The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

In april we could celebrate to anniversaries. First: It's 40 years since the release of Supertramp's "Even in the Quietest Moments". Here's:

pibbur won't hide in anyone's shell. Or ….

And here's another anniversary: 45 years since "Three Friends" by Gentle Giant.

This is the artist:

And this is the (very beautiful) end:

I recommend all songs on it, you'll find them on youtube of course (unfortunately there's a tribute band called "Thrfee Friends", so I'll give you the links):

The Prologue
School Days
Working all day
Mr. Class and Quality

pibbur who thinks GG got too little attention

At the risk of heresy, unlike MBV and some other reforms they haven't just reproduced the sound from 20 years ago. They have taken that and built on it in a non-destructive manner - just awesome.

At the risk of heresy, unlike MBV and some other reforms they haven't just reproduced the sound from 20 years ago. They have taken that and built on it in a non-destructive manner - just awesome.

Wow. One of the few bands of the era that came back with an album that feels fresh and relevant. I've been following Neil Halstead and his band Mojave 3 for years, and they've never made a bad record, IMO. It all feels like a natural evolution, with many elements of his later work added to the Slowdive sound.

Amazing performance from the Eurovision final (interlude during the voting phase). Female stormtroopers playing the flute, horse hair drums and other assorted wackiness.

Last edited:
One of my favourite Floyd pieces, sadly only played live and released on compiltation albums:

Very long, this one. I don't know if it's several performances mixed together. And I don't know where the video comes from. Still worth listening to.

Some of you may recognize parts from "Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving with a Pict". The did occasionally use that when performing the Embryo.

pibbur who first saw the sunshine more than 62 years ago, and now sees it only occasionally, due to the climate where he lives. And his gaming habits.

A Floyd classic, and one of my absolute favourites: "Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun". Here comes the Sun, 4 different versions:

Pink Floyd in '72:

Roger Waters in 2006:

And in 2016:

And finally, a cover version by Office of Strategic Influence AKA OSI:

Mike Portnoy on drums.

pibbur who probably prefers the eerie Pompeii version.

Last edited:
The Song of Durin by Clamavi De Profundis

One of my favourite Floyd pieces, sadly only played live and released on compiltation albums:

Very long, this one. I don't know if it's several performances mixed together. And I don't know where the video comes from. Still worth listening to.

Some of you may recognize parts from "Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving with a Pict". The did occasionally use that when performing the Embryo.

pibbur who first saw the sunshine more than 62 years ago, and now sees it only occasionally, due to the climate where he lives. And his gaming habits.

How cool! I hadn't heard a long version of this song before. Thanks!

Pibbur inspired me to watch Pink Floyd live in Pompeii.
Music is amazing, but the state of the art 'effects' make me laugh!

Water's screaming in Careful with that Axe Eugene makes my hairs rise!!

Spring is here (well, it's almost over, but who cares?) and while there aren't many parks and pigeons nearby, there are other things that makes spring complete: Firing up my benzin powered lawn-and-whatever's-n-there mower. Which I've called Rammstein.

And this is the music I'm listening to when operating the monster (from my general things-to-listen-to-when-it-gets-noisy list):

pibbur who at this point in time will inform the watch that his hearing is still good, and much better than the wife's, who has started wearing hearing aid devices.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom