Legrand Legacy

trespasser

Watcher
So, there's this indie JRPG Legrand Legacy by an Indonesian studio I think. It's pretty cool. A blend of old school and modern JRPG mechanics. It has a few flaws but overall it's a decent game. Heard about it?

Yeah - one of the developers even popped by. It's still on my Steam wish list!

Oh wow, now here's some interesting news on the LL front: they are re-writing it. (Or at least the story.)
https://steamcommunity.com/games/556740/announcements/detail/1678036381650536586

Many of you noted Legrand’s opening section was a little too wordy and some of you gave us a real dressing down about some of our characters and their attitude problems. Seriously, poor Aria hasn’t recovered from her adventure to our reviews sections.

I have a friend that turned me on to this game, but I've not purchased it as of yet. Might have to grab it and just let it sit patiently in line until I can take a proper gander at it. Maybe even before Shining Force the second.

I've considered picking this one up during the sale for Steam, but I'll most likely wait for a discount to appear on good old games, especially since it seems that a re-write for the game is forthcoming.

Looks good but as long as the QTE is there I'm not really interested.

This ain't your father's quick time events. Or, well, maybe it is if your father played Shadow Hearts back in the day.

Here's a quick review from... uhhh… some guy. It talks about the battle system about a minute and a half in.

(Actually, it looks pretty simple compared to Shadow Hearts which had you hitting up to five areas in a ring. Certain nasty spells would make your ring spin backwards, messing with the timing you've built up over the course of the game - or even make it invisible so you ONLY had the timing you've built up over the course of the game!)

QTE is QTE, if I have to press a button or series of buttons to perform an action in a turn based game then I don't like it. I did play the Shadow Hearts series and liked it in spite of the QTE, but Gladius had an option where you could disable the QTEs, it was a trade-off as if you mastered the QTEs you could hit criticals every attack, but I disabled them, it is the character the one with 18 Dexterity, not me.

QTE is QTE, if I have to press a button or series of buttons to perform an action in a turn based game then I don't like it.
It's not. There is a difference.
With outdated QTE you see what key to press (or mushroom to move) while with "modern" QTE you need to stare at darksouls everspawning trashmobs and wait till they "telegraph" their move before you take some action.

What's the same is you need no skill or brqainwork, just follow a machine code. Pretend you're a coded bot from MMOs that ruins others' games.

Well the game is quite good overall. The combat is fun, but the difficulty is that well balanced. It spikes suddenly at some points in the story. Also, the character development is soooo bad. The story has it's fair share of surprises and the soundtrack is superb too

Back
Top Bottom