What games are you playing now?

Oh man, fork the mages, get a few levels on that paladin and you'll kill things before they even....oh yeah, you found that out! The paladin starts out decent, and then just elevates to an insane level, which makes sense seeing as the class is designed to wage war against evil, and Diablo two has than in spades!

Never played Diablo II. I'm currently trying to play DOS:EE. I was a beta-tester and played for over 200 hours and burned out. I'm also not real big on party-based games. I love loot and crafting though, so I'm giving it another go. I remember loving the Cyseal area of the game and totally losing interest once I left there. I'm playing explorer aka baby mode so I don't have to deal with 1000 hours of tedious combat. Monsters die quick in easy mode.

Starting to lose steam for Dishonored. While I was enchated with the potential, I soon realized that you can easily abuse the AI, and it become very easy to kill everyone. I guess I could try and do a no-kill run, but I don't have the patience for that.

There's no need to kill everyone or play a stealth only run. Some quests also work out differently depending on the route you take.

There's no need to kill everyone or play a stealth only run. Some quests also work out differently depending on the route you take.

I guess I'm OCD, but I always maximize my playthroughs. So I like to explore everything. Which means, I pretty much kill everyone. Just killed the first leader, Campbell. He was easy as hell. Is it me or are the powers just overpowered? I pretty much sneaked up behind him, and his other guard which I spared, and activated slow time, killed him and then I left out the window without thet guard even noticing me.

I guess I'm OCD, but I always maximize my playthroughs. So I like to explore everything. Which means, I pretty much kill everyone. Just killed the first leader, Campbell. He was easy as hell. Is it me or are the powers just overpowered? I pretty much sneaked up behind him, and his other guard which I spared, and activated slow time, killed him and then I left out the window without thet guard even noticing me.
Killing is easier in this game than others, but that's because killing has a negative impact on the game world.

It's part of the lore.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Killing is easier in this game than others, but that's because killing has a negative impact on the game world.

It's part of the lore.

Yeah, I understand, but these sorts of design conflicts don't make it easy on me. They put a lot of effort into populating the game world with loads of lore and various items, but then they make killing the enemies easy to kill, and they also encourage not killing them.

What is the ideal way to play this game? Killing as little as possible, while trying to access all lore entries and items?

I believe you will be superenthusiastic about it.

Yeah, I understand, but these sorts of design conflicts don't make it easy on me. They put a lot of effort into populating the game world with loads of lore and various items, but then they make killing the enemies easy to kill, and they also encourage not killing them.

What is the ideal way to play this game? Killing as little as possible, while trying to access all lore entries and items?

Killing nobody (may be with one exception) is the best way to play (and the most challenging one).
Edit: It is like the original thief games in this regard.

Killing is easy. Remind me to not have dinner with you otherwise I may be stabbed.

Killing nobody (may be with one exception) is the best way to play (and the most challenging one).
Edit: It is like the original thief games in this regard.

And can I realistically do this and also access all areas/items and lore items?

Also, how do the bosses you have to kill as part of the plot feature into this? Are they ignored when counting if you killed anyone?

And can I realistically do this and also access all areas/items and lore items?

Also, how do the bosses you have to kill as part of the plot feature into this? Are they ignored when counting if you killed anyone?
You can also solve the boss missions without killing them. Edit: And yes: You can access everything in this way.

I finished it with the "Ghost", "Clean Hands", and "Mostly Flesh and Steel" achievements in a single playthrough so it is definitely do-able. (Never seen, never kill, learn no abilities other than blink". Targets need to be eliminated... not necessarily killed.

Pladio said:

You can also solve the boss missions without killing them. Edit: And yes: You can access everything in this way.

I finished it with the "Ghost", "Clean Hands", and "Mostly Flesh and Steel" achievements in a single playthrough so it is definitely do-able. (Never seen, never kill, learn no abilities other than blink". Targets need to be eliminated… not necessarily killed.

I think you've all motivated me to restart my playthrough while trying to ghost it.

But the "need to be eliminated" intrigues me. What constitutes eliminated? Can you take them back to your base? Or what does eliminated mean? Is it different for each character? I've seen a playthrough on youtube where the player took Campbell to the interogation chair and then branded him with something on his forehead. Is that eliminated? How so?

It's different for each one, but generally involves searching the quest area for something you can use against them: evidence, a loved one, etc.

Nearly finished Borderlands Pre-sequel. I don't feel motivated enough to spend the time repeat fighting Eclipse until the chips fall my way and I beat him. Starting AC:Origins. Question: will there be enough points to get all skills, or will I need to specialize?

Ok, I finished the first level with both Not Detected and Killed No One. The only issue is the game only gives you a status on these two efforts at the end of the mission. I had to redo the first mission, being a lot more careful, because apparently I was detected once, but I've no idea where. So I have to, while playing, be aware of the ingame chime that signals I've been detected.

@Philistine;: Do you know if I can do this differently? Any way to find out if I've already been detected mid mission? I'd hate to a long mission and only find out at the end that I was detected, and failed the achievement.

Seems I'm not the only one missing the ability to check whether I was detected or killed anyone mid-mission. So there is no such functionality? Only in Dishonored 2? Seems on Xbox you can check some game stats mid mission and find that out. But nothing on PC? That sounds amazingly annoying. Going through a whole mission and having no idea you might be doing it for nothing. :(

Well, Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords was just released for iOS and Android, and for once ... rather than buying one of those versions, I just installed it on my M1 MacBook Air and have been replaying for the first time in a while (ok, I started immediately after finishing KotOR last year but quickly fizzled and started Gothic 2). Thoroughly enjoying all the differences from the first game ... just not looking forward to where it all goes to crap ... :D

Back
Top Bottom