Fallout 3 - The Pitt - More Issues

Dhruin

SasqWatch
The Pitt seems to be having a hard time, with the Bethblog saying they are working on freezing issues some players have encountered:
Since The Pitt went back up on Xbox LIVE last Wednesday, we’ve received feedback that some folks were experiencing freezing issues while trying to access The Pitt. We’re working with Microsoft to get a version of The Pitt up that corrects the aforementioned freezing issue. Once the content is up and available, we’ll let you know.
We’d like to thank all our fans who generously and methodically reported what they were seeing on our official forums, via email and on this blog. This data was immensely helpful in tracking down these issues.
Thanks again to everyone for their support, patience and feedback.
More information.

It still cracks me up that the modding community was able to solve the "circle of death" bug on the PC before Bethesda even knew what exactly was wrong. This is probably, unfortunately, the first such fix for the 360 players.

Fortunately I haven't had any issues on mine ... once I got it running. GfWL has slipped in my opinion, and I didn't think that was possible.

We'll have to wait and see what's causing the game freezes on the 360, but it's most likely the same kind of problem many players experienced with the latest version of Grand Theft Auto.

There's probably (and by that I mean most likely) code embedded in certain parts used in some of the 360s that wasn't accounted for when the game was made. The likelihood of running into problems with that sort of thing is greater with a console simply because it's a cheaper product than the PC.

There are some people on game forums who clearly don't like that and have a very hard time tolerating discussion about it or even reference to it, so I won't go into it. But I get a feel-good about owning a PC whenever I hear about this kind of stuff happening.

Back
Top Bottom