|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Indie RPG » Ash of Gods

Default Ash of Gods

January 17th, 2018, 05:59
Seems to wear its Banner Saga influence on its sleeve, but excited for this nonetheless

Brood_Star

Traveler

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

January 17th, 2018, 16:01
Banner Saga is great company to be likened to. I get a similar vibe, and it's a good thing.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

January 17th, 2018, 19:36
I know some here dislike banner saga but i really liked it - banner saga 3 is my second most desired game for 2018. Only real complaint with banner saga is i'm surprise how long it takes to produce the games.

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

January 18th, 2018, 15:46
My only real complaint with the Banner Saga games is that they all seem quite small, but I'll put up with that for a good game. Which they both are, and I suspect the third will be just as good, if not superior.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

January 21st, 2018, 18:39
Originally Posted by Wisdom View Post
Kendi & Bolla looks great. Still striking but not an overdone sex goddesses. Nice.
Thank you!

Sorry but of all the sound tracks regarding Ash this is my least favorite. Reminds me of walking into the worst Russian club I've ever been to. Not a fan.

On the plus side, you have some really good ones for me. This one just isn't it.
Well, that is why we have a full OST, not just 1 track.

Originally Posted by Brood_Star View Post
Seems to wear its Banner Saga influence on its sleeve, but excited for this nonetheless
Originally Posted by Carnifex View Post
Banner Saga is great company to be likened to. I get a similar vibe, and it's a good thing.
Originally Posted by you View Post
I know some here dislike banner saga but i really liked it - banner saga 3 is my second most desired game for 2018. Only real complaint with banner saga is i'm surprise how long it takes to produce the games.
Originally Posted by Carnifex View Post
My only real complaint with the Banner Saga games is that they all seem quite small, but I'll put up with that for a good game. Which they both are, and I suspect the third will be just as good, if not superior.
Thank you, guys, we do give credit where credit's due, and both Banner Saga and Stoic Studio are among major inspirations for us.

With the release date getting close (March 2018) we've decided to put together a DevDiary, summing up our recent progress: completely new UI, significantly increased global map, fully recorded OST from Adam Skorupa, a new storyline and much much more.

https://ashofgods.com/news/developer-diary-5/

See if you find something useful in it, or maybe just let us what do you think of it.
--
Ash of Gods - a turn-based RPG featuring Roguelike storytelling aimed at risks that TRUELY affect the gameplay and an extensive online PvP mode!
We've set up our Steam store page - you can add the game to your wishlist to get notified upon its release.

Sneaky_seal

Watchdog

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

January 24th, 2018, 16:15

Orkan. It seems he can't smile and not very fond of people. But his wisdom and knowledge astonish. Do you think he's a good or an evil character?
--
Ash of Gods - a turn-based RPG featuring Roguelike storytelling aimed at risks that TRUELY affect the gameplay and an extensive online PvP mode!
We've set up our Steam store page - you can add the game to your wishlist to get notified upon its release.

Sneaky_seal

Watchdog

January 24th, 2018, 18:25
Clearly good
--
How about all games have a single huge lootbox you pay for up front that contains all the options, items, skins, unlocks etc? I'd pay for that!!

Wisdom

Torch & Pitchfork Vendor
Original Sin 2 Donor

January 28th, 2018, 17:38
Clearly good
Yep, he's a sweetheart

Working on artifacts' icons.

Which one do you like the most? Except our logo in right lower corner, of course.

--

Sneaky_seal

Watchdog

January 30th, 2018, 21:45
We are already at the finish line, and in February we will have a stream, where we will show a preview version of the game, which will later be available to those who supported us on Kickstarter (at a certain level).

And we want to know the opinion of the community: on what day of the week and when would it be the most convenient for you to watch it?

--

Sneaky_seal

Watchdog

February 3rd, 2018, 00:41
Beautiful Rit animated and ready for adventures. But you still have to wait till March to see her.

--

Sneaky_seal

Watchdog

February 9th, 2018, 21:11
Amma was one of the very first characters shown to public. During all this time she was reworked several times—and that's the final result. What do you think?

--

Sneaky_seal

Watchdog

+1:

February 9th, 2018, 22:10
Looking good. Is it full release in March or does EA start in March? Will get it when the full release comes out.
--
"From knowledge springs Power, just as weakness stems from Ignorance."

Hastar

Unspeakable
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

February 14th, 2018, 17:45
Originally Posted by Hastar View Post
Looking good. Is it full release in March or does EA start in March? Will get it when the full release comes out.
It is the full release, we're not doint EA, so it will be avaiable in a bit over a month.

If you think that Lo Pheng have a lot of lovely women among his companions, there's another one.

Shannet's name means "beauty" but this attractive appearance hides a very dangerous assassin who knows his own worth. Her honed skills will come in handy in combat.

--

Sneaky_seal

Watchdog

February 18th, 2018, 00:14
A new developer diary from Nikolay is already available on our website: find out how we work with the effects, what we have decided to do with the voice acting, how do we draw characters and what is the current state of all the texts and translations.

https://ashofgods.com/news/developer…y/dev-diary-6/
--

Sneaky_seal

Watchdog

February 20th, 2018, 20:18
During the last 2 weeks our trailer on YouTube was watched more than 25 000 times, over a hundred media from all over the wolrd wrote about the game, and you can find the first let's plays and previews on YouTube and Twitch.

The most important one so far is probably the IGN one (it being one the biggest and oldest media dedicated to videogames).

Have you read it already?

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/02/…adventure-game
--

Sneaky_seal

Watchdog

February 20th, 2018, 23:36
When is release and how much will change in the game between these previews and release version ?

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

February 21st, 2018, 00:45
This is an instabuy for me. Great work guys. Is this the actual Banner Saga engine or your own IP? Just curious. Buying either way!
--
"For Innos!"

ToddMcF2002

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

February 25th, 2018, 00:18
Originally Posted by you View Post
When is release and how much will change in the game between these previews and release version ?
Well, the release in a month (March 20th) so it wouldn't change much really.

Originally Posted by ToddMcF2002 View Post
This is an instabuy for me. Great work guys. Is this the actual Banner Saga engine or your own IP? Just curious. Buying either way!
Thank you! No, we've created the game engine ourselves using Unity (though Stoic did license their engine for a game, Bedlam).

A new developer diary, number seven, is already available on our website.

What is unusual, this time it was written not by Nicholay, but by Ivan Bobenko, our game designer, who mainly deals with the combat system of the game.

Combat system is the focus of his diary: balance, mechanics, unique aspects of the characters.

He would be happy to answer your questions.

https://ashofgods.com/news/developer…y/dev-diary-7/
--

Sneaky_seal

Watchdog

February 25th, 2018, 00:34
Originally Posted by Sneaky_seal View Post
What is unusual, this time it was written not by Nicholay, but by Ivan Bobenko, our game designer, who mainly deals with the combat system of the game.
So assuming less swearing from Ivan
--
How about all games have a single huge lootbox you pay for up front that contains all the options, items, skins, unlocks etc? I'd pay for that!!

Wisdom

Torch & Pitchfork Vendor
Original Sin 2 Donor

February 25th, 2018, 02:29
I look forward to playing this in the near future!! Keep up the good work

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Tags
cards, indie, tactical rpg, visual novel
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Indie RPG » Ash of Gods