Kingmaker "Beneath the Stolen Lands" DLC Delayed

Pathfinder: Kingmaker
P

purpleblob

Owlcat Games announced that the 3rd DLC for Pathfinder has been delayed by a month. To tide us over, they also decide to share a number of screenshots for the DLC.

Dear Pathfinders,

Not every day brings good news, and, unfortunately, today is one of those other days. We regret to inform you that, after much consideration, we’ve decided to postpone the release of our 3rd DLC, “Beneath The Stolen Lands”, by around a month.

Multiple factors have influenced this decision. We don’t have much experience with procedurally generated dungeons, and the game’s engine wasn’t originally built to support such content. Our goal – to make the DLC endlessly repeatable –demands that we hit a high standard of replayability, and that puts additional pressure on our game designers. Last but not least, we feel that we need to make more time for testing and quality assurance.

All in all, this is a rather ambitious project for us, and we want to make sure we deliver an experience that is worthy of our players’ attention. We sincerely apologize for this delay, and we hope that you understand our reasons.

To soften the blow and share our progress with you, here’s a little sneak peek inside the mysterious underground dungeon we’ve been building all this time. We hope you like what you see!

Sincerely,
Owlcats.

You can see the revealed screenshots by the link: https://steamcommunity.com/gid/10358...46286024220422

https://owlcatgames.com/forums/showthread.php?6247-Any-news-about-DLC3

Not a problem as I wasn't that interested in this DLC like the last two.

I think the delay is a wise decision - really want Owlcat to have a bug free release this time.

I'm curious how much I will enjoy the 3rd DLC. I think its awesome that Owlcats are trying different things for each DLC - good chance to gain variety of experience for their sequel/Pathfinder 2.

The wise decision would be an announcement of Pathfinder 2 before E3. Any news saying "DLC" cannot be wise.

The wise decision would be an announcement of Pathfinder 2 before E3. Any news saying "DLC" cannot be wise.

I wouldn't mind if they add more content to Kingmaker. I'd rather Owlcats take time making decision on which AP they will work with and release another gem (hopefully, not a flawed gem this time) using experience they gained with Kingmaker.

I have a feeling Beneath the Stolen Lands will be the last DLC for Kingmaker as the developer will start focusing on the sequel, and devout all resources to that game.

Also hope the next game has better DLC. :(

It wasn't bad it just wast all that meaty. If I had to say it Varnhold's Lot was the only DLC that actually added more game content. Here is what I mean in short detail.

Wildcard = A new Companion
Varnhold's Lot = Added a whole new mini-campaign
Beneath the Stolen Lands = Random unending dungeon

I suppose most logical thing Owlcat can do right now is to capitalize on relatively well working engine either by creating additional content for Kingmaker or by starting new game development based on it.

It would be great if they started to work on next Pathfinder game asap. Suppose it will depend on funds. If they need additional revenue, or they believe profit can be squeezed from it, its likely they will go first for more Kingmaker content.

I'm very interested in this DLC. Don't mind waiting as I still have my chapter 5 save. :) Hope it can be integrated easily into the campaign without having to restart or anything.

I suppose most logical thing Owlcat can do right now is to capitalize on relatively well working engine either by creating additional content for Kingmaker or by starting new game development based on it.

It would be great if they started to work on next Pathfinder game asap. Suppose it will depend on funds. If they need additional revenue, or they believe profit can be squeezed from it, its likely they will go first for more Kingmaker content.
They are working on a sequel it's probably in pre-production right now based on the links posted by purpleblob. It's just not ready to share with the public yet. Which is normal.

