Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines

P

purpleblob

So... all the speculations on the new Vampire games reminded me I bought this game a long time ago but never actually played it because I was lazy to install the unofficial patch.

Finally got off my lazy arse - installed the mod and fired up the game. I chose to answer a number of questions and let the game pick the clan for me - ended up getting Gangrel, didn't like the look of my character (no option to customise my appearance, WTF?), went back and picked Toreador instead.

Before I get too far into the game, I just wanted to ask though, if Toreador is a good pick for the noobie or should I choose different clan?

Any other tips for the noobies will be appreciated! :)

I wouldn't recommend a Nosferatu or Malkavian for your first playthrough, but there isn't really a bad choice as far as clans go. Toreador should be fine.

Maybe read up on the different Disciplines of each clan and what they do. That might give you a better idea of who you want to be.

Do NOT give up on the game until after you've been through the hotel!

That hotel scene still gives me nightmares. Try playing it in the dark with headphones on. Anyway I agree be sure to download Wesp5's patch before you play. It's necessary.

Link - https://www.moddb.com/mods/vtmb-unofficial-patch

As for me I always preferred to play as a Tremere or Brujah. One gives you the ability to use blood magic(Not the DA kind), and the other makes you into is a physical tank.

Also, you might want to choose the basic version of the patch for your first time. The "plus" version makes some minor changes and adds cut content.

Both versions are included in the download. It will ask what version you want during installation.

I already installed the basic version of the unofficial patch. So... what's with this hotel thing? Oo Is it really horrible level or something?

I already installed the basic version of the unofficial patch. So… what's with this hotel thing? Oo Is it really horrible level or something?
Creepy yes a mass murder happened and the hotel is haunted.

The hotel section is not the only highlight of the game nor I think is the best aspect. The game as a whole is a highlight and all of its sections and characters are memorable and unique. Just experience it in any way you like (it is more fun this way).

The whole game is pretty creepy with some mature horror themes. My friend recently played it and was surprised it was so horror-filled. I'm like dude, it's Vampire the Masquerade, :D. But yeah, lots of creepy levels, mature themes and plenty of scary horror to go around in this game. That said I'm not a fan of horror games in general but this is one of my favorite RPGs or games ever. Just a fantastic game. I've played through it 3 times and still will go back to it again.

I will see how I go... I don't usually like horror or mature themed games but I'm still intrigued at this point... this should be interesting... :p

For those interested in following the new (potential) Vampire CRPG in development by Paradox I have brought my old World of Darkness News site back from the grave (insert puns here).

For those that were unaware of the site in the past I ran it for 5 years and covered the ill fated MMO by CCP. It became the central hub of news and community for that game with millions of page views a month. Now I am going to cover whatever this game turns out to be.

Feel free to join us new and old members alike :) https://worldofdarkness.news/

So, I gave up on Bloodlines - the control was too clunky and constant switch back and forth between first person & third person perspective gave me horrible motion sickness. Instead, I'm watching my hubby playing it. I can see it definitely is very atmospheric. I was very impressed with level of details - hubby picked Ventrue and couldn't even take lowly people's blood, while my Toreador character even took rat's blood. I hope the new game will be good and also doesn't give me motion sickness.

Ok, I have the GOG version of VtM: Bloodlines, so which mods (mainly in the categories "bugfixing", "cut-content" and "graphics") do I have to use to fully appreciate the game? I don't know if GOG's version already comes with them, game's page doesn't say anything about that.

Given all the buzz and fuss about the newly-announced Vampire game, I'm willing to give the first one a try :)

Last edited:
Ok, I have the GOG version of VtM: Bloodlines, so which mods (mainly in the categories "bugfixing", "cut-content" and "graphics") do I have to use to fully appreciate the game? I don't know if GOG's version already comes with them, game's page doesn't say anything about that.

Given all the buzz and fuss about the newly-announced Vampire game, I'm willing to give the first one a try :)

The GOG version comes with the unofficial patch pre-installed (which is really all you need). They updated it to the last stable release a few days ago too.

There is a small texture addition that add some World of Darkness flavors.

There are no full texture pack upgrade for the game (I think because the engine has issues with scaling large textures). There is a nexus page for the game and some others are on moddb...but I don't suggest using any of them outside the unofficial patch for a first playthrough.

There are no full texture pack upgrade for the game (I think because the engine has issues with scaling large textures).
I always wanted a full texture overhaul. Oh well.:(

I have a problem with a couple of Nosferatu questlines not starting. Anyone have any idea why, or a fix? Playiung with 10.3 plus patch. No other mods. I just finished talking to Johnny so I have been in Chinatown a while but I have never recieved any emails from Gary or Mitnick for Poster Sessions or Tangled Web to start.

Back
Top Bottom