Can I kill creatures in chapter 1 that are involved in quests in a later chapter? - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Piranha Bytes » Gothic 1/2 » Can I kill creatures in chapter 1 that are involved in quests in a later chapter?

Default Can I kill creatures in chapter 1 that are involved in quests in a later chapter?

April 4th, 2016, 10:23
Can I kill creatures that are involved in quests in a later chapter? They would need to respawn for the quest in the later chapter. Eg. The black goblins near the bloodhounds and lizards. Can I kill them in chapter 1 and then they'll respawn for the chapter when you get the quest? This example might not be possible because they're so strong and there are so many but it's just an example. Another example would be the troll at the top of the hill north of the Old Camp. The quest to kill him is in chapter 4, I think. What happens if I kill him before that?

locutus

Watcher

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

April 4th, 2016, 20:28
This time I'm not sure. Creatures relevant to solve the game will certainly respawn, but I don't know about the others.

Gorath

Prime Evil
RPGWatch Team
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

April 6th, 2016, 07:59
My guess is that either the creatures will respawn or the quest will be marked as completed as soon as you receive it.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)

April 6th, 2016, 11:11
My bet is on the latter: you'll be able to complete the quest as soon as you receive it. That's how it works in G3 for sure, though granted, that game does not have the same chapter setup as G1/G2.
--
Exitus acta probat.

wiretripped

Machiavellian
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

April 6th, 2016, 12:58
I thought creatures all respawn at the beginning of a new chapter in Gothic 1 & 2.

"Do the monsters respawn from time to time, or will the world be empty at some point? They do. A respawn generally happens when you finish one chapter of the game. So the world won't be empty."

http://www.worldofgothic.com/gothic/?go=g1faq

greywolf00

Keeper of the Watch
RPGWatch Donor

April 6th, 2016, 14:14
I don't think they all respawn though. Only a select mob here and there.
--
Exitus acta probat.

wiretripped

Machiavellian
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

June 15th, 2019, 12:05
I dont think mobs respawn, they just spawn some more each chapter…Meaning that if there were 3 mobs in ch1 in ch2 there will be 2 more. If you killed the original 3 then only the 2 wil be there. So to the goblin question - i think you can kill them, but there will spawn some more. The troll will respawn i think…

Zaciss

Traveler

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

July 4th, 2019, 02:53
Sooo…did locutus ever found Ahmed?
--
Rush in and die, dogs…I was a man before I was a king.

BoboTheMighty

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Piranha Bytes » Gothic 1/2 » Can I kill creatures in chapter 1 that are involved in quests in a later chapter?