General News - Believable Open Worlds in RPGs

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Click4Gameplay shares his thoughts about believable open worlds in RPGs:

Believable Open Worlds in RPGs

Creating believable worlds in RPGs, or games in general is not an easy task. It's also hard to define what this actually means, and it can be really subjective.
More information.

In a game, suspension of disbelief coming from gameplay, the believability of an open world in a true, real RPG is expected to be truly, really subjective.

In a game, suspension of disbelief coming from gameplay, the believability of an open world in a true, real RPG is expected to be truly, really subjective.

Man, your sentence has the syntax and semantic content of a bad neural network.
In fact lets test that theory using a neural network at https://talktotransformer.com

"Believable open worlds in RPGs" produces the following,

means different things to different people, and for me, what's good is feeling like I've stepped out into a fantastical land, looking at something that's unfamiliar and bringing back memories of being there. I love this feeling, and one thing that always made me really angry about games with too many different worlds was a lack of depth, or lack of what you might call real world style, where I'm in a bustling city, at a party with people I know, and they have an impressive chest of drawers full of stuff. Just throwing around abstract ideas.

So I would argue a neural network has better syntax than your sentence. Yes. Yes! I went there.

Man, your sentence has the syntax and semantic content of a bad neural network.
Syntax_error.JPG

Back
Top Bottom