What games are you playing now?

Everspace. An arcadish space shooter, with rogue-lite elements. Needs the expansion to feel a bit more "alive".

PS: It's pretty good to fill short breaks for me.

Last edited:
Enderal. I ran out of quests to do at my level. I have all 3 star quests ( for around lvl 30) but I'm only lvl 18 with low skills. I hate buying stuff in games so I only level up skills I find "in the wild". Looks like that isn't going to fly here so I'll have to break open the wallet to spend my 86 unused learning points! Then I'll go exploring to get levelled.

You are definitely going to have to spend cash to get some skill-ups in Enderal. If it helps any, I'll tell you now it will completely worth the time and effort.

I'm delving deeper into the Great Gaias, I ran into one battle with Raziel that saw me have to do three reloads to finally pull out a victory. Maybe I was at this area a bit too early, that or they expected you to grind a bit, it was by far the toughest fight I've had in this game to date.

Do we have a '(small) annoyances in currently playing game' thread?

Mad max. The long-winded animations for picking up stuff. Notable, each time I eat a can of (dog) food |I want to rip my hair out. Ok, it is not *that* long but for actions you do often the animations should be short, or shouldn't interrupt gameplay. Similarly, who thought it is a good idea to require a long-press of a button to pickup items (with accompanying circle that fills up). I can understand it for breaking down doors, emblems, etc. but not for picking up scrap metal.

Speaking of open-world games. We all hate grinding right (if not, speak up or be forever silent)? I was wondering which game exactly started it: collecting feathers (AC), clearing out bandit camps (mad max), etc. Was it WoW that started it all or was there something before? I can't remember, e.g., Dungeon siege 2 having any grinding at all (just to pick up something that is also action oriented).

I suppose some fetch quests could enable exploration a bit (like visiting each lookout tower in interesting locations).

Do we have a '(small) annoyances in currently playing game' thread?

Mad max. The long-winded animations for picking up stuff. Notable, each time I eat a can of (dog) food |I want to rip my hair out. Ok, it is not *that* long but for actions you do often the animations should be short, or shouldn't interrupt gameplay. Similarly, who thought it is a good idea to require a long-press of a button to pickup items (with accompanying circle that fills up). I can understand it for breaking down doors, emblems, etc. but not for picking up scrap metal.

Speaking of open-world games. We all hate grinding right (if not, speak up or be forever silent)? I was wondering which game exactly started it: collecting feathers (AC), clearing out bandit camps (mad max), etc. Was it WoW that started it all or was there something before? I can't remember, e.g., Dungeon siege 2 having any grinding at all (just to pick up something that is also action oriented).

I suppose some fetch quests could enable exploration a bit (like visiting each lookout tower in interesting locations).

I don't hate grinding, but I don't like being forced to grind.

Anyway grindings been around a very, very long time. I remember grinding Murphy's Ghosts in wizardry 1 in the early 80"s.

OT, Just started playing Detroit: become human. First hour is intriguing.

Last edited:
Still on Evil Within-2 between trips. I think the story is decent (or the presentation of the story); the controls and save are wonky but as long as the story keeps me interested I'll keep going. Not a bad game really if you like that sort of stuff. I didn't play the first (story wise it is said they are releated) but I hear the 1st have worse controls and these are already pretty bad.

Is the detroit the name of a game or a place in a game ?

I don't hate grinding, but I don't like being forced to grind.

Anyway grindings been around very a very, very long time. I remember grinding Murphy's Ghosts in wizardry 1 in the early 80"s.

its ps4 game.
Yeah, the developer seems to have enough of exclusivity bullshit holding a game hostage thus meaning less money earned, thus teamed up with NetEase to bring future games to nonSony platforms:
https://venturebeat.com/2019/01/29/...teaming-up-for-games-on-multiple-platforms/2/
GamesBeat: Are you still going to focus on Sony platforms? Or will you spread out to new platforms?

Guillaume de Fondaumière: We will continue to work on PlayStation, which is a platform we love and that we know very well. but we will also consider other platforms as we want to make our creations accessible to as many gamers as possible worldwide, regardless of the platform. This is definitely a shift for us after 12 years developing exclusively for PlayStation. But at the same time we have developed engines on PC, Dreamcast, Xbox, PS2, PS3, PS4, and PS4 Pro. Thus, we are confident we can make a smooth transition while keeping the high level of quality that we target for our games.

Just so you know, I've seen a few articles and vids about this game and it didn't look like something I'd go for right away but subconsciously felt it could be a nice backlog addition on some steam sale… I also didn't know it's playstation exclusive till now. Ah, well, if Sony doesn't want my money, there are always lootboxes to spend $ on instead.

