The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

Bobo in White Wooden Houses - Skate Away

Bobo in White Wooden Houses - Keep Movin' On

Today was spent listening to many of holiday classic songs, performed mostly by Dean Martin. Great stuff, it never fails to bring me right back to the early holidays I enjoyed as a youth.

I don't listen to much music online, save for a few HFS festivals and concerts that I've found over the years, ones that I personally attended back in the late eighties and nineties. I think music loses much in the translation when it is compressed to online formats, I try to stick with CD quality at a minimum. That's my apology for lack of links.

gauzy gazing for today-
"Destroyer" by Tears Run Rings

From 1:50 - I think he really nailed the Blade Runner style atmosphere of Lorville :)

I never really would have expected the music to live up to the ambition and design of this game - but the two composers they found both absolutely kill it with their work.

This afternoon I listened to Bowie's "Earthling" album while completing an application online. Damn, it truly hurts knowing that he's really gone and will never generate any new music, but at least he left plenty behind for us to enjoy. Earthling is one of his finest, and I doubt I'll ever tire of listening to it.

Now something different from me.:)

Hootie & the Blowfish are also back together with new music and a 2019 tour.

Sorry no new videos yet.

Also for @Carnifex; some of Bowie's last music.

Still missed years later.:(

Yeah, I believe the third anniversary of his passing will be upon us shortly. And Blackstar is a fabulous album, I'm saving that for the day itself, when it shall be listened to several times over. There will be tears but also much joy, I was lucky enough to attend four shows over the years, and I cherish them all.

I ring in the new year with a discovery of sorts. Beautiful stuff out of that hotbed of music, the Philippines (don't you dare snicker)! Gonna put up a link for the entire EP, but it's great from start to finish. I suppose I favor the first and last track. Enjoy!

"Unexpectedly" by Megumi Acorda

I'm on a roll!

Hard to categorize- pieces of jangle pop, gaze, and brit pop. Quite the nice stew.

"Set the Fire" by Swimming Tapes

I've killed the thread. Oh well, it was mine to kill anyway. :)

This tune is actually more pop than the rest of the release which I'd call gazey pop or perhaps poppy gaze, but it's very catchy.

"Diverging" by Soft Science

Back
Top Bottom