Dragon Age - Revelations Comic

Dhruin

SasqWatch
If you've finished - and enjoyed - Dragon Age, this is worth a look. BioWare's David Gaider and a fan named Aimo have collaborated to create a comic called Revelations. This provides more context to a major moment with Morrigan (you'll know what I mean if you completed the game) by expanding on a scene that was cut from the final game. Spoilers, obviously. Here's David's explanation:
David Gaider – “I’ve always been a big fan of Aimo’s art – she has an incredible ability to capture the emotions of her characters. So I started chatting with her a bit back in January, and the idea came up for us to maybe collaborate on something. I mentioned a cutscene we had considered doing prior to Morrigan’s offer in the climax (*spoiler alert* for anyone who hasn’t played that far in Origins) but which had been left on the cutting room floor along with so many other scenes. This one in particular was hard to cut, because it was supposed to give some context to the player who romances Morrigan or who had become really good friends with her that what she was about to do was causing her conflict. As is pretty typical for game development, however, you have to work with the resources at hand… but this comic will maybe allow some people a brief glimpse into the “might have been” that was. Naturally Aimo’s efforts here were ten times mine… all I had to do was write up the scene from memory and then she proceeded to sketch it out over the next few weeks. Pretty awesome, if you ask me. Hope you all enjoy it!”
More information.

Interesting.. I just don't understand that final part, Morrigan says: ''You knew it would come to this. You warned her.''. What's she talking about?

Morrigan warns the PC that love is stupid and will only make you weak or hurt you. And what Morrigan is going to ask the PC is definitely going to hurt.

btw, if you like Aimo's work, I'd highly recommend checking out her Deviant Art page: http://aimo.deviantart.com/
Her comics about the Dwarven noble origin are just amazing.

I still don't get it. ''You warned her.'' Warned who?

I think the comic is assuming the PC is a female character in a romance with Alistair who befriended Morrigan. Morrigan is about to proposition Alistair for the ritual, and is feeling guilty about doing so since she knows about the relationship with Alistair. But at the same time she's approaching Alistair directly to shield the PC, and justifying it all to herself by saying that she'd warned the PC about how much love sucks.

At least that's what I decided made sense after I got confused by the same thing the first time I read it.

Back
Top Bottom