General News - Daggerfall Spiritual Successor

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
OneAngryGamer reports that a Daggerfall spiritual successor is in the works from some of the original developers.

Ian from Indigo Gaming is heading up a project along with Julian Jensen and Ted Peterson -- developers who worked on Daggerfall, Morrowind and Oblivion -- to make a spiritual successor to the original The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall. They're currently laying out the design roadmap and engine-agnostic systems for a prototype, along with recruiting artists (specifically modelers, riggers, and animators) to help build the prototype.

The news was made available via a forum thread over on the Daggerfall Workshop, where Ian pitched the recruitment drive to the community, writing...

[...]
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

Meh . Just meh . Moving on now.:movingon:

Me too. Very exciting news. I have been asking for this for a long time!

We are currently working unpaid, until we acquire funding, a publisher or launch a crowding project (all options are being considered at this point), so we have no immediate funds to hire you, but if you'd like to be a part of this team, and have art skills (both concept art OR 3D modeling or rigging), please contact me, and I'll share your information with the team. We are recording hours and contribution, with the idea of compensation for that time when we get funded.

So... not sure how well that is going to work.

Hey, if this makes it to completion, I would love to play a game like this. That's a big if but I wish them the best.

Hire skilled veterans and your success is ensured! Daggerfall had a very nice dungeon atmosphere. Too bad, the idiots FCKD UP the level progression system. IIRC, I holed up in a tavern room with my mage, started casting spells and observed a crazy levelup.. Then went out to fight with my beginner new mighty mage and found in the previous dungeon filled with rats - now Vampire Lords.

Daggerfall already has a spiritual successor. It's called Morrowind. That said, this could be an interesting thing.

Back
Top Bottom