Technical issues - Page 4 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Piranha Bytes » Elex » Technical issues

Default Technical issues

October 28th, 2017, 10:33
I am having weird bug where NPC has disappeared from the world. I am right on the spot where quest marker says they are supposed to be but they are not there. Its the same spot as where I got the quets from but when I return NPC is not there.

Only way to get them back is to go to previous save. I tried like moving time forward but they don't come back. Teleport to some where else and come back, they are still not there etc.

lostforever

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

October 28th, 2017, 13:42
Originally Posted by booboo View Post
Interesting! I also see there is a crafting skill that can be upgraded? Perhaps if you put a skill point in that you can use a gem on single + item? The game really needs some documentation.
The only crafting skill is under personality as far as I know and all those skills (combat, survival, crafting) are just to up their number so you can pass dialog checks.

BrianOConnell

Watchdog
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
+1:

October 28th, 2017, 23:56
Originally Posted by booboo View Post
I'm confused by this - the weapon I tried to upgrade has a "+" on it, which usually means a socket? Or does that mean I have to upgrade it to ad a socket? But if I click upgrade, it seems to upgrade to a weapon with 2 +'s and I can no longer use it (since the attribute requirements jumped about 20 a points).

EDIT: just checked - the weapon, serrated axe 1, states that it can be upgraded with a gem. But even though i have 4, the slots are still not selectable.
No, + simply means that it's an upgrade over a plain version of the weapon. Upgradable weapons can go all the way to +++, and are among the most powerful in the game.

Weapon level gives no indication of sockets. Only if you can see a specific "Sockets" section with empty sockets under the requirements in the weapon description can it actually be socketed. Most weapons can't.

You can add a socket to a weapon with the appropriate faction skill (weapon smith related), but that comes as an alternative to turning the weapon into an elemental weapon, which is far, far stronger.

Maylander

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Maylander

October 30th, 2017, 12:28
I know bugs re few and far between, but I wouldn't mind the game being a bit more polished before I play it for real.

It looks like it will be very enjoyable, as it already even is in its current state, but I mostly bought it new to support PB.

I will leave it in the oven to cook a while longer I think and I will go and play D:OS as I had originally planned.

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Pladio

October 30th, 2017, 12:34
Bug: If you drink elex potion via hotbar nothing happens! You only get stats, if you drink it via the menu.

lostforever

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

October 30th, 2017, 12:58
Originally Posted by Maylander View Post
No, + simply means that it's an upgrade over a plain version of the weapon. Upgradable weapons can go all the way to +++, and are among the most powerful in the game.

Weapon level gives no indication of sockets. Only if you can see a specific "Sockets" section with empty sockets under the requirements in the weapon description can it actually be socketed. Most weapons can't.

You can add a socket to a weapon with the appropriate faction skill (weapon smith related), but that comes as an alternative to turning the weapon into an elemental weapon, which is far, far stronger.
Yeah, I eventually figure out + didn't relate to sockets at all. There are very few gems in the world, I have only found 1st tier ones, and managed to find 4 of one type so I could upgrade it. The impact is underwhelming - they really should have scattered them more liberally around the world. I'm 60 hours into the game and have explored extensively.

booboo

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)

November 27th, 2017, 23:20
At some point in time, reading books, etc, stopped giving me XP.

Anyone know of a fix?

Thrasher

Wheeee!

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

November 28th, 2017, 12:08
Originally Posted by Thrasher View Post
At some point in time, reading books, etc, stopped giving me XP.

Anyone know of a fix?
AFAIK, it's part of the wonderful UI that you're not necessarily informed about these XP gains. At least, I've heard that you DO gain XP from books - you just don't see it.

Not sure, though.

NewDArt

Mentioned: Post(s)
+1:

November 28th, 2017, 14:53
Yeah, it works as intended, you're just not seeing it.

It's because the "+10" or whatever XP amount, isn't shown onscreen at the same time as what you're reading. You can test this by immediately right clicking to close the book, etc, after you've opened it, and you'll see the XP before it fades off the screen.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
+1:

November 28th, 2017, 23:16
Alright. Strange one. Thanks!

Last night I saw some xp for books, because they only had a single number in them and I closed them quickly. LOL!

Thrasher

Wheeee!

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

December 3rd, 2017, 18:19
Open the book quickly and close, you'll see the notification. Re-open to read.

The XP also always works even if you don't do that and don't see the notification.

Deleted User

Mentioned: Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Piranha Bytes » Elex » Technical issues