Some information regarding the DLC 3: Under The Stolen Lands:

* It is set in a Cave, under the stolen lands. The Cave constantly rearranges itself in what is called an "Endless Dungeon."
* Story Content is minimal and atmospheric centered around an end boss. I've been told by reliable sources that the end boss is apparently "really epic in scale."
* You can access the endless dungeon with your main character in "Campaign" mode, or start a new character to explore it from the main menu in "Standalone" Mode.
* This is likely to be the last DLC for the game.
* The Level Cap for this DLC is 20.
* From the Main Menu you start the dungeon in Standalone Mode at level 1. Campaign mode starting level is not yet clear.
* The Party Cap is 6, same as the main game.
* Default mode for Standalone DLC is Last Azlanti.
* Camping will take time in Campaign mode. Standalone has NO time limits.
* Standalone Mode is a Rogue-Iike experience.
* When restarting with a New party after dying in Standalone Mode, you will start with certain boons.
*There will be checkpoints so you don't need to run through 10 minutes of empty dungeons.
* There will be some new enemies.
* The final Boss is also a new enemy.
* New Items and Loot. Including weapon categories.

Really lame that these DLC's are separate from the main game, i'd never be interested in playing something like that, don't really see the point. It could better serve as a free-to-play demo perhaps for people who don't know if they'd like the game or not.

Really lame that these DLC's are separate from the main game, i'd never be interested in playing something like that, don't really see the point. It could better serve as a free-to-play demo perhaps for people who don't know if they'd like the game or not.

Uh.. you can access the DLC from the main game.

DLC #1 add a companion in the main game.
DLC #2 starts off as a stand alone then can be imported into the main game for some additional content
DLC #3 can be played as a stand alone or as a part of the main game.

Not usual, I agree with vurt. Although I wrote before, never hurts to remind.

DLC#1 messes the main game completely, it's not a story critical ME3 Prothean NPC cutout but is still a major content that should have never been DLC gamechanger.

DLC#2 has almost no impact on the main game really (okay there is that OP item, but it's not that you can't find equally good ones in the vanilla game), but is linear low quality trash. If it was post main game content, would feel a bit better.

DLC#3 I'll buy like never. When I need some random generator fix, I fly to Vegas and knock myself out on slotmachines. Or, even more effective as I don't have to pay for plane ticket, install any phonegame then bleed my wallet dry on gambling with lootboxes. Figuratively speaking.

Uh.. you can access the DLC from the main game.

DLC #1 add a companion in the main game.
DLC #2 starts off as a stand alone then can be imported into the main game for some additional content
DLC #3 can be played as a stand alone or as a part of the main game.

So there's actually an DLC which you are supposed to start before the main game? Really weird but ok…

How do you play DLC3 as a part of the main game? You don't need to start the DLC from the main menu to use it? edit: ok, read the description now :"wait for the invitation" seems weird though, "endless rogue-like dungeon", doesn't seem to fit in that well with the main game?

Last edited:
So there's actually an DLC which you are supposed to start before the main game? Really weird but ok…

How do you play DLC3 as a part of the main game? You don't need to start the DLC from the main menu to use it? edit: ok, read the description now :"wait for the invitation" seems weird though, "endless rogue-like dungeon", doesn't seem to fit in that well with the main game?

DLC3 actually has "end boss" but I've only played it as a stand alone so unsure how it works as part of the main game - from what I read, its accessible from chapter 2, and you can only deal with each of 4 mini bosses per chapter (so, 2 to 5) then face the final boss in the later (6 I guess?) chapters.

Last edited:
Funny you mention this DLC; i'm playing kingmaker for the first time and ran into it by accident during chapter 2; wouldn't have realized it was the dlc if not for this thread. Alas at level 4 i'm finding it too difficulit and think i will run with my tail between my legs; oh wait maybe that is biomutant; i guess i'll just run and forget the tail.

Funny you mention this DLC; i'm playing kingmaker for the first time and ran into it by accident during chapter 2; wouldn't have realized it was the dlc if not for this thread. Alas at level 4 i'm finding it too difficulit and think i will run with my tail between my legs; oh wait maybe that is biomutant; i guess i'll just run and forget the tail.

Yeah, I think the DLC dungeon will be tad too tough for the level 4 :p Hope you are enjoying Kingmaker!

Back
Top Bottom