Bethesda Softworks - Fallout Style Countdown Timer - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Bethesda Softworks - Fallout Style Countdown Timer

Default Bethesda Softworks - Fallout Style Countdown Timer

February 26th, 2019, 00:44
AltChar reports on a fallout style countdown timer on Amazon that unlocks december this year.

Well, as much as this may surprise some players, it looks like Bethesda are actually working on another Fallout game. The leak to support this claim comes from Twitter user Wario64 who found Bethesda placeholders on Amazon with a Fallout-style countdown timer video.

The three placeholders are set for three platforms - PC, Xbox One and PlayStation and they currently have 31 December 2019 placeholder date. There are also standard, deluxe and collector's editions listed under every platform along with a $60 price tag which is, again, Amazon's placeholder info.

[…]
More information.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)

February 26th, 2019, 01:04
Hope it's a Fallout RPG and not another side project or something different.
--
"Remember EA thinks Single-player games are dead & gamers are all basically idiots."

Check out my news Thread it's updated weekly.

Couchpotato

Anti-EA Supporter

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)

February 26th, 2019, 01:22
Loot boxes destroyed civilization. It's up to you to go around and empty them all out so that history doesn't repeat itself.

rjshae

Periapt vs Paronomasia
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

February 26th, 2019, 01:27
It's FO3 ported to Nintendo Gameboy.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 145 Post(s)

February 26th, 2019, 03:51
An RPG in the setting of the Fallout games might actually be really interesting!

Moorkh

little backer that could
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

February 26th, 2019, 05:48
Hardly rocket science.

Fallout 76, Private Server/Modding Edition. They're on record saying it'd be approximately one year for custom mod support.

Drithius

Laughing Gnome

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)

February 26th, 2019, 06:16
Originally Posted by Drithius View Post
Hardly rocket science.

Fallout 76, Private Server/Modding Edition. They're on record saying it'd be approximately one year for custom mod support.
That would be stupid to relaunch the same game again. A patch to add servers/modding is all you should need. I can just imagine having to re-buy the game instead.
--
"Remember EA thinks Single-player games are dead & gamers are all basically idiots."

Couchpotato

Anti-EA Supporter

February 26th, 2019, 06:19
Originally Posted by Drithius View Post
Hardly rocket science.

All future content for Fallout 76 will be free and they've said it a million times. People have the memory of a goldfish. They announced Wolfenstein Youngblood last year for release in 2019. The Amazon page for it now is a placeholder. This is just going to be the official announcement along with the release date and the different editions. It's not Bethesda Game Studios and we already know their next two projects and that they are many years away. This is Bethesda Softworks, the publisher and has nothing to do with the devs that make Elder Scrolls and Fallout.

Loveblanket

Traveler

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

February 26th, 2019, 08:38

A goldfish you say?

Besides, if I were a Bethesda bean counter and saw the PR debacle of Fallout '76, I would either a) abandon it and cut your losses or b) brand it as something entirely new when a previously planned tech add-on hits.

Drithius

Laughing Gnome

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)

February 26th, 2019, 08:43
Possibly the long rumored Fallout 3 remaster? I remember hearing that this would be announced at E3 last year and it obviously never was. IF and it's a big IF that's what this is I'm hoping it will be a Fallout 3 AND New Vegas Remaster since they use the same engine. I'm not going to hold my breath though.

Gabriel

Watchdog
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

February 26th, 2019, 08:51
Very bad timing if it is a new Fallout game or a remaster edition. With all the negative blowback and the fiasco from Fallout 76 fresh in gamers minds.
--
To check out my games library, and see what recent games I'm playing, visit my steam profile! -- http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197982351404

Arkadia7

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

February 26th, 2019, 09:06
Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
Possibly the long rumored Fallout 3 remaster? I remember hearing that this would be announced at E3 last year and it obviously never was. IF and it's a big IF that's what this is I'm hoping it will be a Fallout 3 AND New Vegas Remaster since they use the same engine. I'm not going to hold my breath though.
I briefly had the same thought, but I can't see them setting up a countdown that far ahead just for a remaster.

And if it is, there's no way FO:NV would be included. That's not their game.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)

February 26th, 2019, 10:11
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
I briefly had the same thought, but I can't see them setting up a countdown that far ahead just for a remaster.
I dunno, I think F3 is still pretty highly regarded inside Bethesda. F3 and Skyrim were massive hits that pretty much made the company into the behemoth (for good or bad) that it is today. Despite them not releasing sales numbers I think F3 wouldn't be too far behind F4 despite todays market being so much larger than when F3 was released. Fallout 4, while it shipped (vs sales) more boxes than Skyrim in it's first few months (over 12 million copies), still has unsold copies in my local gamestore that they just can't sell.

Still, you are probably right.
--
Favourite RPGs of all time: Wizardry 6, Ultima 7/7.2, Fallout2, Planescape Torment, Baldurs Gate 2+TOB, Jagged Alliance 2, Ravenloft: The stone prophet, Gothic 2, Realms of Arkania:Blade of destiny (not the HD version!!) and Secret of the Silver Blades.

bjon045

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

February 26th, 2019, 16:01
Looks like we've plenty of time to speculate on what this might actually be. I'm keeping my expectations low, however.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)

February 26th, 2019, 18:43
If the Fallout 76 participation was very low, it might make sense to repurpose the asset as a SP game. Seems unlikely though.

rjshae

Periapt vs Paronomasia
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

February 26th, 2019, 18:45
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Hope it's a Fallout RPG and not another side project or something different.
i really dont care anymore. fallout 3 made me angry. guess times heal all wounds
--
Everyone thinks i am crazy, but i am just adjusting to my environment.

ikbenrichard

Fulltime RPGWatcher
Original Sin 2 Donor

February 26th, 2019, 19:41
Count me in the I don't care group… too many other good games from smaller devs clogging my queue.

And if it turns out to be something great, awesome, I'll play it. But until there's an actual game out there, my reaction is mostly to shrug.

SSIGuy

An Islander Returned

February 26th, 2019, 19:48
Unfortunately Bethesda is the only developer who can make Fallout games so I do care. I may hate what they done with recent games, but I love the IP and setting.

In the meantime a few free expansions are still in development.
--

Couchpotato

Anti-EA Supporter

February 26th, 2019, 19:59
Fallout: Miami shared a new video back in January.

loading…

Fallout Cascadia get updates on Facebook.

Link- https://www.facebook.com/falloutcascadia/

loading…

Fallout New Vegas: The Frontier looked promising but might be stalled or halted.

Link - https://www.falloutthefrontier.com/

loading…
--

Couchpotato

Anti-EA Supporter

February 26th, 2019, 21:07
Hope it is Fallout related. I don't get all the hate for 76, sure its got its performance issues , which they are constantly working on and improving, but having clocked up so far just over 200 hrs and looking at the impressive road map ahead, i'm glad i'm along for the ride.

skally_wag

Sentinel

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Bethesda Softworks - Fallout Style Countdown Timer