Shadow of the Tomb Raider - More RPG Elements

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Wccftech reports that Shadow of the Tomb Raider will have more RPG elements.

Bisson also said that not only crafting and gathering resources, but also the RPG element as a whole will be considerably more pronounced in this third game.

I can say that what we call the secondary system – the survival system – everything that she’s doing in Rise of the Tomb Raider, like crafting, finding resources….We’re exploding that way more. The RPG element is way stronger because we want you to create the type of Lara you want to create.

It also showcases how she’s much more confident and in control now, so we’ve expanded that a lot more.

[...]
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

I can say that what we call the secondary system – the survival system – everything that she’s doing in Rise of the Tomb Raider, like crafting, finding resources….We’re exploding that way more. The RPG element is way stronger because we want you to create the type of Lara you want to create.

Um…what?

Reminds me of... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzkCmidjeHc

yh4Cuoz5GMqATzSC0CqQOLwDMRrkcFuPpuZ0dcANZHMJnm7PxYIvynIgQkx4TlRf.jpg

everything that she’s doing in Rise of the Tomb Raider, like crafting, finding resources….We’re exploding that way more.

Um…what?

I think its correct statement. They let RPG mechanics and good RPG design explode and then use the rest for their AAA action games. :shh: :biggrin:

Are there actually any games that don't claim to have some RPG elements?

Tetris?

And some kind of inventory management.

Idk… Tetris has C&C ;)

Many "rpgs" doesn't have much of that, apparently.

pibbur who imagines an rpg without rpg elements, and knows that many watchers will gently suggest FO4.

Action/adventure games have always had this. This more a "buzzword" these days.

Hey bobo! You been on sabbatical or something? Haven't seen you around for ages….

Whew, had a ton of work catching up with exams. Plus had to move into a new apartment with girlfriend ( luckily, I wasn't the one that had to load in the furniture ;) ).

Honestly, I've always been amazed at the sheer popularity of these titles. I slightly understood it when the original Play Station had so few offerings, but nowadays, I really don't get it. I played the first two back in the day and I'd consider them average games, and barely that.

Honestly, I've always been amazed at the sheer popularity of these titles. I slightly understood it when the original Play Station had so few offerings, but nowadays, I really don't get it. I played the first two back in the day and I'd consider them average games, and barely that.

Well, I used to say that girls play the games because there's a female protagonist, and boys play them for exactly the same reason. :)

pibbur who refuses to reveal how many of these games he has, and who hopes that his Steam profile is still private.

PS: There is of course that Indiana Jonesy setting, lost worlds, exotic ruins,. a hostile theropod or two …. DS.

The thing is you can't be staring at opponents in reboot.
Most of cutscenes focus your butt. It'll hide opponents.
Okay, Lara's butt.

So go, buy. Now please?

Back
Top Bottom