Couch Co-Operative games

2-player co-op games :

- Hunted (Bethesda)
- Dungeon Siege III (Square Enix / Obsidian)
- The Cursed Crusade (dtp)

2-player co-op games :

- Hunted (Bethesda)
- Dungeon Siege III (Square Enix / Obsidian)
- The Cursed Crusade (dtp)

Thanks for these suggestions. In general I am not fond of split-screen co-op but I might look into these anyway. The Cursed Crusade isn't released yet and Dungeon Siege III is a game I plan to play regardless whether or not I play it co-op.

Speaking of 2-player coop we recently tried Bionic Commando Rearmed, Shadowgrounds and Alien Breed Impact. Turns out Alien Breed Impact didn't have couch co-op mode on PC which was sad. Shadowgrounds had terrible controls and was a nightmare to get running with 360 pads.

Bionic Commando Rearmed
Bionic Commando Rearmed worked great for 2 players, even if it was hard.
This is how a remake should be done.

The only recent one I know of is the Lara Croft Guardian of Light thingy - but since this thread is for 3+ players - it's out.

I have suggested this but a friend blocks it because he is "allergic to Tomb Raider". I find that kind of prejudice kinda sad.

What about the Alien Breed games? Only 2?

No support for couch Co-Op on PC, only on other platforms.

Ikaruga (for Xbox 360 (downloadable)/GC (and thus Wii) can be played in 2 player co-op. The game is challenging alone (though not the hardest game of its type), but together it becomes insanely hard, as you can push each other by mistake (that might have been because my friends are horrible at these types of games ;) ). Overall I would highly recommend this game if you have the slightest interest in vertically scrolling shooters, as it is one of the best games of its genre. Sadly no 3-player support though.

Time splitters series (PS2/GC (wii)) also offers a solid co-op mode. At least the GC version of Time splitters 2 & 3 only offers 2player co-op, but what is there is really good. The 3rd game in the series also offers a large amount of silly minigames and a surprisingly solid deathmatch mode (and even if you have absolutely no interest in these things, the core campaigns are good enough to make the games well worth their price).

Taito Legends 1 & 2 (PC, Xbox & PS2) both offers a lot of great arcade classics, many of which has co-op modes. At least the two PC versions contain a bubble bobble game each, and who does not love bubble bobble?

*edit*
Blood bowl (PC) offers 2 player hot seat. If you decide to get this game, get the legendary edition, as it offers more teams (20, vs 9 in the original).

Last edited:
We tried Dungeon Siege III co-op today, and it worked very well. My friend was playing the warrior and I played the riflewoman.

Last edited:
I found out today that in there are not only one, but several games out there - but only in Spanish. This seems to be one the only one ? which is localized.

Back
Top Bottom