Kingmaker - Update 2.1.5c

You can just adjust the difficulty to ignore the kingdom management part if you want.

Yup, you can turn it off entirely. I liked the kingdom management as a part of the roleplaying experience. I agree, it could have been improved, though.

I discovered it wasn't necessary to return to the capital to manage the barony, you can do it from any owned part of the country, with the bottom right icon on the map.

You frequently had visitors though, or your advisors would want to talk to you and have you make a decision. These did require you to return home.

I also definitely enjoyed the kingdom layer and would not have liked the game as much without it. But I also agree that many parts of it could have been done better.

Well it's good that they are still supplying fixes, although it's way too late for me. I wonder if the more general fixes (such as classes & mechanics) will also be applied to the game engine for PF:WotR?

Nope. There was an alpha update yesterday and I haven't had chance to try it out yet but pretty sure that isn't the case looking at update notes.

You can definitely do the legion battles in the current alpha, but it's very simplistic at the moment, as there are hardly any unit types. As typical for these grid battles, all units have a movement range and attack range. Footmen need to be right next to their target, archers can attack from 4 squares away.

As of the current beta anyway, you can fully control the legion battles. Just stay away from gargoyle armies, unless you like serving appetizers to demons.

You can definitely do the legion battles in the current alpha, but it's very simplistic at the moment, as there are hardly any unit types. As typical for these grid battles, all units have a movement range and attack range. Footmen need to be right next to their target, archers can attack from 4 squares away.

As of the current beta anyway, you can fully control the legion battles. Just stay away from gargoyle armies, unless you like serving appetizers to demons.

Morradir was asking if your party members can participate in army battle and I answered no.

I also play alpha (or shall we call it a pre-beta since beta isn't out yet) btw and already defeated gargoyle armies.

Doesn't that possibly lock you out of some items though? I was under the impression that some items could only be acquired by developing your kindgom a certain way.
Yep, it can lock you out of content. It's not about items only.

Back
Top Bottom