Might & Magic X - Falcon & The Unicorn DLC

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
According to Capsule Computers Might & Magic X will be receiving a new DLC called Falcon & The Unicorn on March 27th. The Mac version will be released on the same day also.

Ubisoft have announced that Might & Magic X – Legacy DLC “The Falcon & The Unicorn” will be available for download from March 27th. If you own the deluxe edition this DLC will be available to you for free, otherwise it set you back £5.49. People on the Mac platform who have wanted to get into the game will be happy to know they won’t have to wait much longer, as Might & Magic X – Legacy will be coming to Steam for Mac on the March 27th as well after being available on Windows PC for some time now.

The “The Falcon & The Unicorn” DLC introduces an exclusive quest line, 2 new dungeons, an all-new array of iconic enemies from the Haven faction and more. The epic events of Might & Magic X – Legacy made our favourite group of Raiders the heroes of Ashan and now the Holy Inquisition itself wants their heads, accusing them of crimes they didn’t commit. Sentenced to rot away until death on the prison island of Fort Laegaire, the Raiders must once again combine their wits and skills to unravel a sinister plot targeting the heart of the imperial court.
More information.

Yea well…
No.

Not only I've uninstalled the game already because I've finished it (and also those bonus dungeons released later), but I don't actually care for level 40 achievement so my gamesaves are also gone. Unless this is a standalone DLC, I will never buy it.
Treat me with MM11 instead.

I will buy it because maybe the funds will help make MM11. Hope the Mac sales do well also.

Same Hastar. This is Ubi's way of testing the market after the game has come out. Are people going to continue to want the product, or was it a one off? If lots of people buy the DLC, it shows a continuing interest in the franchise and so they can feel safe developing 11.

Well, I have the Deluxe German boxed edition with a cloth map ... so I get it for free :)

No crpgnut, it shows only a continuing interest in buying DLC. I don't have such interest and hopefully in this year am not the minority.

This is Ubi's way of testing the market after the game has come out
The game was a way of testing the market. The DLC a way of testing the quality of the game.
I liked the game, but hey, it was really buggy and awfully unoptimized ( thanks Unity? And the size of the world is probably at best 1/100 of MM3's, WTF?!? ).
I suppose all this is due to tight budget and short schedules, as always.
So, I'd really like Ubisoft to be a little more ambitious with MMXI if it ever happens, and have an eye on Grimrock 2, I'm really more confident on this one.

Many people have been asking on the forum for a DLC. The question is, is it too late? I bought the deluxe edition, so I get it free and will use it on my second playthrough. The question is how many people who haven't will buy it. I don't see how a DLC can test the waters for a sequel. Many people have played through the main game multiple times already. If they release 2+ DLCs though, they can create a "gold" edition. It seems to me in general DLCs are usually away to farm extra money if a decent amount of people have already bought a game. Publishers think they have an audience, all of the main game elements are already developed and one can create a bit of extra content without spending too much money and sell it for a very high profit (at least as opposed to the main game).

Sorry Joxer, but if they are serving the DLC kool-aid for this game, then my glass is ready! The turn-based movement and combat, plus the gotta-step-on-every-square exploration, is addictive.

Ace - this will give me the perfect excuse for a second run. Counting the days to MM:XI.

When done right, I don't mind DLC. Doing it right means NOT 'hiding' content that was already there when the game went retail and unlocking it as 'day-1 DLC' or charging for DLC that is extremely minor (i.e. Horse Armor). But true-blue new content that offers significant new gameplay, post release, I have no issues with and have enjoyed such content many times, even back in the dinosaur age when DLC were called expansions.

This is well-timed -- I'm probably going to finish my first run-through on the game this weekend. Just enough time for a palette-cleanser and then it's back to the dungeons.

I will buy it because maybe the funds will help make MM11. Hope the Mac sales do well also.

Maybe there is something wrong with me but as a diehard M&M fan I bought three copies of it (one digital deluxe, one boxed deluxe, one normal boxed for gift) in order to support M&M and show Ubi that there's demand for the game. :)

I don't think I can get deluxe. I think it was Europe only, wasn't it? I'd go deluxe if it was offered to Americans with the map and all.

I believe they said all the pre-purchase versions were "deluxe".

In europe, boxed version was same price as download, so I opted for that, but I think every early access version is treated as deluxe. Only the "release date" purchasers are considered non-deluxe.

To be fair, this is really nice on Ubi's part - early supporters of the game get extra content as a thankyou for giving Ubi loads of cash up front, whilst it is low-cost DLC for those who chose the more cautious approach.

Whilst I'd prefer a whole "expansion" rather than DLC (ie. a new game continent, or remixed map/dungeons), this was definately a nice surprise to wake up to. More traditional M&M gets two thumbs up from me!

A little off-topic but still on the subject of M&MX - does anyone here have any information on the rational of including M&M6 with the deluxe version? It's odd to me since M&MX is more of a homage to M&M IV & V (and arguably all versions below V). Just curious.

They took so long to get the patch out and then the dlc. I was finished with MMX a long time ago, way before the patch was released. I feel a little frustrated about the whole process.

A little off-topic but still on the subject of M&MX - does anyone here have any information on the rational of including M&M6 with the deluxe version? It's odd to me since M&MX is more of a homage to M&M IV & V (and arguably all versions below V). Just curious.

I wondered that too. Maybe VI was the one with the least red tape to get approved. I seem to remember Enroth being the land of one of the Heroes games too, maybe that's it....

The game was a way of testing the market. The DLC a way of testing the quality of the game.
I liked the game, but hey, it was really buggy and awfully unoptimized ( thanks Unity? And the size of the world is probably at best 1/100 of MM3's, WTF?!? ).
I suppose all this is due to tight budget and short schedules, as always.
So, I'd really like Ubisoft to be a little more ambitious with MMXI if it ever happens, and have an eye on Grimrock 2, I'm really more confident on this one.
It's a comparison between a real time game and a turn based game, not fully pertinent for me. And you complain of size could be targeted to Grimrock.

Grimrock was for me the best RPG of the year, but I have some worry about the 2 because at end of 1 the combats was going too much the same, I was just applying the same tricks constantly or mostly. I'm afraid that they won't be able to deepen it and this will deserve the game. I'm more confident on the puzzles and progression design and that's the more important, but with combats that don't work well the whole will have a lot less charm.

Still haven't played this more than five minutes. I have so much to do I always wait at leas 6 months to play a game even if I bought it. You get twice the game that way!

Back
Top Bottom