Ask forgotten game

rixki

Traveler
Hello guys, I'm new here…

I ever play on my teen age, a game with this specification: (*which I forgot the name of the game)

- It's isometric rpg like diablo, but it has character human like only
- It's has quests to finished (just like most of all rpg games)
- The quest can be achieved by moving to other dimensions, so to transported into another dimension, the player need to go out the village and fight the monster outside then find the portal
- When clicking the portal it has interface like this
---------------------
| 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 |
---------------------
| 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 |
---------------------
- By clicking one of the 0 inside the frame, player will move the selected dimension
- The main purpose of this dimensions is trading, I can buy low on A plane and sell high on J plane
- I think its computer generated city too
- I'm playing this with my XP computer (or 7)

So, anyone play this game too ?? because I forgot the name and still searching the game on internet

I have a partial match, but probably more recent than what you are looking for: Moonlighter. It's isometric, involves trading, as well as portals.

Probably not what you are looking for, but maybe it's inspired by that game?

PS: To have any chance to find that game, make sure you really give all the details you know. This includes using the right wording. It may make a difference whether the portals go to different "dimensions", "planes", or "worlds". What is the artistic style? The setting (high fantasy, steam punk, scifi)? Only if you remember, of course.

PPS: There's also some game that I vaguely remember with too little detail to ever find it again. Was some kind of RPG / Adventure mix. First person fights, party based. But not with blobber movement, rather moving on a map. Color graphics. Fantasy setting. I think it had some reptile enemies, among others? But I don't want to hijack this thread. ;)

Last edited:
ah yes,

the graphic look like this game : sacred gold, but the character slightly tall than this, I remembered play this game on 1024x768 resolution, so the texture look like minecraft.

the setting/environment of the game is : fantasy

the portals only change the city, maybe it just change the planes since it not telling to go another dimension or show many planets like spore game, it just giving portal page and I need to choose which plane that I need to go.

the game system more likely to diablo, there fight on iso map, level up, stat up, trading and portals to another plane / city, every transported (post teleported) the player will arrive on jungle / field, the I need to walk and finding the city gate to going in to city.
I'll also remember the game city is not like diablo / fate / torchlight, but it just a single page with interface, for example there shop button for buy/sell ingredients (commodities), and shop button for equipment

I hope that information can help you (and me),

thanks before, I'll check the moonlighter first.

The part about the city (single page interface with shops) sounds a bit like rage of mages. Which also had portals here and there. But not in the style you described, and it did not really involve trading (only selling your loot).
Anyway, here's a video of rage of mages 2, just in case this rings any bells: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeqyxOZ-9vQ

Back
Top Bottom