Hopes for Enhanced Edition? - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Larian Studios » Divinity Original Sin » Hopes for Enhanced Edition?

Default Hopes for Enhanced Edition?

May 28th, 2015, 15:50
I loved the original, but it wasn't perfect.

I would love to see the weresheep quest redone. I thought ithe writing was rather disappointing and the fight was very tedious.

What else?

Lynchden

Watchdog
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

May 28th, 2015, 16:18
NPC schedules! Day-night cycles!

(One can hope, right?)
--
Exitus acta probat.

wiretripped

Machiavellian
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

+1:

June 11th, 2015, 18:29
They already promised more character building options. That was the #1 reason why I never played the game for more than 10 hours.

I want to build diverse characters again like we did in DivDiv and Div2.

Sacred_Path

Mentioned: Post(s)

June 12th, 2015, 12:18
New stealth animations, new way of handling backstab in the UI, new powers/skills, decent voice-acting, 4-player cooperative mode, hand-placed loot, and more

DArtagnan

Mentioned: Post(s)

June 12th, 2015, 15:08
Wouldnīt change a single major thing when it comes to Cyseal since I remember it as an all around excellent experience.

Afterwards, though, the winter land excepted, the game went steadily (and quite sharply) downhill so what I hope for is a big overhaul of the gameīs second and third acts.

The aspects I hope will improve the most are writing, encounter design and, to a slightly lesser degree, quest design and puzzles.

writing - while I donīt think D:OS pulled off the humorous stuff as successfully as DKS and perhaps went a bit overboard with the frequency, I still found it entertaining for most of the time and the generally lighter tone is something I enjoyed the game for, itīs mostly the serious moments, including pretty much the whole last 1/3 of the main story, which I remember as leaving a lot to be desired, and the joinable companions whose writing felt like an afterthought (havenīt played with the later added ones though)

encounter design - less encounters, more uniqueness please

quest design - donīt remember much details, but I do remember wishing for more C&C in general (in particular when it comes to the last actīs town which I remember as a missed opportunity in this regard) and more involvement of NPC dialogues in quest solutions (particularly in act 2 where the NPC aspect didnīt feel appropriately fleshed out)

puzzles - donīt remember much details here either, but better telegraphing in some places and less reliance on pixel hunting in general would be nice

When it comes to act-independent stuff, I really hope the character system gets infused with a wealth of high level abilities (ideally coming hand-in-hand with encounter design accounting for them) since these were almost non-existent in the original. Iīd also certainly welcome a significant increase of hand placed loot.

As a minor thing, Iīd like combat tracks to be picked based on relative difficulty of encounters, at least when it comes to one particular bombastic track pulled from DKS which felt wholly inappropriate when played during easy encounters .

There are also a few things I hope wonīt change much - Iīve found the gameīs combat system to be pretty much the best turn based iteration in cRPG to date so I hope thereīs no radical change to its basics and I also hope the enhanced version in general remains as refreshingly handholding-free as the original.
Last edited by DeepO; June 13th, 2015 at 13:17.

DeepO

deep outside

RPGWatch Forums » Games » Larian Studios » Divinity Original Sin » Hopes for Enhanced Edition?