KotOR Remake - In Development Outside of EA?

I highly doubt they'll change anything about character creation except to maybe add more options.

It's not very exciting news to me. I was hoping it would be more than just a remake, but oh well...

Yeah I was hoping for a new game as well but at least it's a remake. So that usually means it will be different then the original. Hope they add some new content as well.
So I thought about an XCOM-camera KoTOR: Jedis beating the SHT out of each other in turn-based mode with lightsabers. :D
Old comment but damn I would pay to play something like that. A good setting would be the clone wars. You'd be a Jedi commanding a squad of clone troopers.:drool:

I'm onboard with this. I played recently Jedi Fallen Order, which seemed to go unnoticed and got no coverage in this site that I remember, but I enjoyed it quite a bit and left me craving for a new full fledged Star Wars RPG.

Here's hoping!

Indeed, Fallen Order was a nice surprise. It's the best Star Wars game I played in a very long time. I'm looking forward to the sequel more than this remake.

I'm definitely interested by a remake. We'll see how Spyre handles that.

There is also this little mini-series project made with the Unreal engine. I'm only mentioning that because it's KotOR, it's made by a fan and for now he's only making a proof-of-concept trailer. So nothing sure yet. You'll also see near the end of the short article, a mention of the petition to EA and Disney for a remake ;)

As long as Electronic Arts has nothing to do with this and it's in no way affiliated with the Origin platform, colour me intrigued. If the remake does well I could see perhaps a new game in the series being possible, or maybe just some additional content for the re-creation. Who knows, maybe an old fashioned true expansion!

I'm onboard with this. I played recently Jedi Fallen Order, which seemed to go unnoticed and got no coverage in this site that I remember, but I enjoyed it quite a bit and left me craving for a new full fledged Star Wars RPG.

Here's hoping!
Jedi Fallen Order had some coverage but it was not an RPG. The last Star Wars RPG was the F2P online version. I had zero interest in that game even when it became free.

See the good news is EA lost exclusive rights to the IP and I'm ecstatic.:)

Last edited:
I'm definitely interested by a remake. We'll see how Spyre handles that.

There is also this little mini-series project made with the Unreal engine. I'm only mentioning that because it's KotOR, it's made by a fan and for now he's only making a proof-of-concept trailer. So nothing sure yet. You'll also see near the end of the short article, a mention of the petition to EA and Disney for a remake ;)
Yeah I remember all of those fan remakes and Disney or EA shut them down. I'd like to think they helped with the new official remake, but no it was Disney in the end.

Like I said above they want to make a TV show, movie, and comics on the setting.

The remake noone asked for or needed.

Yeah I remember all of those fan remakes and Disney or EA shut them down. I'd like to think they helped with the new official remake, but no it was Disney in the end.

Like I said above they want to make a TV show, movie, and comics on the setting.
It's not a remake, it's an animation mini series (video) produced with the Unreal engine.

I haven't seen any comment from the author regarding the copyright, either he hasn't asked, or he got no reply. That didn't stop him from starting a Patreon :D Not sure what he'll do if his project is shut down by Disney (who owns the copyright).

Well, as if on clue, the author of the mini-series I mentioned earlier has made a short Q&A video. He did ask LucasFilm about it and got an answer a few days ago.

In summary, he has the authorization to continue the project as long as he follows a few rules (cannot be crowdfunded, cannot monetize the series, nor use existing footage).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrTvElB4TJw

Back
Top Bottom