Will to Survive - Funding Unsuccessful

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Will to Survive is the next kickstarter to not get funded. The developer has the following update with more information.

Is This The End?

One of the reasons for doing the Kickstarter was to see if there was actually a market for the game, I was sold on the idea myself but I wasn't too sure how others would perceive it. The general response from people has been excellent however showing that there is clearly a place in the world for Will and that makes me even more excited about the project than ever before.

I can definitely say that this isn't the last you'll see of Will! The project will live on so don't despair. I will also be posting regular updates via the blog, Kickstarter, IndieDB and Steam so that you know how things are progressing. I will attempt to update things each week but failing that I will certainly make make time to update you guys every other week.

What's Next?

There are a few different directions that I can look into heading with the project now, I could spend some time developing the game and attempt another funding campaign in a few months time. I could look into other funding options such as private investors or I could contemplate going the alpha funding route. Whatever I decide I will do my best to keep you updated and let you know what the plan is.

Right now I have actually started work overhauling the prototype, I've stripped it down to it's bare bones and begun putting it back together in a far more clean and improved state. The aim is to create a really solid foundation to start building the final game from, address some of the issues from user testing and also smarten up some of the code so that I can begin to accept help that has been offered from some of my programmer buddies.
More information.

So it is permadeath and continues while you are offline, with the only thing keeping your character alive being a constant supply of stocked items you have to collect while playing. In essence, you cannot stay away for any extended period of time without sacrificing your character. His comparison to Tamagochi is correct, and it seems the only thing to keep your virtual life intact will be to sacrifice your real one. Bad deal.

I hate to kick someone who is already down, but it seems to me that many people were spared a pointless addiction by this game not being funded (at least for now).

Will to Survive is a constant 24/7 simulation. There is no escape! No pausing - even while you are away the struggle continues!

Do we want another ogame, travian, grepolis, ikariam, evony or billions of their clones?
The audience was clear. Seems a few want another game where you go for a coffee with friends… After you set things in your travian villages. Luckily you have a smartphone so you can make a fleetsave in ogame while enjoying a coffee and who cares for RL socializing, your fleet is more important!

Others said no. Bastards.

Back
Top Bottom