Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Sometimes, depending on the situation

Votes: 13 19.7%
  • Rarely, only for games I back or just can't wait for

Votes: 27 40.9%
  • Never, this is an industry travesty and I refuse to pay to test their game

Votes: 23 34.8%

• Total voters
Just for the record. There is no intention to make the polls scientifically correct and cover all possible options. Even if they are ambiguous, you can still select a yes or a no and explain what you mean with it. They are supposed to be fun and give you something to talk about.
So don't worry, we are not going to use this in any scientific way ;)

Myrthos,

That agreement to sell the results of our polls here to the giants of the gaming industry, did everything go well? :p

No. It's philosophically pretty unappealing to me - I don't want to spoil my joy when the full game finally comes around by having to repeat too many sections. Plus, the unpredictability of development means you're never fully secure that your saves will be compatible. Then there's the element of being a bit of a play tester and the chances of changes implemented not being desirable. I'm paitent for the bigger titles that I'm anticipating and prefer to wait for full release. I mean honestly, there's already a plethora of games which are ready in the meantime to bother with Early Access.

Just for the record. There is no intention to make the polls scientifically correct and cover all possible options. Even if they are ambiguous, you can still select a yes or a no and explain what you mean with it. They are supposed to be fun and give you something to talk about.
So don't worry, we are not going to use this in any scientific way ;)

:D

Absolutely - I just wanted to start the discussion on the option I chose :)

I don't like Early Access for games where the story is important. But for sandbox games, I'm all for it.

Does downloading the free version count? ;)

I generally don't participate in early access, but I'll "try" a game sometimes if it looks interesting. If it turns out to be something I want to play, they get my money 100% of the time.

Nope, I usually only buy games discounted and I tend to wait until all DLC have been released. I simply don't have the time to play through games multiple times, so I want the most complete experience when I play.

That said, like others I do sometimes (once in a blue moon) buy games in EA for developers I want to support (Colony Ship being the latest one), and I do chip in for a KS here and there that looks interesting.

That agreement to sell the results of our polls here to the giants of the gaming industry, did everything go well? :p
I still have to work for a living, so that deal never happened :)

Nothing sells a game to me like serious hype from friends or comments/chatter in these forums. I think these days I like to know in advance if I'm wasting my time.

I voted never. I tend to only buy games that have released all their DLCs which usually means they are discounted and fairly bug free. Can afford to pay full price - just a bit "Scrooge" like.

regards

Bannerlord EA was an instant buy for me. My Covid game, 800 hours in. Quit a few months ago though because it was stagnating. Over a year in EA and still far from ready IMHO. Got my money out of it trying every possible combo so not complaining. A little disappointed maybe.

At this point I feel this poll could do with just two options:
"Yes (explain when and why)"
"No (explain why)"

Not complaining, just saying!

"No (explain why)"

No, because then we wouldn't be able to discuss on the way the poll is written anymore :biggrin:
@Myrthos; pretends it's not used scientifically, but I know for a fact those polls are used to measure our entropy!

"No (explain why)"

No because you see when I did past polls and you can check them on this forum. There are always smart-asses who comment on why the offered options are never enough.

So yes I even kept it simple and offered yes or no and it still wasn't good enough.

Edit: Not targeting you Nereida. So no offense meant.

Last edited:
No because you see when I did past polls and you can check them on this forum. There are always smart-asses who comment on why the offered options are never enough.

So yes I even kept it simple and offered yes or no and it still wasn't good enough.

Even if you posted a poll simply about “can you post a poll without people complaining about the choices?” With a Yes/No choice … you would STILL get people who complain about the choices … :D

There was one about DAW (digital audio workstations, music making systems) on YouTube last week, and it (YouTube) only allows 5 choices so the person put choices and also said “add your choice in the comments if not listed” … and instead the comments instead devolved into outrage about why one certain system wasn’t included with the five choices listed. As in, at least 80% of comments were outrage and hostility about that …

Lol, yeah. But at the end of the day, it is a public forum, on the internet, in a particularly fractious age. Best to be prepared for heated criticism of one thing or another. I try to view the times it annoys me as tax for the times I engage in it myself. :p

Haha I love the disclaimer. It's good, I have no qualms against you! Unless you wanna talk about TB vs RTwP. ;)

Complaints/suggestions about polls are an essential reason of why we still keep doing them :)

Myrthos is kind enough to host these questions, so whatever format he uses/dictates will work for me. Perhaps at times these things can be over-thought to an extreme.

Back
Top Bottom