C2077 Cyberpunk 2077 - News Roundup

Cyberpunk 2077
It could still be pulled even at a late time, but that would probably require some really drastic developments. And that would be much more visible than just those two people leaving. (One of them already a month ago)

It could still be pulled even at a late time, but that would probably require some really drastic developments. And that would be much more visible than just those two people leaving. (One of them already a month ago)
One left on good terms it seems with an announcement, but the Creative Director left quietly with no official announcement anywhere, except on his linkedin page.

Anyway wish him luck at Blizzard as they are in turmoil right now with a fraud investigation, and very unhappy employees . He should of staid at CDPR instead.

At this point I don't see how the game can be rebooted as five to six years of work was done already. It would piss off buyers/investors, and cost a lot of money.

Two months ago I read an article the game is now fully playable start to finish.

Last edited:

We only learned today that the creative director left, but you don't move from Poland to the US in a few days for a new job. We only know about it because someone saw he updated his linkedin. He didn't set a "last month" for his CDProjekt job (still says present), but Blizzard says Jan 2019.

Those departure doesn't really help my impression that something happened with the game development after they said it was playable from start to finish and then suddenly went silent again.

CDPR has never made announcements about Cyberpunk on a consistent basis. Going a period of time without saying anything is not unusual for them.

We can only speculate why those guys departed, but in the long run if might actually be a positive thing depending on the reasons.

I don't understand any (possible) fuss over it.
The only person I know who refused Blizzard's promises of becoming a god was Icefrog (moved to Valve later). Everyone else accepted Blizzard's immoral offers so I don't see why someone from Poland shouldn't. Especially if that one wants to switch their career into phonescamware development.

While I can see why someone might want to move on; i'm not sure blizzard is the place to be these days.
-
Having said that does all this gossip mean the game will or will not be out this year ?

Will Cyberpunk 2077 be Exclusive to a Specific Store? - COGConnected
A couple of days ago, a fan pleaded with the official Cyberpunk 2077 Twitter account not to be exclusive to the Epic Games Store. Cyberpunk 2077 replied with a “Yeaaaaaaaaah…. Pass on that.” Steam users can breathe easy. Instead of a simple “no”, this is likely a commentary on the controversy surrounding Metro Exodus’s release. Releasing exclusively through the Epic Games Store does have its benefits. Revenue is shared with developers a little more generously than through Steam, but that will not matter very much if fans boycott the product. Fans ultimately decide if a game earns a lot of money or not.

Exclusivity is good for business of charging 10 times more $ for garbage plastic called "controller". And outdated Technology, for example SATA2.

On PC, garbage plastic is not standard equipment and sticking with outdated technology is ridiculed by the community. As such there is no reason for any kind of exclusivity except alienating audience which won't be taken well by any kind of audience.

Can someone decipher this commentary ?

Exclusivity is good for business of charging 10 times more $ for garbage plastic called "controller". And outdated Technology, for example SATA2.

On PC, garbage plastic is not standard equipment and sticking with outdated technology is ridiculed by the community. As such there is no reason for any kind of exclusivity except alienating audience which won't be taken well by any kind of audience.

Can someone decipher this commentary ?
On PC you can buy arbitrary hardware, on consoles you are forced to buy very specific hardware allwing the producer to charge more.

Same story I linked above just in video form.

CD Projekt Red Gives Hard Pass to Epic Store Exclusivity for Cyberpunk 2077

Anyway I don't think CDPR will be dumb enough to just release on GOG/Galaxy either. As selling on multiple platforms instead of just one exclusively makes for a bigger profit.

It's a huge surprise that the owners of GOG won't go Epic store exclusive, let me tell you :)

Not a surprise but it's Cyberpunk 2077 news and finding news has gotten slow. I expect the frequency of news will pick up around E3 in June hopefully with a release date.

So, haven't followed this one.

Have they commented on the mechanics/balance/loot/progression yet?

Cyberpunk 2077 will have neither open nor closed beta tests.
CD Projekt Red are still being tight-lipped on any information regarding Cyberpunk 2077, but a few bits of information come along every now and then, usually as a result of fervent fans' continuous questions. One such case happened in Cyberpunk 2077's Twitter, when a fan inquired whether the game's beta will be open or closed.

It turns out that it was wrong to assume Cyberpunk 2077 would go into a beta test at all, as the official response was that CD Projekt Red has no plans for either closed or open beta. This means players will get their first chance to play it during a potential demo at an expo or if that doesn't happen either, on Cyberpunk 2077's release day.

Considering the state of games that enter "beta" tests lately, being deprived of Cyberpunk 2077 until it's ready may be a blessing in disguise for the fans. Some of the most recent examples that serve well to show that beta tests these days are just publicity stunts without offering a properly finished game. Fallout 76 and Anthem come to mind right away.

On top of that, many players make up their mind about a game based on beta tests, since usually not much changes between beta and full release nowadays. Some exceptions still happen, but we mostly get a few glitch fixes between beta a full release, with many bugs still remaining in the game, ruining the initial impressions and potentially the whole experience.

Back
Top Bottom