• 8. Coffee

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • 9. Tea

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • 10. Water

Votes: 10 26.3%

• Total voters
@joxer;

Check your stash. I think Fluent might have gotten into it.

Thinking the body is a temple is an ego thought. It wants to preserve something, keep something, but nothing is your possession truly. The body is not sentient, it is nothing, just flesh, blood, bone and marrow. It's a time body that is subject to time. "Building intelligence" itself is ego, it's building onto the ego which is just thoughts that you believe in. The true self is not bound to time, it is timeless. There is no one life either, we've all likely been here countless times as other incarnations, with the ultimate incarnation being the human being who can contemplate its own existence for the purpose of awakening to the truth of its existence.

I really recommend trying that short exercise I posted. If you've ever wondered who you truly are, why am I here, what am I truly, etc., you can have those questions answered right now.

For those wondering what I meant by alpha female, here is one. I just discovered this AMAZING new video featuring the song, "Barracuda" one of the all time kick-ass rock songs from 1977. Watch this woman sing it in her full bloom. Not only is she really pretty and sexy, but she is incredibly charismatic, in the way she moves and her personality as she sings the song.

This was one of my favorite rock songs when I was growing up, and this is an amazing discovery that someone found this video and posted it on youtube, when the band and the song were at the height of their fame. Some people are saying in the comments that this is the best video of a woman led band of all time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0OX_8YvFxA

I voted tea, though I drink coffee almost as much. I generally do a half-caffeine version of both.Don't need my ticker beating too fast :)

Tea is nice sometimes, i try to not drink it too much since it contains both aluminum and flouride in rather high concentrations.

@vurt;,

Thanks for this I've always like tea and recently started drinking a lot more. Specifically green tea because of all the health benefits I've read everywhere.

I have a kidney disease so I actually did quite a few searches for any side effects or downsides of green tea and couldn't find a one except for the caffeine but they make decaf, so.

Even when I researched after reading your post I couldn't find any info on this. Not until I specifically searched for green tea and aluminum, fluoride. then some things started popping up.

The stuff I found was mostly about china though, Is this a manufacturing thing or is it in all tea? Any links to info would be appreciated.

@vurt;,

Thanks for this I've always like tea and recently started drinking a lot more. Specifically green tea because of all the health benefits I've read everywhere.

I have a kidney disease so I actually did quite a few searches for any side effects or downsides of green tea and couldn't find a one except for the caffeine but they make decaf, so.

Even when I researched after reading your post I couldn't find any info on this. Not until I specifically searched for green tea and aluminum, fluoride. then some things started popping up.

The stuff I found was mostly about china though, Is this a manufacturing thing or is it in all tea? Any links to info would be appreciated.

It seems that it is present in MOST green teas. When it comes to China i will say that it's best to avoid anything consumable from there. China is a terrible country when it comes to health and what is allowed to sell. They sell rice made out of plastic (because someone realized it could be produced cheaper!). They sell gutter-oil (cooking oil which is oil created from e.g sewer drains). It's horrific.

I haven't read up about green tea and aluminum, fluoride too much.. this is just me following advice from the people at Longecity (forum where people are "quite" obsessive about health and prolonged life), these people seem to do nothing but scan ncbi.nlm.nih.gov all day to get information.. i'd advice you to search their forum about this topic..

Do you think the forums at "LongeCity - Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans", run by the "Immortality Institute", might not be the best place to look for sensible advice?

Absolutely, these are people obsessed with health, nootropics and life extension. There's zero tolerance to people with no sources/references to their claims. They are extremely well educated and helpful, had tons of help from there. Been on the forum for some 10+ years now.
Most topics are not about immortality, but there are a few people there interested in that research.

I think that's what you'd call the blind leading the blind. I'd discourage anyone else from joining the conga line.

How is someone "blind" if they are following current research? I'd discourage you from discouraging people, especially so when you have, like always, vague or no arguments.

If you want to dig through current research pubmed is otherwise your friend, it's what's referenced on Longecity..

Well, when I don't bother making a long argument, it's usually because I'm confident that I don't need to waste the Watchers time by spelling out a point I know they can see for themselves.

Last edited:
Goodness, talk about losing contact with the original thread. What a strange direction it all went in eh? Afterall, it's a fairly simple question. There's no need to dictate to others or be a health nazi about our choices. Going back to "everything in moderation" seems cliche, but perhaps it's an appropriate phrase here.

So getting back on topic - during summer I like a soft drink in ice whilst playing games. It's relaxing and a nice way to cool down. A nice juice if chilled is great as well. An energy drink now and again I find is good for immersion and concentration if that's an important element in the gaming experience itself or you're simply wanting to do more faster. I used to call the energy drink "V" my skooma for instance when I played Morrowind. :)

I don't mind tea or coffee either; but for me they're more for when the weather gets cold. They're also beverages I generally associate more with working and wanting to feel productive, rather than unwinding and having fun.

My preferred drink is lukewarm pee. But only in moderation. To much spoils the wonderful taste. And the health benefits, such as immortality. :D

whatamireading.png

Lol, I watched a TV show about ancient Indian culture and there is actually some Ayurveda "medicine" claim that drinking cow pee is very healthy. The "toughest" guys waited by the cows, collected it in buckets and drank it straight away. Only the pansies drank pasteurized and bottled cow pee...

I don't mind tea or coffee either; but for me they're more for when the weather gets cold. They're also beverages I generally associate more with working and wanting to feel productive, rather than unwinding and having fun.

Coffee for me is really cozy (it's a "I'm on break"-drink for me) , but I have some trouble sleeping if I drink too much of it or if I drink too late in the day. In the summer time, if the weather is warm, I prefer to only drink coffee early in the day, before it gets too hot. But of course, playing computer games is too hot and sweaty then anyway.

Or just do like I do and forget the risk and enjoy yourself. Everyone is going to die, might as well have fun while you live. I'd like to see things on gravestones that say "she didn't drink Coke", or "she was vegan and tried her best". Seriously, discard risk and fear of death and life is way more fun.

Didn't you just have a mental break down last year? Maybe you should get healthy and worry about your physical and mental health. So I should live like shit and not be able to do anything in my 50's and 60's? Or maybe I should just eat ramon noodles like that one girl and have my bone structure be that of an 80 year old in my 20's.

Keep your advice on video games and not health please. It's not about living forever, it's about quality of life. I can still play 2 man volleyball at 49 when most my other friends at that age won't even try because they are afraid of injury.

Well, when I don't bother making a long argument, it's usually because I'm confident that I don't need to waste the Watchers time by spelling out a point I know they can see for themselves.

Research and science is not a waste of time, at least not to most people. Pubmed is used by scientists and doctors all over the world, the topics discussed on Longecity is just that; current science, new discoveries (in e.g medicine, life-extension, nootropics), ongoing research is also discussed. I dare you to find a better forum for that, especially so for e.g nootropics :)

Didn't you just have a mental break down last year? Maybe you should get healthy and worry about your physical and mental health. So I should live like shit and not be able to do anything in my 50's and 60's? Or maybe I should just eat ramon noodles like that one girl and have my bone structure be that of an 80 year old in my 20's.

Keep your advice on video games and not health please. It's not about living forever, it's about quality of life. I can still play 2 man volleyball at 49 when most my other friends at that age won't even try because they are afraid of injury.

You're still going to die, so, yeah. Enjoy your life, that's all that matters. Less planning, less strategy, less mind stuff, more intuition and understanding of what you really are. More trust in the universe that you don't need to plan your life. Feel free to ignore my advice too, it really doesn't matter. Whoever is meant to read these posts on here and be rattled enough, then the job is done.

And I did have a breakdown. It was drug-induced, I took too much THC oil and was skyrocketed to the moon and back :p. But it was very valuable and showed me a lot of things and was part of the path I'm on, I am thankful it happened.

You're still going to die, so, yeah. Enjoy your life, that's all that matters. Less planning, less strategy, less mind stuff, more intuition and understanding of what you really are. More trust in the universe that you don't need to plan your life. Feel free to ignore my advice too, it really doesn't matter. Whoever is meant to read these posts on here and be rattled enough, then the job is done.

Yeah your right, nothing matters. Why go to school, why get a job, why try to learn anything new? Maybe we should all become rapists and murders because nothing matters. Now I know why this planet is in such bad shape.

Ask someone in their 50's or 60's on oxygen and can hardly walk if they should have started smoking.

Back
Top Bottom