Trying to give a go at Skyrim for a bazillion time. The plan was to go modless (outside SkyUI and unofficial patch) and actually do the main quest for once and play the DLCs.

But the temptation was too much and tus I installed a bunch of mods because:
- default game facial stuff is really low quality
- spells scale like crap, DLC spells aren't available in the base game areas and its missing some classics from previous TES games
- a leveled list re-balance because I prefer finding cool things than useless items when I open a boss's chest or a dragon's belly.
- I saw an interesting AI overhaul on the Nexus and decided to try it

Hopefully this last me for a little while.

Check those corners, @vurt;!

That was one INCREDIBLE mod back in the day.

Trying to give a go at Skyrim for a bazillion time. The plan was to go modless (outside SkyUI and unofficial patch) and actually do the main quest for once and play the DLCs.

But the temptation was too much and tus I installed a bunch of mods because:
- default game facial stuff is really low quality
- spells scale like crap, DLC spells aren't available in the base game areas and its missing some classics from previous TES games
- a leveled list re-balance because I prefer finding cool things than useless items when I open a boss's chest or a dragon's belly.
- I saw an interesting AI overhaul on the Nexus and decided to try it

Hopefully this last me for a little while.

Yeah, modding is great but also a disease. I have over 600 hrs between Skyrim and Skyrim se and I’ve never beaten the main quest. As a matter of fact the only major quest line I’ve beaten is the thieves guild.

I spend most of my hours install 100’s of mods and then just running of in what ever direction discovering content. I have no idea if it’s Bethesda made or mod and don’t much care. It’s all very enjoyable.

Yeah, modding is great but also a disease.

Once you start to install mods you never stop…so yes, a disease.

The other problem of Skyrim is deciding what to play. I'm trying to be a "paladin" this time around: no stealing, using only restoration, conjuration (that's where banishing spells are), one-handed&shield, a crossbow and heavy armor.

Trying is the big word, old habits tend to come back (sneaking around, stealing, using destructions...).

I'm still playing PoE2 in turn based mode. I'm enjoying the game much more than the first one - the humour, exploration, combat, everything just feels much better. The only thing I'm not enjoying are the text based ship to ship combat sections, which are poorly explained and not much fun.

I'm only 20hrs in though, about six weeks after starting, which sucks. Gaming time is limited at present. I'm looking forward to the day when I can get a damn good session in again!

I'm only 20hrs in though, about six weeks after starting, which sucks. Gaming time is limited at present. I'm looking forward to the day when I can get a damn good session in again!

I'm in the same boat lately. To much RL stuff going on right now. I'm lucky to get an hour a day for gaming.

I'm still playing Metro Exodus. Excellent game btw. One of the better non-RPGs I've played lately.

I'm still playing PoE2 in turn based mode. I'm enjoying the game much more than the first one - the humour, exploration, combat, everything just feels much better. The only thing I'm not enjoying are the text based ship to ship combat sections, which are poorly explained and not much fun.

What happened to your Kingmaker run? :(

What happened to your Kingmaker run? :(

Temporarily on hold. Partly because they're still adding content (they released a massive patch just as I started playing); but mainly because I knew I was going to have a period where I struggled to find gaming time. I though I'd enjoy it more if I wasn't having to take week-long breaks all the time and I could dedicate proper time to it.

I then fired up PoE2 "just to have a quick look" and got hooked. :) It's really good. Hopefully by the time I finish it I'll be back to normal and I can put aside a nice block of time to enjoy Kingmaker.

I spend most of my hours install 100’s of mods and then just running of in what ever direction discovering content. I have no idea if it’s Bethesda made or mod and don’t much care. It’s all very enjoyable.

That sums up quite nicely my own play time in Skyrim too. :)

Going from Factorio to Roguetech and back until some RPG game breaks the endless loop.

I think I'm done adding mods to Skyrim, I'm really happy with the "small fixes" I installed. Now that the "game before the game" is done, I can actually play, for real (or decide to install Wintersun and restart to have faith-based mechanics…).

Anyway, I now have a low level "Paladin". I did switch conjuration for alteration though.

Now I remember why I find TES games awesome! Well, as much awesome as trashing wolves and a bandits camp or two in areas I have seen an hundred times can be. Although, that bandit leader getting killed by his own trap was awesome.

I'm also digging "sword and board" gameplay.

football manager 2012 - stuck with this since i cant afford a newer version :(

Back
Top Bottom