Final Fantasy VII - The Returns

Zloth

I smell a... wumpus!?
No, that isn't a typo in the title - we're getting two of them!

First there's a straight-up HD port of the game. If I'm following the news items right, that will come out for PS4 first then will be ported to PC. The PC version should show up this winter.

There's also going to be a complete remake. This will be aimed at the more modern gamer, which I think means people that can't possibly be expected to read entire paragraphs of text. They expect to dink around with the story some, too, though not to the point where it won't be recognizable as FF7.

So it's the best of both worlds. If you want the classic that's just upgraded so people don't look like something out of Minecraft, you got it. If you want the more modern game, you can get that. If you want Jessie to be your love interest, better luck next time.

Wired's Interview with the game's director: http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2015-06/23/final-fantasy-vii-remake-different

Gamespot's article on PC getting HD port this winter: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/final-fantasy-7-ps4-port-delayed-to-winter-also-co/1100-6428228/

P.S. CouchPotato posted this but the topic got drafted into the news list.

First there's a straight-up HD port of the game. If I'm following the news items right, that will come out for PS4 first then will be ported to PC. The PC version should show up this winter.

I think you misread the Gamespot article. The HD port is simply the current PC version being ported to the PS4.

I believe the remake is going to be a PS4 exclusive at first and then get ported to PC later.

You think? But then how is that an HD port? The current PC version is the same game that came out eons ago.

You think? But then how is that an HD port? The current PC version is the same game that came out eons ago.

Same game yes, but at 1080p. The only console version currently available is still the original PS1 version at 320x240 resolution.

Back
Top Bottom