Pricewatch!

Our next offer: Layers of Fear on sale at Steam for $5.

Did a lot of people like this one?

Well, lots of positive reviews on Steam, but friends have told me that it is essentially a walking simulator in a haunted house setting. Kinda of a "non-game". Let us know the truth of the matter if you end up buying it ;)

Bundle Stars has some good deals right now during their summer sale. Shadowrun: Hong Kong is the current flash sale for $4. There's only about 10 hours left on that one.

And Shadowrun Returns and Shadowrun: Dragonfall are also both on sale there.

What's the verdict on these two? Worth the time to play?

EDIT: Nevermind. They were super cheap, so of course I bought them. :p

Last edited:
I found fear to be more of a generic FPS than a walking simulator. It wasn't bad but i preferred far cry (the original).

Well, lots of positive reviews on Steam, but friends have told me that it is essentially a walking simulator in a haunted house setting. Kinda of a "non-game". Let us know the truth of the matter if you end up buying it ;)

Yeah, I've only ever played a couple of hours of FEAR. I bought it way back when it first came out (still have the pristine box in a cupboard) but it was during a period where I had way too much money and way too little time.

I've since got all of the FEAR games through Steam, very cheaply. One day I might play them fully, though I imagine the first one looks a bit long in the tooth now.

I might pick up the atari package from there. Also, it looks like there's a 10% off code on Bundlestars too. SUMMER10 too or something like that.

I wonder if they stack for sales.

The code works on everything from the sale except for the special daily *Star* deals.

Talking of which... today's star deal for the next ~15 hours is BGEE at €4.99.

An enormous patch just hit NMS, it's not just bugfixes but crapload of new features:
https://www.vg247.com/2017/08/11/no...o-op-30-hours-of-story-content-missions-more/

O_O

I never bought that game, but noticed that it's -60% on GOG, cca 22 bucks):
https://www.gog.com/game/no_mans_sky

Should I risk it at this price?

Difficult to say. Potential was all over the place but not exploited at all. There was a true technical marvel totally screwed by artificial limitations like the no low flight, lack of enough resources to create enough diverse creatures or plants and so on and so on, a freaking Console UI, the PC version was looking like a PS game.

They went on working on it, pushed patches, updated the UI, bring some requested changes.. They also added bases and build mode ..

It is still an exploration game with potential which gives you the possibility to see stuff no one has seen and will ever see. They added story and quests for people needing a more structured gameplay but you are still free to go where you want and follow the story or not.

It is inspired by the SF of my childhood, it is space, there are spaceships, you are free to do what you want and go where you want, it is true exploration because what you see is unique so I totally bought the concept but the execution was totally lacking and it was a disappointment.
This patch looks like they are nearer what they sold one year ago.

At PCGamer they say we should buy it, if at all, on HumbleBundle store (Steam key) as the discount is same:
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/no-mans-sky
GOG Galaxy apparently doesn't support limited multiplayer whatever that is. Probably something I don't care about.

Thanks. Never heard of Groupees though. Is it a reputable site?

I mean, they're not questionable like CD-Keys are they?

Edit: weird, they're including Amiga and C64 games in the bundle.

I have no mouth and I must scream - I think I got that for free on Gog once. I want to read the book first before I play it.

Back
Top Bottom