Stupid Steam

rjshae

Periapt vs Paronomasia
RPGWatch Donor
Steam decides to add content filters for mature games. Fine. I set it wide open and click 'View Page'. It goes into a loop and shows me the same options. Idjits! Right in the middle of a sale too. :mad:

Had a similar thing the other day.

You can kinde of turn that off in the settings by deciding what you want and what not (it looked like a questionaire to me).

Yeah, I hit that, too. They got themselves a bug, they do!

Thanks for the info. People should know better than to enter the code on your phone into a website. Still it is pretty elaborate.

Steam library got a new design, its available if you choose open beta in settings.

God save me from beta testing anything.

For those curious, the steam beta library interface has a new look and it is nice, where it is like game shelves or something where you see the covers of your games and can make them small or large and customize them, and it also gives more info about your playtime.

But they also have royally screwed up the individual game pages - now it is full of crap like game playing videos and thumbnails screenshots and just all sorts of crap that makes it ugly and clumsy and way too jumbled.

Unlike the current library game pages - which are very nice and clean and uncluttered - and just show "recent news" and your progress in the game in achievements, the new game pages are really awful. Whoever thought this was an improvement must hate clean and simple classy looking websites and have the attention span of a gnat.

I really hope they let people keep the old individual game page design if they force this onto everyone.

To sum up -- I like the new library look in terms of the game collection and covers, but the individual game pages really suck.

You can revert back - thankfully - by choosing to opt out of the beta so people can enter the beta and take a look at the new design and revert back if they want to.

I like most of the new game library pages EXCEPT for the Community Content at the end. Those things get way too many spoilers to have them right up front like that.

Rather than keep the old, though, I would rather be able to simply customize it to pick which sections I want to see. OH WAIT! If you go to your settings, select the library tab, and check the 'low bandwidth' checkbox then you have to click the community content to make it appear. Much better!

P.S. Check the library page for The Stanley Parable and you can now see when you last played the game. Time to go outside!

Last edited:
There's a necromancer at work. ;)

Back
Top Bottom