• Polyamorous relationship

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Polygamous marriage

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please detail)

Votes: 4 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's weird, but sometimes, most often after watching a nature documentary, I'll sit there and rationalise the concept that maybe everyone would be happier if we let the alpha males do all the breeding with all the fertile women and not try to encourage poor sex-lives onto not very sexually motivated people, something that must be very difficult for a lot of people for who the sex has died in their relationships. Then, when I actually see this happen in practise, such as with depictions of Harems or Mormons, playboys etc, I just feel this awful barrel of jealous rage boil up inside me for which I have no rational explanation, nor rational control.

The problem is that most of the so called "alphas" are selfish, unproductive cads who live parasitically from the efforts of others, who break up relationships by having affairs and who make the dating pool poorer by jading women who would otherwise live in happy and stable marriages.

Not to mention when there are not enough women for all the men, in part due to these voluntary harems, then there is seldom any incentive for average men to invest in society rather than to live selfishly.

The more marriage is the norm, the more the system is fair to everyone, and the happier people are.

Congratulations, Pladio.

My solitary nature leaves me barely able to tolerate cohabitation with one person -- I can't even envision the energy it would take to keep one person happy and still chase after more.

But the polyamorous family I'm closest to have been a stable unit for -- I'm not sure how long, but longer than I've known them, which is more than fifteen years. When they had their first kid I thought "Well, this'll be the end of it -- conventional suburbia here they come", but I did them an injustice, and they've made it work even faced with uncomprehending preschools, hospitals etc.

Also, haven't seen you post much lately, so welcome back :)
I don't know most of those games discussed here these days, so I can hardly post in game discussions, but be assured that I'm lurking at least twice a day, doing my Watch duty.

As for other forms of relationship ... I'm not against any of them because I frankly don't mind how (or why) people live together, but polyamory is not for me. I am kind of anti-social. Being around few select people is perfect, and while I can stand a friend or two invading our home (though I tend to retreat to the bedroom after an hour or two), I usually abhor crowds. Which includes discussions or parties or whatever. No, I need my surroundings stable and with few people, so a harem is not something I strive to acquire.

We seem to share our "love" (hah!) for -ugh- people.

Pibbur who prefers working with machines. And who promises he will never visit the jaz.

Last edited:
We seem to share our "love" (hah!) for -ugh- people.

Pibbur who prefer working with machines. And who promises he will never visit the jaz.

Hahaha, indeed it looks like so from this thread.

As for me, I don't really care about married or not married, or who marry/live with who or whatever else. I think only feelings are important. If you feel good and happy, and your partner or partners do too, that is what matters.

Of course if you intend to have children you better ensure they have a good environment to grow up in, and they can be happy too.

How do I get my girlfriend to agree to a polyamorous relationship?

Asking for a friend

How do I get my girlfriend to agree to a polyamorous relationship?

I understand the usual method is to sulk until she gives in out of exhaustion. You're then ready to bring joy into the life of one of the many young, beautiful bisexual women who are waiting for a call from a horny gentleman looking for a quick thrill and his reluctant, resentful girlfriend.

What could possibly go wrong? Try polyamory today!

Just call 1-800-PLS-DONT and ask to speak to Polly Sparkles, the rainbow unicorn.

Yeah, just don't forget to brush up on being single in a very unlikely case that it does go wrong... :lol:

You're then ready to bring joy into the life of one of the many young, beautiful bisexual women who are waiting for a call from [...] his reluctant, resentful girlfriend.

I think this might actually be a thing

Actually these days polyamorous relationships are mostly men who put up with the infidelity of their girlfriend/wife, who remains with them mostly for stability and material benefits. It's like "open relationships". It is all a sham.

Yes, these days, Quebec is mostly populated with gold-digging tramps. So I've heard.

Well, you have to wonder about what kind of person would share his partner with others. Think about it for a second. Do you really think that the people who do this do it without harboring any resentment?

Why would I share my wife with anyone, or put up with it if she went to see another man? The men who do this are men who put up with an abusive situation because they are afraid of being alone.

This is why I am saying that these arrangements are always a sham. There is always someone who is happy of it, and another who resents it.

Uhm...but isn't it possible to have a triangle without loose ends? Not saying its easy or common.

Uhm…but isn't it possible to have a triangle without loose ends? Not saying its easy or common.

Well how many of these "partnerships" last? The duration of these is always short term and frail. It's a sign this is a seriously dysfunctional way of life.

I am just disturbed by the trend of calling something like an open relationship "just another lifestyle". I don't see how you can do that without sweeping some extremely serious problems under the rug.

Well how many of these "partnerships" last? The duration of these is always short term and frail. It's a sign this is a seriously dysfunctional way of life.

I am just disturbed by the trend of calling something like an open relationship "just another lifestyle". I don't see how you can do that without sweeping some extremely serious problems under the rug.

You talk so definitively about something you obviously don't understand.

19 wonderful years in an open marriage.

Just a little reminder - the OP's intentions with this thread were the following (bolded by me to make it easier for you to understand):
Pladio said:
I would prefer this not to become a debate, but more of an open question to people. It is not about what you think is better for everyone else, but just about you and your closed one.
So if you have another agenda, take it somewhere else.
Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom