Fallout 76 - New Game Teased By Bethesda

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
A new game in the Fallout franchise, named Fallout 76, has been announced. however with no information and only a video.

On the Fallout wiki there is some additional information to be found about vault 76.

More information.

Pointless vid. I bet it's either a fault survival game or some type of MMO

Pushing Fallout into an online universe would absolutely kill any interest I might ever have in the project. I'm hoping for a return to glory, maybe they'll follow proven successful games like the first two Fallout projects.

Haven't played Fallout 4, so I don't know if this is indicative of anything or not, but...

Did they have colour TV in any of the other Fallout games?

Who knows it might be a proper spin-off like Fallout:NV.:fingerscrossed:

In other news the Project California expansion mod for NV is getting a release date.

Link - https://www.moddb.com/mods/falloutp...lout-new-california-state-of-the-mod-may-2018
Fallout: New California adds an all new story around a new player character, an adopted resident of Vault 18, embarking on a journey through the wastelands of the New California Republic's Cajon Pass. An unofficial prequel to New Vegas, FPB adds hours of new gameplay and a fully voiced stand alone campaign.

I don't know, the more I think about it and realize what kind of game designer Bethesda really is, the more I think it will just serve as an expansion to Fallout the fourth. Which would absolutely suck.

I would not mind some kind of new Fallout Tactics game but even more Xcom like.

But with battle royale craze going around, it is probably that.

10 bucks on Fallout Battle Royale :D

Other than some rock music, the seventies were pretty lame. But it would make sense to jump ahead if the primary mission is to rebuild civilization. Where is everyone getting the MMO from? Looks kind of like a teaser trailer for an actual sequel.

"Fallout 76, a new Fallout game that got an unexpected teaser trailer today, references one of the many fictitious vaults of the post-apocalyptic series’ canon. This one is Vault 76, which meticulous Fallout fans may remember being mentioned in passing in 2008’s Fallout 3.

In that game, inside the Citadel (the headquarters of the Brotherhood of Steel and staging area for the final missions of the main story) is a Vault-Tec terminal. Vault 76 is located in Virginia (or perhaps now West Virginia, given that the teaser trailer is set to “Take Me Home, Country Roads”).

As noted by Fallout wiki Nukapedia, Vault 76 is one of 17 “control vaults,” as opposed to the experimental vaults, where Vault-Tec was observing human behavior under other introduced conditions. In the teaser trailer, Vault 76 appears to be tasked with rebuilding the Wasteland and restoring civil order to it."

and EDIT: "Vault 76 is the "Missing vault" mentioned in Mothership Zeta"

Other than some rock music, the seventies were pretty lame. But it would make sense to jump ahead if the primary mission is to rebuild civilization. Where is everyone getting the MMO from? Looks kind of like a teaser trailer for an actual sequel.
We have three threads for this game active. Here are two posts,

Link - https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1061506325&postcount=20

Link - https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1061506326&postcount=21

I only knew Interstate 76 so far ... And the 70s as an age anyway ...

Fuck Fallout 76. Fuck Bethesda. I won't be playing this crap.
Good for you.

As I mentioned in the other thread, this looks like a vault management game to, something like Shelter with 3D graphics. If so, I'm not interested. If it's something else but online it could be interesting, but I'll wait and see. All in all, besides the game having something to do with vault 76, we know nothing more than we did at the start of the stream.

Buncha negative nancy's.

I'd bet my hat it's a standalone thing like New Vegas was. Set in the mountains & forests of Virgina. And if it doesn't have friggin settlement building as a core part of the game I'll buy it (eventually, on sale, after all the DLC is out, etc).

But yeah if it's an online or shelter management game then no thanks.

Interesting news. I'd like to play a next chapter in Fallout world.

If it is a standalone like NV and does feature settlement building, I'm buying immediately! To each his own.

*sigh*

So many people are crying and over what? A 40 seconds teaser that says absolutely nothing about the game?

Fallout 3 retains much of the systems of past Fallout games successfully, they tried something different with Fallout 4 and that is Ok. Can't live in the past. It was still a good action RPG, even if a simple one at times. Still, the survival mode was fantastic.

So maybe wait a bit before crying like bitches?

Going by another forum, someone last December talked about Fallout 76 on 4chan and he said it was a Rust-clone which would make this a PvP survival game.

*Pass*

Back
Top Bottom