Must-Play Vintage Mac Games?

TheRealFluent

H.O.O. Inquisitor
hey folks. just got a working copy of mac os 8.1 on my tablet, ready to delve into vintage mac! what rpgs, simulation/strategy games and general cool stuff would u recommend to me? I don't care how old it is, I'm interested!

cheers. :party:

Wish I could help man but I never played any Mac Games. I could recommend the older Spiderweb RPGs though you probably played them already. Sorry about that.:(

Wish I could help man but I never played any Mac Games. I could recommend the older Spiderweb RPGs though you probably played them already. Sorry about that.:(

No problem, couch buddy! :party:

Spiderweb games for sure, I grabbed the definitive 2.0 version of Exile 1! Excited to play it sometime as it was the original game in the series, just updated to a 2.0 version over the (way back then) years. :)

I grabbed a few others that seem cool, but I don't know a ton about what's available. Gotta dig more. o_O

Autoduel was pretty decent on Mac. Dark Castle and Beyond Dark Castle are quite fun platform games, very immersive. I've only ever played these on emulator through.

Maybe the Eschalon: Book games by Basilisk Games?

The first game is still free - http://basiliskgames.com/purchase-games/

nice idea! but the mac os i run (8.1) is more of a 90's system, so stuff after 2000 i doubt i can emulate, unless i download a more modern mac OS, which i'm not sure my emulator (basilisk ii) can do! so for now i'm emulating like ancient games, haha. :D Still a ton of fun!

Autoduel was pretty decent on Mac. Dark Castle and Beyond Dark Castle are quite fun platform games, very immersive. I've only ever played these on emulator through.

thanks! those look cool!

Yeah, back in the 90s I was only using my Mac for music making, as the gaming world had shifted to the PC pretty firmly, with only occasional releases (things like the best ever version of Dark Forces - the ones on Steam/GoG now are still the inferior DOS version!).

For the most part anything you can get would be available for DOS/Windows, and likely more up to date through GoG.

Yeah, back in the 90s I was only using my Mac for music making, as the gaming world had shifted to the PC pretty firmly, with only occasional releases (things like the best ever version of Dark Forces - the ones on Steam/GoG now are still the inferior DOS version!).

For the most part anything you can get would be available for DOS/Windows, and likely more up to date through GoG.

i'm interested in emulating games from that era, not using dos (i will dig into this at a later date), windows (i'm on my tablet doing this), or steam/gog (i can already stream any PC game to my tablet and play on it.) i'm specifically looking for anything good on mac and i've found quite a bit so far but i'm sure i've overlooked quite a bit, too!

Autoduel is frigging amazing. Quite possibly one of the best games ever made. I lost months playing that thing, it was so different from other games at the time and reminded me a lot about the pen and paper version.

Autoduel is frigging amazing. Quite possibly one of the best games ever made. I lost months playing that thing, it was so different from other games at the time and reminded me a lot about the pen and paper version.

thanks carni! i'm looking forward to checking it out. Found about 30 obscure (to me) RPGs i like so far. will eventually get to em all but i'm taking my time and finishing up some stuff i'm already working on first. more suggestions though, please! :party:

Back
Top Bottom