VtM: Bloodlines 2 - Bloodlines' Composer Returns

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
PC Gamer reports that Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines 2 will have the composer for the original game.

Among them was game developer and streamer Outstar, who contacted Schaffer to ask if he was contributing to Bloodlines 2. He replied, "I contributed an hour of music to the OST and am the main composer. Been working on it for over a year."

[...]
More information.

Good news as Bloodline's had good ambient music.:worship:

There's also a few unused songs that didn't make into the game.

One hour of music is decent considering most of the tracks will likely loop (3, 4, 5 minute loops, etc..)

Maybe he's not done and still has more to do. :shrug:

The "over a year" doesn't mean it was his only project too, it's just indicative of when he was hired. There might also be a lot more local stuff in Bloodlines 2 because Seattle apparently has a large musical history/scene.

Is it weird that the things I'm the most exited about in Bloodlines 2 is that it is set in Seattle, a city I have never been to (well except the airport once for a connection)?

I always thought the title sequence was a take on Massive Attacks Angel, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbe3CQamF8k
and that was fine by me because it suited the game perfectly.
At the time it was considered a significant leap in graphics, using the Source graphics engine same as Halflife 2 (2004).
Some of this music sounds like Marilyn Manson.

Last edited:
Well I've got to give it to them for seemingly respecting the original thus far.

I generally don't care much for audio in any games, usually turn it off right at the start but the music in the first game is well worth listening to. Anyone involved in that is more than welcome back to the new iteration!

Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 - Gameplay Interview

mat9813004, it is Angel, the instrumental version.

Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines II Interview - Venturebeat
Vampire: The Masquerade is part of White Wolf’s “World of Darkness” RPG setting, where werewolves and other monsters live among us. This horror setting never reached the heights of Dungeons & Dragons, but it’s had a dedicated following for decades, and Bloodlines is one of the best CRPGs of the early 2000s. But late last year, White Wolf’s CEO stepped down.

I interviewed Mitsoda and Hardsuit Labs cofounder Andy Kipling earlier this week at the Game Developers Conference 2019 in San Francisco. This is an edited transcript of our interview.

Two more articles about mods and post release content.

Link - https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2019/03/22/vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines-2-preview/
“If you look at Paradox’s other products there’s obviously a strong commitment to the fanbase and user-generated content and modding and stuff like that,” said Kipling, adding that it would be “part and parcel” to their approach when making a true successor to Bloodlines. Paradox are also known for their post-launch support, which includes Bloodlines 2. I don’t know how much DLC there will be, but I do know that some clans will be added to the game after launch, and that these will be free to all players.
Link - https://www.pcworld.com/article/337...uerade-bloodlines-2-is-finally-happening.html
Asked about that, Paradox says that post-release content plans are still in flux, but that they recognize they won’t be releasing new features the way they might for a Crusader Kings or a Cities: Skylines. That said, Paradox is known for releasing some features free, others paid, and that will continue for Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2. Right off the bat, I’m told additional clans will come post-release, and that those will be free for all players while story-driven content (for instance) could be paid DLC.

Paradox uploaded the YouTube version of the One Hour Twitch Developer Interview.

Back
Top Bottom