anything else for me.

Any chance you could venture an educated guess on how long it would take to make another episode after the first one is completed?

I for one love that you are doing things on the heavier side when it comes to text. Well written text gives more immersion than anything else for me.

Any chance you could venture an educated guess on how long it would take to make another episode after the first one is completed?

Since we will have all our ground work after the first game we have a rough guess of 6 months to a year!

That's a long timespan. Too long for a player who will forget what he did last.

And I doubt you will want to replay Episode 1 when 2 releases, replay E1 and E2 when 3 releases and so on.

That's a long timespan. Too long for a player who will forget what he did last.

And I doubt you will want to replay Episode 1 when 2 releases, replay E1 and E2 when 3 releases and so on.

I'm sorry you feel that way but in order to make a quality product time is needed. Remember that each episode is more like a sequel with its own beginning, climax, and ending. In order to make a full game with an enriching and fulfilling plot we have anticipated the time frame I posted. Thank you for your input and feedback!

Don't like the episodic model but backed anyway.

Good luck!

​Novel-like Dialog - Yes, that is staying. We might tone down the descriptions though, if it’s too much. Concise language is key to good descriptions. We won’t be animating the characters in dialog though, so all those gestures and minor things will need to be conveyed through text.

Yes, I think it could be good to tone descs down a little (not much, just a little). I know there are not animations, but we see characters and we can imagine a lot. When you read these comments about nods and gestures in every average dialogue you wont pay attention to them where they mean something and should add flavor to some special NPCs.

​Non-combat Activities​ - We’ll cover this more in an update. But it will be things to bypass locks, steal, manipulate traps, identify items, repair equipment, barter, gamble, plus all the conversation stuff. There will definitely be puzzles. Crafting is on the stretch goal list.

Sounds good. Puzzles sound especially good. :) But I hope there will be enough room for such things and skills. Game time is not very long for one episode…

Back
Top Bottom