2012 NHL Playoffs

The 5-minute major might have been questionable, but NJ's penalty kill was horrible. I can't remember the last time I saw a team surrender 3 goals during a 5-minute PP. There's no excuse for that, especially during the playoffs.

I didn't actually see the hit, but I heard Scuderi was bleeding badly afterwards. The refs really don't have a choice but to call that.

The TV ratings were down a whopping 29% from last year's SC finals. I hope it's not the start of a trend.

2 teams that lack a national following, with players that casual fans don't recognize (outside of possibly Brodeur), playing at times that are bad for the local markets, on networks that aren't available on many basic cable packages? And how does that surprise you again?

The Scuderi thing wasn't quite Kozlov-on-Foote, but it was pretty rough.

IMO, had the Lakers continued to go, or even the Clippers, it would have had a spillover to the Kings. There was a lot of buzz about the Kings while they rotated the three teams and a Cold Play concert t the Staples center, but then interest dried up the second the two NBA teams folded.

No interest in NY for NJ until game 5 it seems. Funny how being a team with a tradition of greatness doesn't seem to affect any cultural interest. The teams is worth hundreds of millions of dollars and is considered one of the most valuable but doesn't create near the buzz the Rangers do. If the Islanders and their economy turned around I think there would be more interest there too compared to the Devils - not only because of their dynasty glory days but because Potvin sucks.

anyways, here's a breakdown of the numbers

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...st-tv-viewership-in-at-least-17-years/137658/

• Game 1, NBC, 2.90 million average viewers (vs. 4.56m for last year's game 1 on NBC)
  • Game 2, NBC, 2.94 million (vs. 3.57m last year on NBC)
  • Game 3, NBCSN, 1.74 million (vs. 2.76m last year on Versus)
  • Game 4, NBCSN, 2.07 million (vs. 2.71m last year on Versus)
  • Game 5, NBC, 3.33 million (vs. 4.32m last year on NBC)
  • Game 6, NBC, 4.93 million (vs. 5.48m last year on NBC)

The ratings were the third worst in 17 years, even after adjusting .4 points for Monday's game.

Back
Top Bottom