Interesting resources for game development and study - Page 3 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Interesting resources for game development and study

Default Interesting resources for game development and study

June 19th, 2019, 18:01
Yeah, man. I know what means. I've been doing smileys since they had noses. ;-)

No more? Well, now what will we talk about?! Might be time for Ep 7 of that Refn puppet show.

I wonder how Darts project is going. Maybe he'll come back with a grand announcement soon?

SirJames

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)

June 19th, 2019, 18:08
Well, that's why I started this thread as being about resources and possibly interesting things in game development. It wasn't my intention to make it about my project, as such. You see, if I ever managed to get it to the point of doing something with it, I wouldn't present it as this avatar. I'd do it through a different and strictly professional identity.
--
"Where can the horizon lie, when a nation hides its organic minds in a cellar, dark and grim? They must be very dim." David Bowie, All the Madmen (1970)

Ripper

Ngikufisela iwela

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)

June 19th, 2019, 18:18
Well, it's your thread, it's about game development. I'm just combining the two. I find most people here don't like talking about games as much as their opinion about games. A game people don't like is often more interesting a discussion than one they do. Sometimes it almost feels like all we really need these days in comments is a bunch of canned responses that automatically appear with each post for people to Like.

It's not as bad as reddit, though, with its downvoting. Free speech is so fucking dead.

Anyway, don't you think you should announce here with the avatar people know? I'd probably ignore the post if it was from a 1 post user but I might buy a game I don't want just because it's Ripper.

SirJames

SasqWatch

June 19th, 2019, 18:27
Well, that's very nice of you. As a rule though, I have strict separation between online shenanigans, and my real world self. Anything I put out as myself goes through a very strict mental PR department - but the stuff I put on here… not so much.

If I get to that point, I would retire this account, and start a new one. I wouldn't have a situation where I had essentially a sock puppet account touting something, while I'm still around. That would be questionable conduct, I think, and not cool.
--
"Where can the horizon lie, when a nation hides its organic minds in a cellar, dark and grim? They must be very dim." David Bowie, All the Madmen (1970)

Ripper

Ngikufisela iwela

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)

June 19th, 2019, 18:36
Yeah, I'm the same. I see your profile is as bare as mine. :-)

SirJames

SasqWatch

+1:
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Interesting resources for game development and study