Solasta - Next Stop, Full Release!

When the reality is, it is not at all unusual for a cRPG to be designed with a specific set of levels in mind, just as p&p modules often have a specific set of levels in mind.

Since i have played paper RPGs as well I know what you mean. Not an issue by itself (I haven't called a lv10 cap an "issue"). Having played dozens CRPGs as well and almost all DND-based ones I have the feeling how LONG does it takes to reach that goal. So my disappointment is for a game SHORTER overall than just for the level cap.
Of course it is speculation as this point (cant play the beta RN), and maybe the devs diluted XP so much that Solasta will lasts for 40+ hours. But I bet it wont.

I REALLY hope Solasta is 40 real game hours, it does seem a bit stretched for 10 levels but whatever.

Pathfinder: Kingmaker in TBM is about 200-250 hours, but to level 20, and party of 6 with more enemies.

Half of which redoing bugged quest and realm events I guess. :D
Or it was so for me. Love-hated it. Hope they learned all their mistakes while fixing it and doing the sequel.

Half of which redoing bugged quest and realm events I guess. :D
Or it was so for me. Love-hated it. Hope they learned all their mistakes while fixing it and doing the sequel.
Haha, no, I was lucky to pick it up when it was pretty much bug free :D I imagine it must have been frustrating. Kingdom management on Auto may still get those events messing your main campaign though, I wouldn't try that.

It took so long because of TB, that really makes a huge difference.

We sure all hope they take the time to fix everything and don't feel pressured to release even if it's not ready. They're not starting from scratch, and they did learn from other important issues, so I'm rather optimistic.

With Solasta EA, I'm averaging about 30 hours a playthrough, but I'm a fairly slow and thorough player. XP is definitely not given away and I would need to grind for several hours to reach level 8, so I expect that level 10 is a very reasonable cap that many people will not reach!!

Back
Top Bottom