Maneater - Shark Action RPG

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Maneater released a trailer at E3 and has a Steam page with no release date as yet.

About This Game

Maneater is a Single-Player Action RPG, set in the unforgiving waters of the Gulf Coast. Fight to survive in the open ocean, with danger lurking at every depth. Your only tools are your wits, your jaws, and an uncanny ability to evolve as you feed. Anything and everything is on the menu... kill or be killed.

Become a MANEATER

Play as a giant Bull Shark and terrorize the coastal waterways. Tear swimmers and divers limb from limb, give the humans a reason to fear you.

Explore a massive open world

Immerse yourself in a living, breathing world full of threats, and rewards. Explore sunken wrecks, lurk in swamps, or just cruise the open ocean looking for whales to feed on.

Deep Stats and Role Playing

Role-play and customize your shark with a variety of stat driven systems. Evolve different parts of your body to improve how they function, or pump up your ferocity to enter brief feeding frenzies.

Experienced Team

From the minds behind Depth and Killing Floor, our goal as an early access game is to push the feeling of playing as a shark to new heights, developing a strictly single-player experience that will challenge and engage the player from start to finish. Gritty, visceral, heart-pounding action games are our calling.
More information.

I don't like sharks. One of them did the Jaws thing and swam round and round our fishing boat with his fin out of the water. Creeped me out. Also, their eyes are like pieces of coal, and they bite you when you're swimming.

I've always felt that the Great White looks like a nazi.

pibbur who doesn't regard sharks as his racial enemy (that's spiders, and possibly sea gulls), but still won't buy this game, not matter how good it is (which it probably/hopefully is not).

Well, we're always asking for more original settings…!

Imho that's a genius idea.
I won't play it of course.

You play as a shark?? Not something that would intrigue me, but I do know some folks that might give it a go, and I'll give the designers credit for some unique thinking outside of the box, at least.

April 1st ... ?

I have to admit, "maneater" made me think this was going to be a dating sim, where you can only play as a female.

You play as a shark?? Not something that would intrigue me, but I do know some folks that might give it a go
Australians?
…and I'll give the designers credit for some unique thinking outside of the box, at least.

Agreed, As long as we don't get copycats making spider rpgs (not spiderweb rpgs, stupid!), snake rpgs, other-despicable-animals-rpgs.

But yes, a developer going out of the box is refreshing, but at the same time I am a bit skeptical about how much rpg you can get out of a shark on a vengeance cruise. Best wishes to the developers, though.

pibbur who thinks that this game won't contain loot boxes.

Last edited:
A shark RPG. Can't wait to get quests from other sharks!

Quest log:
  1. "Collect 10 turtle shells for Dead-Eye to help him build his underwater shelter."
  2. "A diseased human is contaminating the water near Black Bay with its poisoned blood - convince him to leave - if you do so without killing him you'll get a bonus to fin speed"

I can't see how the developers can make an interesting RPG out of this, but because the concept is so interesting to me, I'll keep an eye on it.

Seems like something that happens every day in Australia. Or you get attacked by pack of dingos. Beaten do death by kangaroo. Strangled by a python. Something like that.

Don't you worry about that, I bet this game will sell and the sequel will be openworld rpg where you're a giant spider chosen by spirits with kangaroo sidekick saving the world Australia!

Don't you worry about that, I bet this game will sell and the sequel will be openworld rpg where you're a giant spider chosen by spirits with kangaroo sidekick saving the world Australia!

Saving Australia from the humans?

pibbur who observes that while that probably is the ultimate goal for most of the 72 deadly species living down under, they haven't been very sucessful. And for once he'æs noit saddened by his observations.

Another one who didn't play Tomb Raider reboot for silly reasons.
You're staring at a nice butt half of the time! So get over nonsensical "omg I'm playing a woman tis horror!" and buy the bloody game. No, I dunno if there's some nude mod. Make it.

You're in luck. No mod needed as all the video shows the shark stark naked !

You're staring at a nice butt half of the time! So get over nonsensical "omg I'm playing a woman tis horror!" and buy the bloody game. No, I dunno if there's some nude mod. Make it.

playing games for sexual content has always seemed a bit desperate to me? i think computer games is one of the least sexy things in the world.. most of all because behind that "sexy" 3D model there was probably some middle aged fat perverted guy making his "dream girl". So basically you're just looking at some perverts sex dream and basically a part of.. him.. "Sexy" girls in animés feel the same, just some old guys perverted dream you're getting off to.. Yuck.

playing games for sexual content has always seemed a bit desperate to me? i think computer games is one of the least sexy things in the world.. most of all because behind that "sexy" 3D model there was probably some middle aged fat perverted guy making his "dream girl". So basically you're just looking at some perverts sex dream and basically a part of.. him.. "Sexy" girls in animés feel the same, just some old guys perverted dream you're getting off to.. Yuck.

Way to kill my Skyrim playthrough. :)

Back
Top Bottom